Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EVP and melodic range spectrograms

Adrian010

I would like to share my way to obtained sound files and get some feedback about the spectrograms,  sounds and noises recorded
I use audacity recording with an external mycropohone in interior home room practically isolated from external noises
After some 30 to 60 secs recording,stopping and in the obtained sound file I search a significant spectrogram by amplifying the signal combined with noise reduction.
When something significant appears as spectrogram I open the sound file with the melodic range spectrogram program from sonic visualiser,to get the image. ¿Maybe all the inaudible electrosmog, wifi waves,handys short waves, etc could explain these sounds?
I collected some dozens sound or noise files and uploaded them to share in soundcloud as electronic voices, illustrated with a melodic range spectrogram fragment:

EVP with melodic range spectrograms

thanks for your feed back would be of great help

15enero 01 49sg53 modulacion de voz grave fragmentacion1.png

15 enero 01 fragm 30 sg de 3min54 radio noise.png

15enero01 1min23fragmdefragmdefragm1.png

Edited by Adrian010
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Adrian010    What are you saying in simple terms for us non-technical experts? Are you saying you might be capturing some paranormally generated melodic sounds and want opinions on if it could be that or are natural explanations more likely?

What are your suspicions here?

• Like 2

hi papageorge1 thanks for your answer. I recorded with audacity sounds and voices like noise that shouldn´t be there in a silent room

the recorded files have also spectrograms patterns like the ones I posted. Please listen to them and give me some feedback

EVP voices or sonic artifacts nr65 33secs

I use the  program from the Queen May University London for recordings research named Sonic visualiser and the melodic range spectrogram app for old Edison cylinders music recordings which is my activity, not the EVP research, I am not EVP researcher so I can´t give an opinion on this recording field. You are the experts so I share with you the strange stuff

Edited by Adrian010
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adrian010 said:

hi papageorge1 thanks for your answer. I recorded with audacity sounds and voices like noise that shouldn´t be there in a silent room

the recorded files have also spectrograms patterns like the ones I posted. Please listen to them and give me some feedback

EVP voices or sonic artifacts nr65 33secs

I use the  program from the Queen May University London for recordings research named Sonic visualiser and the melodic range spectrogram app for old Edison cylinders music recordings which is my activity, not the EVP research, I am not EVP researcher so I can´t give an opinion on this recording field. You are the experts so I share with you the strange stuff

I listened to the 33 seconds and heard some weird stuff. Then after that a guitar and some guy singing started playing. What was that?

Unfortunately, I am not an audio expert myself to help you analyze this.

Can you give us more info like 'why' are you doing this? Are you curious to see what you can capture that theoretically shouldn't be there?

recorde voices and wave pulses

here another example, I cannot give an answer this stuff is collected by audacity in a silent room, no explanations. I got some curiosity when trying to record Edison cylinders with audacity and found this stuff. I tryed to analyze it with spectrograms, before destroying all this strange audio stuff without logical explanation I uploaded it to soundcloud maybe someone with knowledge can start something with it and give some answer

My personal opinion about this  is it could be somehting related to environmental electro and radiowaves smog somehow recorded by audacity

8 hours ago, Adrian010 said:

My personal opinion about this  is it could be somehting related to environmental electro and radiowaves smog somehow recorded by audacity

You started this thread in the 'Paranormal Investigation' section. Are you thinking this could have a spiritual realm source in some cases? I have heard others with top-level expertise say they have captured sounds that have no known natural explanation.

Hi

I think these recorded sounds are very difficult to be explained in a silent room, ¿maybe inaudible radio waves , wifi etc could explain it? I would hope so but  I really don´t know.

3 minutes ago, Adrian010 said:

Hi

I think these recorded sounds are very difficult to be explained in a silent room, ¿maybe inaudible radio waves , wifi etc could explain it? I would hope so but  I really don´t know.

Depends on the room. What kind of room are you recording this in? Random room in your house, room in a more public building... recording studio or somewhere else? What is the insulation on that room, is it interior only, or does it have access to windows or doors? Most rooms are not as silent as many people think they are.

Welcome to UM :st

• Thanks 1

Hi rashore

I have recorded in different rooms in my two homes, only interior rooms. Door but no windows. I suppose some kind of environmental inaudible or loud noises are allways there.and could explain the noises, or at least I hope so.

Some of the files in his structure are not chaotic noises. In this one a kind of animal cry gets an answer in a similar voice or cry melodic structure. There where no animals at all, no window near trees with birds, at home no other persons, cannot understand this one:

2 cries in dialog

nore this other with a combination of female dialogs in an unknown idiom with associated noises or sound effects:

female voices cry and noises

In all the stuff with voices (dozens of files) I couldn´t identify any word in any know idiom

The voices are often similar from one record to another: a kind of female or cats voices dialog to describe them somehow very regular and associated to cries and object noises or sound effects, with echoes :

voices cries and sound effects

Edited by Adrian010

1 hour ago, Adrian010 said:

I would hope so but  I really don´t know.

Why hope against a paranormal explanation? It would be fun. But just being fair and honest with the facts should come first.

3 hours ago, Adrian010 said:

Hi rashore

I have recorded in different rooms in my two homes, only interior rooms. Door but no windows. I suppose some kind of environmental inaudible or loud noises are allways there.and could explain the noises, or at least I hope so.

Some of the files in his structure are not chaotic noises. In this one a kind of animal cry gets an answer in a similar voice or cry melodic structure. There where no animals at all, no window near trees with birds, at home no other persons, cannot understand this one:

2 cries in dialog

nore this other with a combination of female dialogs in an unknown idiom with associated noises or sound effects:

female voices cry and noises

In all the stuff with voices (dozens of files) I couldn´t identify any word in any know idiom

The voices are often similar from one record to another: a kind of female or cats voices dialog to describe them somehow very regular and associated to cries and object noises or sound effects, with echoes :

voices cries and sound effects

Ok, inside rooms in your private home... still a lot of opportunity for noise interference. It can be surprising how much sound can travel, even in interior rooms. Your audio altering might be showing up sounds from other parts of the house, normal air flow you might not otherwise notice, and even outside noises depending on where you live. You want best EVP of an area- put the recording equipment in a soundproof, and a second set in the room outside the soundproof... then compare. Then go from there.

• Like 1

Hi,

Really cool recordings! What kind of mic was used? The files sound like the electromagnetic signals picked up with a "Tesla spirit radio," which reacts to a wide range of electromagnetic phenomena. See this article: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmodo.com/build-the-spirit-radio-that-creeped-out-tesla-himself-5390059/amp

So maybe the hardware was picking up EM interference? Amplifying the signal like you describe might be bringing up the background interference. Coupling with noise reduction might be filtering out the regular static and stuff from the hardware, so your process is basically tuning into the EM interference. This is just a guess. I might play around with my Audacity and see if I can replicate. 

Regardless, you got some cool, eerie sounds if you're looking to make a halloween soundtrack. Hope this helps

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi 

Great thanks for your comments. I used the laptop mic only. I appreciate your infos on Tesla spirit radio, new for me. Visited also your Tesla link. Really very interesting stuff. EM interference tuning would be a possibility then.

Last weeks I worked with a new laptop and got a little different stuff, more melodic scales with very complicate spectrograms.Musical like. I put some of them as electronic compositions in youtube due to the fact that I modify with amplification, noise reduction, etc the recorded signals

Here the new recordings:

Edited by Adrian010

This is the last recorded file which remembered me radiotelescope recorded FRB noises (Fast radio Burst) radio signals:

after working with audacity noise reduction, amplifyng, etc  the file arrived to a kind of short wave radio tunning voices:

15feb02FRB segment.png

@Adrian010 I listened to the first two links you gave for PapaGeorge and I heard distant bird like sounds and maybe wind outside the room.  The second one I heard a microphone being adjusted at about the 3 minute mark.  Mainly it sounded like birds from a distance and some weird whistling from another room. If we don't have access to the room we only have your word for it that is was a silent room.  I suggest you stabilize our microphone so that you don't get extra noise from it.

Edited by Desertrat56

hello Desertrat56

I started using a laptop with no functional internal microphone, and without external microphone. Got this audio file and more similar, a kind of musical modulations after a lot of amplifying and noise reduction. 

Maybe environmental non audible radio signals smog?   Recorded with audacity software during 60secs with 38.400Hz. A broad noise activity signal was visible during the recording in the audacity screeen instead of the silent sound line signal

and the 1 min version with the whole spectrogram:

Edited by Adrian010

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the late 1960s, I would try to record music off the radio using my Sony reel to reel tape recorder. Sometimes I would capture voices which came from a nearby ham radio operator. When the ghost hunter TV shows first started, I watched a few shows and stopped watching them as I felt that they were shown for entertainment only and mostly fake. I have listened to a few EVP audios and figured that the inaudible voices were probably radio signals. If they were paranormal in nature, I would expect louder and distinct voices. I was reading about Konstantin Raudive and his EVP recordings.    " Advocates of Electronic Voice Projection (EVP) claim they can use radio equipment to communicate with the dead. But are they just hearing what they want to hear?"  https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21922834             

• Thanks 1

Konstantin Raudive           Full audio recording from the flexi disk Vinyl originally included with the book 'Breakthrough: An Amazing Experiment in Electronic Communication with the Dead'                                                                                       

On 2/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, Adrian010 said:

hello Desertrat56

I started using a laptop with no functional internal microphone, and without external microphone. Got this audio file and more similar, a kind of musical modulations after a lot of amplifying and noise reduction. 

Maybe environmental non audible radio signals smog?   Recorded with audacity software during 60secs with 38.400Hz. A broad noise activity signal was visible during the recording in the audacity screeen instead of the silent sound line signal

and the 1 min version with the whole spectrogram:

Over the years I have picked up unusual "evp" recordings althougth to be honest I'm not getting anything unusual from this.
Not trying to discredit you by saying that or anything, just not seeing anything in particular.

When I get the chance though I will give this software some attention If I can download it.

Just wondering If can answer something for me though, (if not no problem) Does this software generate sounds from anything in particular?

5 minutes ago, Kaikou said:

Over the years I have picked up unusual "evp" recordings althougth to be honest I'm not getting anything unusual from this.
Not trying to discredit you by saying that or anything, just not seeing anything in particular.

When I get the chance though I will give this software some attention If I can download it.

Just wondering If can answer something for me though, (if not no problem) Does this software generate sounds from anything in particular?

Just to add after seeing a previous post, amplifying and noise reducing will introduce artifacts into the sound.
A recording, even if it's the noise floor of the microphone will have some level of sound to it, which will then be raised by amplification. Adding noise reduction will increase those artifacts as it moves over it.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 10:45 PM, Kaikou said:

Just to add after seeing a previous post, amplifying and noise reducing will introduce artifacts into the sound.
A recording, even if it's the noise floor of the microphone will have some level of sound to it, which will then be raised by amplification. Adding noise reduction will increase those artifacts as it moves over it.

Hello and thanks for the opinion. When I record I get a sound file only with white noise, no voices at all. Only after very strong amplification and very strong noise reductions I get the sounds. Maybe pre-existing non paranormal sound artifacts like you said  could be the good answer. 

It would be interesting to explore the sound artifacts after an audacity recording with noise reduction and amplifications and compare results

All around us are a lot of electromagnetic sound signals and radio waves all them not audible. Maybe I collect something from this

Edited by Adrian010

On 3/8/2020 at 4:41 AM, jkje said:

Konstantin Raudive           Full audio recording from the flexi disk Vinyl originally included with the book 'Breakthrough: An Amazing Experiment in Electronic Communication with the Dead'                                                                                       

thank you very much!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

just recorded seems to be a kind of electronic voices complicate speech it sounds for me really non human or extraterrestrial or maybe only radio waves noise/smog?

Edited by Adrian010