Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am I just losing it?

Chi

I have been having strange things happen in my 1915 home. I’ve taken some pictures and my sister and I can clearly see the same images. Some people I show.. cannot. What do you think?

D5AC6910-179B-4C96-BD66-CB1C01D3DA12.jpeg

323B75C3-6F26-4CAF-8DC0-349D6D5834B1.jpeg

C95CFFB4-66CB-4B7E-B2E1-15FBB26BC13A.jpeg

6A903AD1-8440-4B9F-A669-4A38B510B995.jpeg

Edited by Chi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What are we looking at?  Mabye some context would help.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying! See, my husband can only see some of the faces while others can explain exactly what I see without me telling them. 
I should have mentioned previously that I have had dolls move from my stairs to my counters without anyone but myself home... things being thrown in front of my mother and myself and landing perfectly upright along with voices. Again I know some things are explainable but I’m not so sure about this! 
thanks again!

in the first picture I had asked my sister what she saw and she explained a white bearded man looking to his left

second picture are two morphed faces with perfectly shaped facia features looking to their right

third picture is an older person smiling, with an arrow shaped nose and I set hair looking to the right

and the last picture is a morph of a child holding their hands together and a smiling face in the middle

i did consider the fact that it may be pareidolia but as I mentioned before.. when asking others what they see in these pictures they explain the same image as I have seen. I make a point in not telling them the description and when they answer it matches my description. Unless we are all crazy.

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What are we looking at?  Mabye some context would help.

I think the picture are supposed to be of a ghost or ghosts. 

1 minute ago, Chi said:

I make a point in not telling them the description

Good idea actually.  I still do not see the things you've described. 

@Chi I can see one of the images you mention (the first example) but saw it only after you described it. Just the same, I have to agree with @sci-nerd as I don't for a minute believe it to be anything other than pareidolia.

Yep maybe that’s it. Only reason I entertained the idea of asking others is because some of the people I’ve talked to saw the same thing as I did without me describing. So who knows. But thanks again everyone for replying so kindly. : )

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chi said:

Yep maybe that’s it. Only reason I entertained the idea of asking others is because some of the people I’ve talked to saw the same thing as I did without me describing. 

That's how pareidolia works most of the time. Think of the face on Mars. You don't have to explain or describe it to anyone, the brain sees the same pattern(s).

• Like 3

I am having a hard time seeing much in those pictures that can't be written off as pareidolia, but maybe my screen is not doing the details justice. Why were you taking pictures of these random seeming scenes?

2 hours ago, Chi said:

I should have mentioned previously that I have had dolls move from my stairs to my counters without anyone but myself home... things being thrown in front of my mother and myself and landing perfectly upright along with voices. 

Now you've got something certainly interesting going on that adds to the likelihood the pictures are more than pareidolia.  What about these voices for example? You've seen things go flying?

Multiple people witnessed these events you are saying (you and your mother). If so, I don't think you are just 'losing it'.

Edited by papageorge1

It is not a case of "losing it", perhaps, you just are a bit paranoid, or else don't know, or are just trying to have some fun with a few suggestive but bad pictures. I think you do have pareidolia here. The last picture, given the bleed-over effect, makes me think of either heavy pixilation or else it is a fingerprint.  

Everyone thinking they see the same thing is not proof it is real. Here is a classic example of a picture of two different faces...sort of. You will see one or the other, but not, for example, a boat... unless, of course, you actually are losing it LOL

https://coolopticalillusions.com/optical_illusions_images_2/young_woman2.htm 

• Like 1

Maybe you're a little stressed out? I don't see anything. Sometimes when I shower...and I'm tired, I swear I could see faces in the marble tiles... it happens. You're not losing it. 

Hi everyone. Sorry was gone for a bit. Only reason I changed the setting around on the picture was to show it in more detail. I have the original non edited pictures if you all would rather I post

i have my children’s toys move around in explained places while they are in bed. I have had Christmas ornaments thrown in mid air in front of my mom and I a few feet away from the tree and land perfect upright. 
toys are constantly going off without anyone touching them.. not just the same toy either. Brand new toys from Christmas. 
Bathroom lights turning on and off as well. Thermostats numbers spazzing when all of these things happen ... so yeah idk.

I was grilling In my yard and heard a tapping on my window so I took a picture.. I heard a noise and saw curtains move and took a picture... I heard a tapping again and took picture.

Also when I’m home with my kids a few times I would hear a woman’s voice call out and my girls would get excited thinking it was their grandma and nobody would be there...

It is nice that you seem entertained by it and are having fun. 

For me, I do not tolerate that sort of thing, most especially anywhere near my daughter. The rare times I had issues like that was generally when I was lower than usual and I always took a bit of "weird" as my cue to get it together and back on track. It was back when I had health issues and a flare up of PTSD, and it motivated me to move on and walk the talk, again, you know? I take Spirit and the paranormal way too seriously, some say. It isn't a game for me.

I am sticking with my assessment of the pictures as pareidolia. I can relax and look and see 5 faces in a few seconds in your first picture, and none of them are actually there. I sense nothing in any of them, so I am moving on. 

Nice meeting you, though. Have fun.

• Like 1

I absolutely do not ever talk about what I am experiencing in front of my young children at ALL.  
it isn’t a game for me either and I would prefer to have never “thought” I had experienced any of this and I would have preferred my friends and family to not have experienced it in my house either. 
I am sorry if my tone is making it seem like a game to you or others but it is most definitely not to me.

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am having a hard time seeing much in those pictures that can't be written off as pareidolia,

Indeed !

I'm not a doctor, but if you are mentally and physically fit with low level stress I would say no, you are not losing it. 

I think some people are more sensitive to things like this for whatever reasons.

And nonbelievers and people who do not experience things like this, can not, do not and never will be able to relate therefore, it is natural to have skeptics and then there are those times it really isnt anything at all. 

I think I see what you may be referring to. I see what may, possibly be seven or eight. I have a photo simular to this with 17.  But I can not see anything in the other photos that you have attached, but I do not know your home like you do.

Sad but true I can not explain it and I am pretty confident that know one here or anywhere else can either. What we have learned is that there is no scientific proof either way.

When people are more sensitive to these things, it is hard not to let the mind run wild because it will only feed your fear or curiosity and it may worsen either way, and before you know it every little thing you hear or see is related when it is not and that will not help your situation.

Try debunking and recreating when things happen, this will help you rule out imaginary or actual.

And feel free to PM me if you feel the need.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your response jujo. I think a lot of things you mentioned are from a very open mind.

You are correct. I have always been a healthy, fit person with very little stress. I am happy with where I am in life as well.

i have definitely tried ruling some of the different occasions as “ possibly overthinking” such as the electrical and bumps and noises. ( I know it is an older house so these sort of things happen) what I cannot get over are the same things myself and my friends and family have witnessed. I am not scared when things happen.. just more concerned is all. I have had my house blessed by our priest and since then things have slowed down. Hoping it will stay that way. The last major occurrence was 2 weeks ago so again.. unlike what people on this forum may think I am not experiencing “ something” every single day. 

again I appreciate everyone’s comments so thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1