Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are UFOs piloted by humans from the future ?

UM-Bot

Just now, sci-nerd said:

There's a difference between mathematical possibilities, and what is practically possible. GR equations also allow reversed entropy. It just can't be done for real.

I don't agree, the mathematical is first used to identify the possibility, without math nothing being discussed would be possible.

peace

• Like 1

Here is another https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20120827-how-to-make-time-stand-still where people report the second hand on a clock they just looked at as being momentarily frozen.

I dont remember the name in psychology for the related one where sometimes when we look at a clock we see it tick backwards before resuming ticking forwards. I suspect it may actually run backwards for a tick (reverse time flow) before time resumes flowing in the correct direction for the clock.

9 hours ago, iridescence said:

I don't think time travel is possible. Each small alteration in the environment could lead to huge consequences in the future.

Here's the tricky thing though. How would we even know if something was altered? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Here is another https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20120827-how-to-make-time-stand-still where people report the second hand on a clock they just looked at as being momentarily frozen.

I dont remember the name in psychology for the related one where sometimes when we look at a clock we see it tick backwards before resuming ticking forwards. I suspect it may actually run backwards for a tick (reverse time flow) before time resumes flowing in the correct direction for the clock.

Please post a link to this theory, I would like to see how they claim this is possible.

peace

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Here's the tricky thing though. How would we even know if something was altered? 

That's a very good point, and in reality we wouldn't know if it ever happened because we would be living in a new time line where it didn't happen.

peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

latest?cb=20180404154156

Hop on in folks. Where we are going we won't need eyes to see. All we gotta do is just fire up this here singularity generator and off we go.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

We have no way to prove if what happened in the past remains fixed in the past.

We cannot even show the past exists somewhere, all we can infer is that there was a before. And all we know is we have memories of past events. Not that the past still exists or is fixed.

Edited by RabidMongoose

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's a very good point, and in reality we wouldn't know if it ever happened.

peace

Only the person who changed a timeline would know. For the rest of us nothing changed. If someone from say 2149 went back in time and offed Adolf, we would never have know who he was. Even when this person did return to their time, no one else would either. That also raise the question. If time is linear then how would anyone know to change something. It's a straight line. If an alternative timeline is created then the original traveler might only return to their own time, not the new diverging path. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

The only pet time travel theory I have is the observer one. Where in the future we have somehow created a way to send an avatar of someone's consciousness through time. Think of it as a 'ghost'. We can't change anything in the past (to them) nor can we influence anything without risking a paradox. Basically saying that what if ghost aren't ghost, but time travelers that exist on the edge of perception. Such an idea might explain phantom noises, cold spots, probably a bunch of other stuff. Not saying it's legit, just an idea. 

Edited by XenoFish

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Only the person who changed a timeline would know. For the rest of us nothing changed. If someone from say 2149 went back in time and offed Adolf, we would never have know who he was. Even when this person did return to their time, no one else would either. That also raise the question. If time is linear then how would anyone know to change something. It's a straight line. If an alternative timeline is created then the original traveler might only return to their own time, not the new diverging path. 

If the person runs time backwards he would

1. Jump to the past.

2. Reverse off Hitler.

3. Jump back to the future.

There is a time loop in his past not a continuous straight line.

38 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't agree, the mathematical is first used to identify the possibility, without math nothing being discussed would be possible.

peace

I think we actually do agree. Everything that is possible is best described mathematically. A good example is nonlocality. When it was first described mathematically, Einstein refused to believe it was possible. He was wrong.

So how do you suggest that we could reverse the universe?

On 1/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, DreadLordAvatar said:

These time travellers are the pleiadians from star system zeta reticuli.  Corey Goode and David Wilcox can corroborate this evidence by their first hand experience!

Do you realize that Reticulum is a constellation and that zeta is a star in that constellation?

Do you realize that the Pleiades is not near Reticulum?

The Pleiades is a northern open star cluster and Reticulum is a southern constellation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

If the person runs time backwards he would

1. Jump to the past.

2. Have Kanye West's parents neutered before puberty.

3. Jump back to the future.

There is a time loop in his past not a continuous straight line.

I like this idea best.

2 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I think we actually do agree. Everything that is possible is best described mathematically. A good example is nonlocality. When it was first described mathematically, Einstein refused to believe it was possible. He was wrong.

So how do you suggest that we could reverse the universe?

Currently with our present technology it isn't possible to do so. We don't have the ability to create a large enough gravity well, or to travel at light speed or greater. But even if we could do either of the things I stated above their is no guaranty that a human could survive the physical of mental stress involved in the transition. As far as the nonlocality theory is concerned, I am not a proponent of it. Even without this theory Quantum mechanics and string theory are are also something that while possible, have not proven without a doubt that Einsteins theories are not correct concerning Spacetime, they are nothing more then theories that attempt to disprove Alberts theories.

Maybe some day someone will prove that Einsteins theories are not complete, but again that hasn't been proven yet and until it is I will follow the rules that govern Spacetime according to Einstein, and Dr. Steven Hawking who also supports Alberts theories.

Peace

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's one of those things where in my opinion there is no answer for it  at the present time. We just don't have the technology to do it so it is impossible to prove it. I know there are those who will disagree with me, but I can't even argue the point because there is no right or wrong answer currently, only opinions.

Peace

6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

As far as the nonlocality theory is concerned, I am not a proponent of it.

What are you talking about? Nonlocality is a proven fact. You know; entangled particles. So is quantum theory by the way. It has been proven more times than any other theory. It can't be denied. String "theory" on the other hand is not proven.

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

What are you talking about? Nonlocality is a proven fact. You know; entangled particles. So is quantum theory by the way. It has been proven more times than any other theory. It can't be denied. String "theory" on the other hand is not proven.

Nonlocality and Qantum mechanics are not proven in how they relate to General and Special Relativity and Spacetime / Time travel. In addition to date nothing has proven that Einsteins tbeories are not correct. While I admit his theories may not be compete, and that in time his theories may be added too, that also hasn't been proven yet.

peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

Do the pilots of the time-travelling UFO's get "back-pay" ? :huh:

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Nonlocality and Qantum mechanics are not proven in how they relate to General and Special Relativity and Spacetime / Time travel. 

peace

Quantum field theory is based on special relativity.

You can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_gravity

Edited by sci-nerd

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Quantum field theory is based on special relativity.

You can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_gravity

Actually it's not Special Relativity it is in fact General Relativity,  but none of these theories including Einstiens can be put into action with our current technology, so until they can be there is no proof, only theory.

peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Actually it's not Special Relativity it is in fact General Relativity

Read the wiki, dude, or should I call you 'oracle', Mr Omniscient? :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Read the wiki, dude, or should I call you 'oracle', Mr Omniscient? :D

Therefore, physicists lack experimental data which could distinguish between the competing theories which have been proposed[n.b. 1][n.b. 2] and thus thought experiment approaches are suggested as a testing tool for these theories.

This is where we disagree, I don't believe in thought experiment approaches used as testing tools for any theory, do you?

peace

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't believe in thought experiment approaches used as testing tools for any theory, do you?

Nope, then it's not even a theory, but a conjecture. Maybe a hypothesis if you rub me the right way.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Nope, then it's not even a theory, but a conjecture. Maybe a hypothesis if you rub me the right way.

Without stroking you in anyway, I agree that currently it is conjecture and nothing more. That has been my point all along.

peace

20 hours ago, iridescence said:

I don't think time travel is possible. Each small alteration in the environment could lead to huge consequences in the future.

Btw, this reminded me of the grandfather paradox.

This video is the best approach to the Grandfather Paradox I have ever seen. Thanks iridescence.

The fact is we know that Einstein predicted time dilation, but apart from some strange "unsolved mystery" experiences such as the guy who got in his Cessna in Bermuda and flew to Florida, arriving before he left, or the Gil Perez mystery.  While it seems unlikely, we do have odd stories about people who seem to have accidentally done the impossible.  For all we know, all those Missing 411 people have been swallowed up by temporal wormholes. Of course I am not enough of a betting man to assume that is true.