Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Vorg

Check out the media or user submitted pics on home page. If they don't show up, just click on the blank area and it will load.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

So true to every recent Microsoft Flight Simulator this will have every runway in the world, Nav aids, and highly detailed cities, and the landscape is made from actual satellite mapping.

Alpha invites went out today through next week, and it is due sometime this year. Read insider FAQ as well as the home page for more details.

Cub-craft-6.jpg

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

They should re- release their combat flight sim :-) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

They should re- release their combat flight sim :-) 

Heck yeah, especially done like this.

12 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Check out the media or user submitted pics on home page. If they don't show up, just click on the blank area and it will load.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

So true to every recent Microsoft Flight Simulator this will have every runway in the world, Nav aids, and highly detailed cities, and the landscape is made from actual satellite mapping.

Alpha invites went out today through next week, and it is due sometime this year. Read insider FAQ as well as the home page for more details.

Cub-craft-6.jpg

Sold.

When`s it out?

• Like 1

To make it even more realistic.;)

"You are entering restricted airspace.  Turn around, or we will open fire."

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Sold.

When`s it out?

I believe this is the last Alpha testing before they start Beta testing. So my guess would be no sooner than Summer. But 2020 is really all we know for sure.

• Like 2

My cash is waiting..::D

PS - another one I've got my eye on in the "coming soon" category is 'Deadstick'-

deadstick.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Last flight sim I played was F/A-18 Hornet 3.0.

Me too..:D

I owned just about every flight sim on the market in the glory days of the 1980's / 90's but sadly since then most f sims have lost that old clean uncluttered look.

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crikey said:

My cash is waiting..::D

PS - another one I've got my eye on in the "coming soon" category is 'Deadstick'-

deadstick.jpg

Yep, I've had my eye on that one too. Ought to be real fun using pure navigation across long stretches with little or no Nav aids. :) And the graphics of Alaska look really nice too.

Edited by South Alabam

Yeah we can already do that in FSX (below), it's easy in good weather, but if you add some fog it's not so easy..:D

fsx-fjsa.jpg

fsx-hgh.jpg

• Like 1

I had FSX, now P3D never flew VFR, lol. Always instruments. I know I can navigate with maps etc... It just those clouds blocking mountains in my path that worries me :D

• Like 1

Here's a video that shows Pre Alpha footage from September or earlier. This video is really worth watching with satellite accuracy of the earth down to 3CM, with every city and airport on the planet. It is truly an amazing simulator. The clouds are made from the humidity in the air and contain wind shear etc, just like real life. I could go on and on, just watch the video :D

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 5:11 AM, South Alabam said:

I believe this is the last Alpha testing before they start Beta testing. So my guess would be no sooner than Summer. But 2020 is really all we know for sure.

With the last one they did do military expansions after a bit.

The last one was great fun. Lightning storms, birds flying in your engines, everything. Its on Steam if you want to play before this new one.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I remember playing Flight Simulator 98 on PC back in the day. Even for its time I thought the graphics looked realistic. :)

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 1:11 PM, Scholar4Truth said:

I remember playing Flight Simulator 98 on PC back in the day. Even for its time I thought the graphics looked realistic. :)

I used MSFS 4.0.  I only had like a 90 MB hard drive. The Flight sims install size was 1.56 MB expanding even larger just to give younger people an idea of how PC's have adapted just over the last 30 years.

• 5 months later...

August 18th release date. 1.5 Billion buildings, and you will be able to fly over your house as real world topography is used.

If you see a plane in the air, it is an aircraft that is flying in real life with real world integration.

Moving people, vehicles and animals. 

real weather using real data such as wind temperature, speed, direction,  atmospheric pressure etc..

This video list the top 10 features of this simulator. Simply amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

It went on Steam today. It's also on Amazon, but not downloadable until the 17th and playable on the 18th of August.

It comes in standard, deluxe and premium versions. $59, $89 and $119 respectively.  The deluxe and premium versions have more aircraft and more detailed airports than the standard version.       

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1250410/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator/

• 3 weeks later...