Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tinder Hookup Gone Wrong

jypsijemini

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The way she scream "No!" And that it happens 31 times in 46 seconds.  A reasonable person would accept that she's in fear of her life.

I doubt she was in fear of her life, 16 times she said no immediately after beating Tostee up with the metal telescope stand and choking him. She is recorded as being violent many times on the tape, I would conclude that indicates she seemed rather sure of her abilities. 

I'm surprised Tostee hasn't copped a hiding, the more he keeps popping up talking about himself on TV, the chances increase.

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

I doubt she was in fear of her life, 16 times she said no immediately after beating Tostee up with the metal telescope stand and choking him. She is recorded as being violent many times on the tape, I would conclude that indicates she seemed rather sure of her abilities. 

What sound is there that can be interpreted as being beaten up?  Tostee tells wright to drop something while taunting her that she physically incapable of doing any harm to him or defending herself.  Before, during and after this part on the conversation Wright's breathing is obstructed in someway.  Any words she can manage to utter are very much slurred.  That she is not capable of looking after her own safety nor a is a reasonable conclusion.  Any threat to Tostee's safety is fantastic.

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'm surprised Tostee hasn't copped a hiding, the more he keeps popping up talking about himself on TV, the chances increase.

I wouldn't risk being charged for him.  And, I doubt he could get a fair, or jury, trial in this country.

30 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

What sound is there that can be interpreted as being beaten up?  Tostee tells wright to drop something while taunting her that she physically incapable of doing any harm to him or defending herself.  Before, during and after this part on the conversation Wright's breathing is obstructed in someway.  Any words she can manage to utter are very much slurred.  That she is not capable of looking after her own safety nor a is a reasonable conclusion.  Any threat to Tostee's safety is fantastic.

I don't think there was a real threat to Tostee, I think he was overwhelmed by how violent she had become.

That was Tostee choking

Struggle. Tostee states, 'let go. You think that you hit me and I was going to fall down like in the movies'. More laboured breathing sounds. He states, 'let go of it. Let go. Let go.' More choking sounds.

40 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'd say GD is right. He seems well connected legally. 

I'm sure the day will come through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I don't think there was a real threat to Tostee, I think he was overwhelmed by how violent she had become.

That was Tostee choking

Struggle. Tostee states, 'let go. You think that you hit me and I was going to fall down like in the movies'. More laboured breathing sounds. He states, 'let go of it. Let go. Let go.' More choking sounds.

Reading that and listening to the recording it is not clear what Wright is holding for her to let go.  It just doesn't sound like Tostee is choking at any point.  Wright on the other hand does.  It sounds like she was well and truly restrained when the metal object drops.

I doesn't even sound like she had time to swing at him.  This is just after she is told to get up a number of times.  She's quickly restrained.  It sounds like she could possibly have been "assisted" up.

51 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Reading that and listening to the recording it is not clear what Wright is holding for her to let go.  It just doesn't sound like Tostee is choking at any point.  Wright on the other hand does.  It sounds like she was well and truly restrained when the metal object drops.

I doesn't even sound like she had time to swing at him.  This is just after she is told to get up a number of times.  She's quickly restrained.  It sounds like she could possibly have been "assisted" up.

He had injuries that coincides with his version too. I just think she made many comments in the transcript that illustrates her as one who was aggressive under the influence of alcohol. It's not just men who suffer from "short man on rum" syndrome, I've seen it, and it's ugly. I get the impression she felt capable of holding her own and was not in fear of anything, which as I have postulated, I do feel was an attribute that contributed to her death. I think they are both equally to blame. This is what happens when a volcano meets a tornado. I just don't agree that either party is to blame, rather the stupidity of two people who should never have been together. A toxic mix.

55 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

He had injuries that coincides with his version too. I just think she made many comments in the transcript that illustrates her as one who was aggressive under the influence of alcohol. It's not just men who suffer from "short man on rum" syndrome, I've seen it, and it's ugly. I get the impression she felt capable of holding her own and was not in fear of anything, which as I have postulated, I do feel was an attribute that contributed to her death. I think they are both equally to blame. This is what happens when a volcano meets a tornado. I just don't agree that either party is to blame, rather the stupidity of two people who should never have been together. A toxic mix.

Tostee's injuries...

Photos of Tostee's injuries were also tendered to court on Wednesday, from when he reported to police on the day Ms Wright died.

A forensic officer told the court she could not put a timeline on when the injuries occurred, or if they were inflicted by Ms Wright.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-12/gable-tostee-ordered-pizza-after-warriena-wright-fall-court/7925112

In the photos the injuries don't look that fresh; nor, do they look like something unexpected for a carpet layer.  There's no evidence that she was violent.

The sound on the recording doesn't really sound like she's being aggressive.  The transcript of the recording just doesn't raise that suspicion of a him forcing himself on her.  I don't know if I'd call it rape, but it's really close.

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The way she scream "No!" And that it happens 31 times in 46 seconds.  A reasonable person would accept that she's in fear of her life.

@Booth and @psyche101 seem to think that I take this all personally, and maybe I do in a way - because I know what it's like to be in fear for your life.

I know what it's like to have someone wrap their hands around your neck and squeeze so tight you start to lose consciousness. I know what it's like to have your head slammed into a wall.

I can't get the memories out of my head.

So yeah, I remember exactly what that fear felt like.

So when I listen to the audio and I hear her gasping for breath and pleading NO, NO, NO, NO 31 times in under a minute, and when I hear her begging for her life and the heartless, cold way that she is told that she can't leave because she's been "a bad girl" - then yeah, I get ****ing triggered.

Because unlike you blokes, I KNOW what abuse looks and feels like. I know what being suffocated feels like. I know exactly what it feels like to wonder if I'm taking my last goddamn breath.

That's why I believe he's responsible, even if she fell all by herself. She was terrified and trying to escape him to save her own life. HE put her in that situation. She just wanted to go home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I'd say GD is right. He seems well connected legally. 

I'm sure the day will come through.

It shows how brainless he is, you'd think he'd be very keen to maintain the lowest of low profiles, but no.  I suspect he has been paid by media.

40 minutes ago, Habitat said:

It shows how brainless he is, you'd think he'd be very keen to maintain the lowest of low profiles, but no.  I suspect he has been paid by media.

Yeah, six figures for that first interview he did with 60 Minutes.

5 minutes ago, jypsijemini said:

Yeah, six figures for that first interview he did with 60 Minutes.

Disgraceful that they would hand over cash to that grub. But I think coming on TV is going to backfire on him, one way or another.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Tostee's injuries...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-12/gable-tostee-ordered-pizza-after-warriena-wright-fall-court/7925112

In the photos the injuries don't look that fresh; nor, do they look like something unexpected for a carpet layer.  There's no evidence that she was violent.

The sound on the recording doesn't really sound like she's being aggressive.  The transcript of the recording just doesn't raise that suspicion of a him forcing himself on her.  I don't know if I'd call it rape, but it's really close.

The same pathologist concluded that Wright had not been strangled and had no injuries indicating that she had been during the evening, and as I pointed out, the tape clearly identified Tostee as the one being strangled.

Dr Little said Ms Wright had areas of reddening around her neck, but they were more likely caused by the fall rather than prior injury, such as strangulation.

She said there was no evidence of internal injuries to the neck.

The prosecution had previously alleged Tostee tried to strangle or choke Ms Wright during their fight, but the defence disputed this.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-13/gable-tostee-trial-injuries-warriena-wright-gold-coast-fall/7928954

Tostees injuries however do indicate violence as does the tape. They may be consistent with carpet laying, I don't know but the ones on his arms look fresh to me  Old injuries were noted on Wright's body where she had inflicted self harm in the past. She was clearly mentally unwell. 

As for rape, you have got to be kidding. She met him on a hook-up site, bought booze and is on tape having consensual sex that had a violent kink which is what put Tostee off to begin with. That's when he first asked her to leave. 

Edited by psyche101

1 hour ago, jypsijemini said:

@Booth and @psyche101 seem to think that I take this all personally, and maybe I do in a way - because I know what it's like to be in fear for your life.

I know what it's like to have someone wrap their hands around your neck and squeeze so tight you start to lose consciousness. I know what it's like to have your head slammed into a wall.

So when I listen to the audio and I hear her gasping for breath and pleading NO, NO, NO, NO 31 times in under a minute, and when I hear her begging for her life and the heartless, cold way that she is told that she can't leave because she's been "a bad girl" - then yeah, I get ****ing triggered.

Because unlike you blokes, I KNOW what abuse looks and feels like. I know what being suffocated feels like. I know exactly what it feels like to wonder if I'm taking my last goddamn breath.

That's why I believe he's responsible, even if she fell all by herself. She was terrified and trying to escape him to save her own life. HE put her in that situation. She just wanted to go home.

@jypsijemini

If you think women are the only ones your kidding yourself. And I know that from personal experience. Yes I know what it's like to have a drunk driving punches non stop full force. Hell, I know what it's like to get running from a car intent on running you over, having to head for trees for safety or what it's like to be hit by anything handy, a branch a bottle, whatever. Yes I know fear, size doesn't  count there. Your problem is you think men will always hit back. I'm genuinely sorry that you saw the worst side of humanity, and I hope the scumbag who hurt you pays for his evil some day, but that doesn't mean we are all like that. Some of us just take the hits, put arms over head and flee. Some of us know restraint in the worst of situations and some of us refuse to hit back regardless of the situation. Violence against men is laughed at, and that dead set pees me off to no end. It's very real. Those of us who do the right thing are laughed at or lumped with the creeps, yet we hate them just as much as you do. Like Habitat said, it's amazing other men have not beat him to within an inch of his life over and again, but that's only going to get people in jail, Tostee more vindicated cries of harrassment and Wright is still dead. Only Tostee wins there  But that's the first reaction most have. Like I say, he is a complete waste of space, and it seems a very poor human being, but not a murderer. We should be focusing on how badly this went, and making people more aware of toxic and tragic results of internet hookups rather than trying to demonise and take out grief and anger on what is really no more than another villiage idiot. There's a bigger picture than Tostee here. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The same pathologist concluded that Wright had not been strangled and had no injuries indicating that she had been during the evening, and as I pointed out, the tape clearly identified Tostee as the one being strangled.

Dr Little said Ms Wright had areas of reddening around her neck, but they were more likely caused by the fall rather than prior injury, such as strangulation.

She said there was no evidence of internal injuries to the neck.

The prosecution had previously alleged Tostee tried to strangle or choke Ms Wright during their fight, but the defence disputed this.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-13/gable-tostee-trial-injuries-warriena-wright-gold-coast-fall/7928954

Tostees injuries however do indicate violence as does the tape. They may be consistent with carpet laying, I don't know but the ones on his arms look fresh to me  Old injuries were noted on Wright's body where she had inflicted self harm in the past. She was clearly mentally unwell. 

As for rape, you have got to be kidding. She met him on a hook-up site, bought booze and is on tape having consensual sex that had a violent kink which is what put Tostee off to begin with. That's when he first asked her to leave. 

More likely caused by the fall or defence disputing Wright was strangled, doesn't mean Tostee was strangled.  It sounds like Wright's breathing is obstructed. 

Forensics can't determine the time of Tostee's.  The scab on Tostee's elbow looks dark with white edges. 

She complains some act hurts her vagina. Then quickly says she needs to defecate.  Why? An attempt of alternative penetration? 

This is when Tostee says he's had enough and says she's lucky he hasn't thrown her off the balcony, an event he referred to numerous times during the evening.

At this time he's referring to her as playing, not being violent.  Psycho, in this context seems to be an indication he's misreading signals.

Soon after he says he'll walk out of the apartment just the way she is without any of her belongings.  A threat of abject embarrassment.

This is a period of complete domination by Tostee.  He refuses her apologies. He refuses to let her leave.

Signing up to Tinder is not consent.  

14 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

I don't know if you take all this personally or not, and it frankly isn't important as it regards this conversation. You're responsible for the choices you make, just as I am. But like many others, you seem to want to excuse the choices made by women and blame the consequences on men. That's where we differ.

You don't know me at all. You can't say whether I know what abuse looks and feels like. You are making assumptions that are not only unfair, but inaccurate. 

Wright chose to overindulge in alcohol. She was told to leave, had every opportunity to leave, and she refused. She chose to stay and she chose to attack Tostee. Once he finally got fed up with her abuse and decided to put her out, only then do we hear her screaming "NO!". She placed herself in that situation. She also chose to climb over that balcony. But somehow, you still believe this is 100% HIS fault. I think that's an absurd notion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

More likely caused by the fall or defence disputing Wright was strangled, doesn't mean Tostee was strangled.  It sounds like Wright's breathing is obstructed. 

There's no evidence on Wright that she had been strangled at all. 

Forensics can't determine the time of Tostee's.  The scab on Tostee's elbow looks dark with white edges. 

Yes, he had injuries, the facts are that the only injuries accounted to Wright were from the fall. Had he been more forceful, the evidence would have been there. Plenty of violence on the tape, but Tostee is the only one with injuries claimed from that incident. Because medical examination could not determine the time the injuries were made doesn't mean they weren't inflicted by Wright. According to the recording, that is the most likely conclusion.

She complains some act hurts her vagina. Then quickly says she needs to defecate.  Why? An attempt of alternative penetration? 

This is when Tostee says he's had enough and says she's lucky he hasn't thrown her off the balcony, an event he referred to numerous times during the evening.

At this time he's referring to her as playing, not being violent.  Psycho, in this context seems to be an indication he's misreading signals.

That was after all the sex. Which was extensive and violent. Tostee clearly states he thought she was playing around and then realised she was going too far. There are many instances in the tape where she is clearly violent and he has had enough. 

Soon after he says he'll walk out of the apartment just the way she is without any of her belongings.  A threat of abject embarrassment.

If she was of sound mind, and wanted to get away she could have walked to the police eat in Cavill mall in about 5 minutes and had him charged. 

This is a period of complete domination by Tostee.  He refuses her apologies. He refuses to let her leave.

And there's a period where she refused to leave. The opportunity was afforded to her and she rejected it.

Signing up to Tinder is not consent.  

No, but she clearly consented to sex and is recorded doing so. I can't see how you see her as innocent here. Wright is obviously a violent person with little regard for her actions. That's far too common today. 

28 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There's no evidence on Wright that she had been strangled at all. 

Yes, he had injuries, the facts are that the only injuries accounted to Wright were from the fall. Had he been more forceful, the evidence would have been there. Plenty of violence on the tape, but Tostee is the only one with injuries claimed from that incident. Because medical examination could not determine the time the injuries were made doesn't mean they weren't inflicted by Wright. According to the recording, that is the most likely conclusion.

That was after all the sex. Which was extensive and violent. Tostee clearly states he thought she was playing around and then realised she was going too far. There are many instances in the tape where she is clearly violent and he has had enough. 

If she was of sound mind, and wanted to get away she could have walked to the police eat in Cavill mall in about 5 minutes and had him charged. 

And there's a period where she refused to leave. The opportunity was afforded to her and she rejected it.

No, but she clearly consented to sex and is recorded doing so. I can't see how you see her as innocent here. Wright is obviously a violent person with little regard for her actions. That's far too common today. 

I said Wright's breathing was obstructed.  That's what it sounds like on the recording.  You can't hear Tostee struggle to get his words out - not once.  He talks over the top of 'strangling sounds'.  He's a carpet layer, not a ventriloquist.

By the the time they are lying down and Tostee's threatens to humiliate her - the sound of rocks dropping had long finished.  There were numerous times where Tostee asked her not to leave, to stay the night, and attend his workplace in the morning.  Not to mention he refused to let her leave in her last moments.

No one has said she was of sound mind.  She was plied with moonshine, intoxicated and vulnerable.  Community standards dictate you try and keep those people separate from risk.

The idea that that Wright was violent only comes from the defence.  She never got the chance give her side of the story.  She was forever denied natural justice.  I'm saying the idea of rape is plausible not a charge that would likely be successful.  That its what the audio sounds like.  It IMO reveals more than the transcript.  

Restricting her from leaving for being a bad girl sounds like false imprisonment to me.  At the bail hearing the judge indicated murder would be unlikely.  You have to wonder why they proceeded.

It the end of the day I don't particularly believe Tostee.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/renter-cops-5000-bill-after-mates-stay-in-gold-coast-unit/news-story/49793e23b53b4e0c3286100cdebf8f6e

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I said Wright's breathing was obstructed.  That's what it sounds like on the recording.  You can't hear Tostee struggle to get his words out - not once.  He talks over the top of 'strangling sounds'.  He's a carpet layer, not a ventriloquist.

But as I say, the evidence speaks for itself. Whatever ones interpretation of that part of the recording, Wright only had injuries from her fall, Tostee had injuries, it was also not determined they were not from that fateful night either. We have one party whose body reflects the accepted interpretation.

By the the time they are lying down and Tostee's threatens to humiliate her - the sound of rocks dropping had long finished.  There were numerous times where Tostee asked her not to leave, to stay the night, and attend his workplace in the morning.  Not to mention he refused to let her leave in her last moments.

She had just finished a wild tantrum. She was attractive and there's the obvious reason for him wanting her to stay the night. She had also asked him to meet her family the next day. You don't do that to somebody you fear. She also told him she was proficient in Muay Thai while 

I don't believe there's any evidence that she tried to leave. She was outside when she said she wanted to leave on the balcony after beating Tostee. The last few minutes. She only stated that when he isolated himself from her. There's no indication that Tostee stopped her from leaving untill after a violent attack where he seperated them, which frankly doesn't seem strange to me at all. When a person becomes violent, the first reaction is to remove oneself, it the offender from the situation.

No one has said she was of sound mind.  She was plied with moonshine, intoxicated and vulnerable.  Community standards dictate you try and keep those people separate from risk.

I'd like to see some evidence on the alcohol volume of the moonshine. I've made it before myself, bought the ingredients at Nerang. It wasn't particularly impressive. I do feel that's a mute point that is superfluous. 

No she wasn't of sound mind.

The idea that that Wright was violent only comes from the defence. 

1.03.30am: Wright: 'Shut up or I will beat you up'.

1.14am: Wright: 'You are dead and I hate you.'

1.14am: Wright says she is going to 'go vampire on his ass'. 

Seems pretty violent to me. Tostee is recorded several times asking her to calm down. Offered her food, and when she looses it over her phone and money, he said he had plenty, clearly offering her some if in need. 

She never got the chance give her side of the story.  She was forever denied natural justice. 

The evidence was abundant. Neither side would be considered over it.

I'm saying the idea of rape is plausible not a charge that would likely be successful.  That its what the audio sounds like.  It IMO reveals more than the transcript.  

Quite clearly they had kinky sex. I don't see how that's in question. I just a can't see forced sex being part of that situation. I don't think anything indicates that at all.

Restricting her from leaving for being a bad girl sounds like false imprisonment to me. 

Offering to walk her home more than once doesn't sound like he intended to imprison her, all evidence indicates that what he did was seperate himself from a violent crazy person. 

At the bail hearing the judge indicated murder would be unlikely.  You have to wonder why they proceeded.

From day one I couldn't see murder sticking, I'm sure the judge expected manslaughter at best, if evidence could even support that. There was a death, so there had to be an investigation, but I don't think Tostee looked like a murderer at any time. Duty of care was the issue, leaving a crazy person alone in a situation where they could hurt themselves. 

That's your perogative, but I find the evidence in his favour. I've outright said more than once that I don't like what I have seen of his character, and I think he is a complete tool, but I J st don't see a murderer in that idiot. 

Have you ever witnessed a situation like that which Tostee is describing? I know I've seen it more times than I care to recall. The behaviour is common in both sexes. 

Is it your opinion that he killed her?

Edited by psyche101

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

But as I say, the evidence speaks for itself. Whatever ones interpretation of that part of the recording, Wright only had injuries from her fall, Tostee had injuries, it was also not determined they were not from that fateful night either. We have one party whose body reflects the accepted interpretation.

She had just finished a wild tantrum. She was attractive and there's the obvious reason for him wanting her to stay the night. She had also asked him to meet her family the next day. You don't do that to somebody you fear. She also told him she was proficient in Muay Thai while 

I don't believe there's any evidence that she tried to leave. She was outside when she said she wanted to leave on the balcony after beating Tostee. The last few minutes. She only stated that when he isolated himself from her. There's no indication that Tostee stopped her from leaving untill after a violent attack where he seperated them, which frankly doesn't seem strange to me at all. When a person becomes violent, the first reaction is to remove oneself, it the offender from the situation.

I'd like to see some evidence on the alcohol volume of the moonshine. I've made it before myself, bought the ingredients at Nerang. It wasn't particularly impressive. I do feel that's a mute point that is superfluous. 

No she wasn't of sound mind.

1.03.30am: Wright: 'Shut up or I will beat you up'.

1.14am: Wright: 'You are dead and I hate you.'

1.14am: Wright says she is going to 'go vampire on his ass'. 

Seems pretty violent to me. Tostee is recorded several times asking her to calm down. Offered her food, and when she looses it over her phone and money, he said he had plenty, clearly offering her some if in need. 

The evidence was abundant. Neither side would be considered over it.

Quite clearly they had kinky sex. I don't see how that's in question. I just a can't see forced sex being part of that situation. I don't think anything indicates that at all.

Offering to walk her home more than once doesn't sound like he intended to imprison her, all evidence indicates that what he did was seperate himself from a violent crazy person. 

From day one I couldn't see murder sticking, I'm sure the judge expected manslaughter at best, if evidence could even support that. There was a death, so there had to be an investigation, but I don't think Tostee looked like a murderer at any time. Duty of care was the issue, leaving a crazy person alone in a situation where they could hurt themselves. 

That's your perogative, but I find the evidence in his favour. I've outright said more than once that I don't like what I have seen of his character, and I think he is a complete tool, but I J st don't see a murderer in that idiot. 

Have you ever witnessed a situation like that which Tostee is describing? I know I've seen it more times than I care to recall. The behaviour is common in both sexes. 

Is it your opinion that he killed her?

Of course the evidence is in his favour, the bail hearing judge pretty much foresaw that. It's negligent and deprivation of liberties to lock someone with, blood alcohol level of 0.156, on a 14th floor balcony.

The moonshine was likely illegal.  I've already shown the ATO site that says so.  I doubt this fraudster has a licence.  He gives her more to drink after he says she's had too much to drink.

I don't think he murdered her. The manslaughter decision seems reasonable. But, the lack of banging on the sliding door raises some suspicion in the light of the reports of feet pointing out.

Tostee threatens violence against Wright more often than she against him. Many times he mentions her going off the balcony almost to the point of obsession. 

Forensics didn't confirm any violent injuries I've said that.  But the sounds of obstructed breathing do not come from Tostee.

Just because she had sex, doesn't mean she has to accept pain later.

And her phone. He claims to have rung it and says the battery must be flat.  Later he finds it ringing in his pocket.  This is just one of the examples of him being disongenous, if not deceptive.

This may not be over, I know there was talk a year ago of an inquest, I expect if Tostee keeps popping up on TV, it may happen.

43 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Of course the evidence is in his favour, the bail hearing judge pretty much foresaw that. It's negligent and deprivation of liberties to lock someone with, blood alcohol level of 0.156, on a 14th floor balcony.

I don't disagree with that. It was always up to a jury to decide if he was actually responsible. I feel as they were both drunk, neither can claim to have been in a state capable of making sensible decisions. They are both at fault.

The moonshine was likely illegal.  I've already shown the ATO site that says so.  I doubt this fraudster has a licence.  He gives her more to drink after he says she's had too much to drink.

I don't have a licence either when I got it about a decade or so ago, I don't think that law was in place then though. It's obtainable is what I'm saying, and that by personal experience (and those I know who put me onto it and who also gave it a go) that you are better off buying the real thing. Unless you really know what your doing and have a decent set-up, its pretty rubbish. No stronger than what the people who know what they are doing make. It works out about half price or a little less, which is alluring when planning a cocktail party, but the sugar never disolves properly because it's a quick nasty process. I don't know anyone who went back there a third time. It's not the 100 proof distilled stuff that one sees in American movies I assure you.

They both drank after both said they had too much to drink. Honestly, that's not unusual. I've done it too many times. I don't drink often, but when I do, I make a decent effort. If he was that low to use alcohol to bring her defences down (but not really required when two people go back to ones place after meeting on a meat market hookup website), I suspect he would have used other more effective methods than alcohol. People were using roofies before I was born.

I don't think he murdered her. The manslaughter decision seems reasonable. But, the lack of banging on the sliding door raises some suspicion in the light of the reports of feet pointing out.

The report conflicts with the confirmation of the police re-enacted scene. The photos tell that story as well. All that supports another version is the wording of the witness statement as interpreted by the reader. And fair play there,, I can see how it is  easily understood like that, it was my first impression too, all I can say is that the statement has to be misinterpreted. Maybe being at the location might clear that up, I don't know. Could "outward" be referring to bending of the knees perhaps? I don't know, but I do know that point is ambiguous.

If he had got manslaughter, I wouldn't have been shocked. It's a pretty fine line for sure 

Tostee threatens violence against Wright more often than she against him. Many times he mentions her going off the balcony almost to the point of obsession. 

Three times? Four including the reference to himself.

He mentions jumping of it himself. She sends him photos of them on the balcony. 

Tostee seemed quite calm until Wright went nutso in the transcript. 

I have not counted the threats, but if Tostee did win, it couldn't be by much. From what I gather, Wright initiated conflict every time.

Forensics didn't confirm any violent injuries I've said that.  But the sounds of obstructed breathing do not come from Tostee.

And there's no evidence she was violently handled. We can only speculate. It could have been part of the kinky sex they were into, I really don't know, as far as I know, nobody does. There's just no reason to suspect forced sex or violent strangulation.

Just because she had sex, doesn't mean she has to accept pain later.

No, she could have walked. She inflicted pain as well. 

1.28.07am: Wright says, 'Don't be a d**k to me.' ... Tostee says, 'I don't want to like have to muscle you'.

1.29.06am: He says, 'Just relax.' ... 'I don't like getting beaten up'.

I get the impression he had a pretty good attempt at trying to get her to calm down. She hit him, threw rocks at him, and struck him with a metal object for goodness sakes. What makes people think behaviour like that is acceptable?

And her phone. He claims to have rung it and says the battery must be flat.  Later he finds it ringing in his pocket.  This is just one of the examples of him being disongenous, if not deceptive.

She had it all along.

1.39.13am: Tostee: 'Your phone must be out of battery ... it must be out on the balcony.'

Tostee: 'Please calm down please. You have had too much to drink. I had s*** loads of money.' Wright states that she ****ing rules in New Zealand but she gets taken advantage of.

1.39am: Tostee: 'Do you even remember what you were doing to me half an hour ago? You were beating me up for no reason ... you thought it was funny or something. Why were you beating me up?'

Wright: 'I am gone. I will be out of your hair, see you later. I am going.' Then produces the phone, saying 'see you later', to which the Tostee replies: 'You are such a drama queen'.

He later found it in his pocket after the scene. It seems reasonable to assume that he must have pocketed it in the last minutes when telling her to leave empty handed. Yet she wasn't in enough fear to take that offer. She went off again.

Both to blame. I just started don't see a killer there. I just see a young fool with a sharp rude introduction to a side of others he hadn't encountered before. The result was tragic but avoidable t any time.

Like I keep saying, I don't think hanging Tostee would help anyone with anything. It would be better to see this case illustrate how badly alcohol and fast track relationships can be a dangerous mix.  Schoolies are walking balconies drinking. What's it take to get the very real and present danger there through to people? I think it's only a matter of time before it happens again. Any level of any attempt at prevention should be the paramount focus of this case IMHO.

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

This may not be over, I know there was talk a year ago of an inquest, I expect if Tostee keeps popping up on TV, it may happen.

I'd be quite surprised.

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'd be quite surprised.

They are even talking of an inquest into the Whiskey-au-go-go tragedy. That was 1973 !  I reckon if Tostee keeps trying to put himself in front of TV cameras, the chances increase.