Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump gets re-elected, then what?

and-then

Let's engage in a hypothetical.  Say Trump is re-elected in November.  What moves will the D's resort to then?  Should they continue trying to delegitimize the choice of the majority of voters in the majority of states or should they try to work for the benefit of the country as a whole?  What direction do you imagine they'll take and what good or harm would you expect from that choice?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, and then said:

Let's engage in a hypothetical.  Say Trump is re-elected in November.  What moves will the D's resort to then?  Should they continue trying to delegitimize the choice of the majority of voters in the majority of states or should they try to work for the benefit of the country as a whole?  What direction do you imagine they'll take and what good or harm would you expect from that choice?

that is definitely not happening, they don't care about the country unless they are in power, they are willing to burn it down if someone else is in charge.  i think the best thing they can do, is to continue circus and be too busy from ruining it like they did during obama, that alone is a great achievement by trump. 

i really hope trump will get all R investigate all D in next term, so they both are too busy fighting each other and not screwing the country, trump alone seem to be doing a good job running it, if anything he proved we really do not need them.  they are waste of money,  we'd be better off without them. we need complete political overhaul.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

that is definitely not happening, they don't care about the country unless they are in power, they are willing to burn it down if someone else is in charge.  i think the best thing they can do, is to continue circus and be too busy from ruining it like they did during obama, that alone is a great achievement by trump. 

i really hope trump will get all R investigate all D in next term, so they both are too busy fighting each other and not screwing the country, trump alone seem to be doing a good job running it, if anything he proved we really do not need them.  they are waste of money,  we'd be better off without them. we need complete political overhaul.

So, a king then? 

That didn't take long. 

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Setton said:

So, a king then? 

That didn't take long. 

well you have a queen, so what is wrong with our king? at least our king isn;'t just an expensive outdated furniture. our actually works.

in any case answer the damn question op asked, never mind what i think. you'll never understand it anyway

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 3

I think this is a good question. After all, the Democrats have tried just about EVERYTHING to stymie this president, and most of it has backfired badly on them. We had Russia, Ukraine, the Kavanagh confirmation, multiple "kiss and tell" scandals... and gawd knows what else. In its public image, the Democrats have become the "Anti-Trump Party", with no discernible policies beyond this. They have lost their identity, along with - some would say - their minds. 

I think a more interesting question is.... if Trump gets his second term, then who will the Republicans field as presidential candidate in 2024 ? I mean... whoever it is, they will surely be a bit of an anti-climax in comparison ? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

everyone laughs!! :rofl:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

well you have a queen, so what is wrong with our king? at least our king isn;'t just an expensive outdated furniture. our actually works.

in any case answer the damn question op asked, never mind what i think. you'll never understand it anyway

I'm not sure you quite get the point there. The point that people are, or have been so far, wiling to continue with a monarchy is precisely because they have no power, so therefore can't do any harm. That's very much not the case should a sitting President decide that they really ought to continue in office for ever, isn't it.

Anyway, surely obviously Setton's remark was jocular.

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1

I think it will depend on if they lose seats or gain them as to how they will go on. I am more concerned with the incivility they have stirred up through 4 years of partisanship. Country seems like LA on the eve before the King verdict or something like.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I'm not sure you quite get the point there. The point that people are, or have been so far, wiling to continue with a monarchy is precisely because they have no power, so therefore can't do any harm. That's very much not the case should a sitting President decide that they really ought to continue in office for ever, isn't it.  

He was joking. Trump is not gonna be a King. 

The R's have a few potential candidates, which look good compared to the present D field, but, that is not saying a lot. IDK who would get the nod right now. Huckabee is not a bad option but I doubt he would run again. Cruz would gladly run, but, yeesh.... *sighs*

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

He was joking. Trump is not gonna be a King. 

The R's have a few potential candidates, which look good compared to the present D field, but, that is not saying a lot. IDK who would get the nod right now. Huckabee is not a bad option but I doubt he would run again. Cruz would gladly run, but, yeesh.... *sighs*

I like Pompeo. He has integrity, character and morals. I think he'd make an excellent president. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, bee said:

I expect you wish you had the power to put them all into Gulags, don't you...

Perhaps make them dig a canal (without machinery) from east to west ...

And guillotine some rich people (the ones who you don't agree with politically)

:whistle:

Maybe not gulags, but I can see millennials taking grandpa to a nursing home.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, aztek said:

well you have a queen, so what is wrong with our king?

Nothing at all if that's what you want. I just thought Republicans were keen on the US being, you know, a Republic. 

in any case answer the damn question op asked, 

You can't tell me what to do, you're not the king. 

never mind what i think. you'll never understand it anyway

I do not dispute that. For oh so many reasons. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Anyway, surely obviously Setton's remark was jocular

You would think that was obvious, wouldn't you? 

Maybe I should get a sign made up just for aztek... 

• Like 2

It all depends on trump. How can we predict now what idiocy and corrupt schemes he will cook up if he gets another 4 years?(which I assume he will) Once the "trial" is over and the repubs finish wiping their lips and standing up then he will know he can actually do whatever he wants without fear of repercussion. So, I imagine we will see more of the same but more blatant.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Setton said:

So, a king then? 

That didn't take long. 

...but how long you figure it will last, this reign of his most royal majesty of unquestionable highness, King Trump the First of imperious Americana

~

• Like 1

Well, one things for sure. The Democratic Party will split. 

The shrieking radical far-left elements will demand another impeachment, or civil protest (e.g. street violence). They will go absolutely apoplectic. 

The moderate mainstream of the party will see this, and react against it. They will blame the radicals - and the leadership - for the failure to block President Trump. 

I will predict a bloodbath of the DNC leadership. Whilst this is happening, the DNC may also go bankrupt as rank-and-file members withhold dues. The party will ultimately survive, but it will have a very rough couple-or-three years, and will look VERY different when it re-emerges from The Pit.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What you guys south of us Canucks most likely will face will be Sanders, Warren or Biden as the democratic  nominee. Now with that most likely the case what hypothetical out come could you guys expect except another Trump victory. I know here in Canada our version of the dem party is a screw up like none other called Justin Turdoo. We most deffinetly will be voting conservative.  As the libs aka dems have screwed things up so bad up here we hope you down south don't follow suit. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, one things for sure. The Democratic Party will split. 

The shrieking radical far-left elements will demand another impeachment, or civil protest (e.g. street violence). They will go absolutely apoplectic. 

The moderate mainstream of the party will see this, and react against it. They will blame the radicals - and the leadership - for the failure to block President Trump. 

I will predict a bloodbath of the DNC leadership. Whilst this is happening, the DNC may also go bankrupt as rank-and-file members withhold dues. The party will ultimately survive, but it will have a very rough couple-or-three years, and will look VERY different when it re-emerges from The Pit.  

Agreed !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Anyway, surely obviously Setton's remark was jocular.

that is why i said our actually works,  and entire bunch of senators, house representative do not. not for us at least,   so what is the harm of letting him do the job? especially since he is doing it pretty well??? you may adore your powerless queen, but i like what our sitting president is doing, and i especially like how he disrupts corrupt power.  just for that alone he gets the title of best us prez in last 70 years.  

i know in his mind it was a joke, but the guy isn't here to talk topic but looking for confrontation.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Who knew the creator of Beavis and Butthead would turn out to be a prophet.

Beavis and Butthead are verboten....shhhh:ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

See, what you have to understand is that the Russian Collusion was pretty shallow...the real collusion goes much, much deeper than Russia...all the way to...  C  h  i  n  a     

So I expect to see... Collusion II ...except the Chinese Version... The Dem Media will call it Chi-llusion.  That will occupy the rest of Trumps tenure.  Meanwhile...his agenda will still become reality in the hearts and minds of millions and millions and millions of Americans...a reality they will like very much.

They will also act like they own the house...which of course, they won't...because even the voting Dems see what a charade this all is.

Basically all impeachment at this point is ....  is Entertainment for the rest of the world.  Another reality TV show starring Donald Trump.  And at the end of this one...he can tell Pelosi... (you know he will too)  You're Fired!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Setton said:

You would think that was obvious, wouldn't you? Maybe I should get a sign made up just for aztek... 

I've created one for you :) 

joke.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

maybe if  his jokes were funny i'b recognise them as jokes, or it is a very delicate british humor?  idk, i liked mr bean, but could not watch black adder for more than few episode.  yes please make a sign for him, cuz his jokes are not registering as jokes

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Setton said:

So, a king then? 

They asked George Washington to be King.  He said, No...only through our Constitution can we ever have a President like Donald Trump...a man of the people, by the people, and for the people.

So they asked Trump if he would be King.  He said, Are you kidding me?  Do you have any idea how much money I am losing by being President.  Thanks, but no...8 years is plenty to get the nation set back on its original course!   I would make a very good King though.  I'd be the best King that ever ruled...I don't think the Democrats would really like that though.  But no, all I need is four more years, four more years, four more years, four more years...

EDITED for clarity:

joke.gif

Edited by joc
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

The way it looks to me, it goes like this. Everyone needs to relax, both Party is using Trump, it's the old good cop bad cop show to the world out side of politics. If Trump is reelected, the show goes on, if not, Trump gets a pat on the head as a thank you and be fed to the wolves.

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1