Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus Is Identified in the U.S.

Great Old Man

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/21/health/cdc-coronavirus.html

Even U.S isn't safe.

I heard the news that Sick Chinese don't believe their medical system, so they try to go outside of their country

and visit R.O.K or Japan or even USA and Canada to get medical care.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

Even U.S isn't safe.

I heard the news that Sick Chinese don't believe their medical system, so they try to go outside of their country

Our case is a US is a resident.  Pretty sure China is quarantining the infected.  The symptoms are more or less like the flu so I can see people not immediately going to a doctor and spreading it around.  I imagine it would be particularly bad here in the US because of our high cost of visiting the doctor (high deductibles, etc.), lack of insurance among the poor, and distrustful population groups.

I've always viewed basic healthcare as a line of defense for protecting our populace- similar to the military.  It might take a lethal outbreak of something like this before the rest of America adopts that attitude, however.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

Jesu Sofu!!! Is the Hanguk news service run by Fox News or The Epoch Times???  :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Piney said:

Jesu Sofu!!! Is the Hanguk news service run by Fox News or The Epoch Times???  :wacko:

Gave up on Hangul news long time ago, I know next to nothing about anything except hot K-pop girls and their Comedy Central network... 

~

• Thanks 1

Just now, third_eye said:

Gave up on Hangul news long time ago, I know next to nothing about anything except hot K-pop girls and their Comedy Central network... 

I'm straight up NHK. That's when I even watch the news. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm straight up NHK. That's when I even watch the news. 

I get mine from all sources, the problem is facts are spread out so thin nowadays because of the speed of how internet information moves, I have to readjust the time frames to get the bigger picture if it's part of the bigger picture... 

It's no secret that "breaking" news nowadays is nothing more than speculative opinion fill gaps till the truth come around, if it fits the narrative it is stretched further, if not, most likely it will be folded and whatever left that fits will be stretched instead. 

Come to think of it, news doesn't really exists anymore, does it? 

~

• Thanks 3

Just now, third_eye said:

I get mine from all sources, the problem is facts are spread out so thin nowadays because of the speed of how internet information moves, I have to readjust the time frames to get the bigger picture if it's part of the bigger picture... 

That's pretty much what I do with news on Washington D.C. and the U.S. Government. 

But I have no desire to really know anymore.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Our case is a US is a resident.  Pretty sure China is quarantining the infected.  The symptoms are more or less like the flu so I can see people not immediately going to a doctor and spreading it around.  I imagine it would be particularly bad here in the US because of our high cost of visiting the doctor (high deductibles, etc.), lack of insurance among the poor, and distrustful population groups.

I've always viewed basic healthcare as a line of defense for protecting our populace- similar to the military.  It might take a lethal outbreak of something like this before the rest of America adopts that attitude, however.

well you imagine it wrong,  how do hundreds of thousands of illegals give birth, and not pay a penny? how do homeless get treated at a hospital and not pay a penny??   how come high deductibles,   and cost of visit does not stop them?????   oh i know, cuz poor get it anyway. free.  so your argument holds no water. no one denied treatment in a hospital.  they may get tons of bills, but they will be treated., even if they don't pay bills, that is why my insurance is so high, cuz i have to pay for those that do not.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

well you imagine it wrong,  how do hundreds of thousands of illegals give birth, and not pay a penny? how do homeless get treated at a hospital and not pay a penny??   how come high deductibles,   and cost of visit does not stop them?????   oh i know, cuz poor get it anyway. free.  so your argument holds no water. no one denied treatment in a hospital.  they may get tons of bills, but they will be treated., even if they don't pay bills, that is why my insurance is so high, cuz i have to pay for those that do not.

I personally know people that forgo doctor's visits because they don't want to pay the deductible so one of us is wrong.  (Hint: It's you)

44% of Americans said the same thing:https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceJapaneseen/2018/03/26/poll-44-of-americans-skip-doctor-visits-due-to-cost/#19e2dab76f57

So it's not just an one-off event.

I beginning to think that you don't live in the same world as normal Americans.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I personally know people that forgo doctor's visits because they don't want to pay the deductible so one of us is wrong. 

yea and i know alcoholics who don't want to get to a rehab,  your argument is no different,   fact is hospitals do not refuse service, even if you are poor and  have no ins whatsoever. next thing you'll say you know people who are hungry cuz they do not want to buy food,     no one is entitled for free healthcare, we do have programs that pay for some, but  Hc is someone else's labour, no  one is entitled to someone else's labour, we used to have that it was called a slavery,

just because someone you know doesn't want to pay for services, they need, does not prove anything other then they do not want to pay for services,   

and i do agree with 44% medical expenses ARE expensive, but so are babysitters, daycare, car insurance in nyc, and myriads of other things that we HAVE TO pay.  

those who have plans end up paying even more, i had a 3rd kid in august, my out of pocket cost for hospital stay, doctors that delivered a baby, pediatric  doctors , anesthesiologist.  ... i paid about 5k for that alone, my insurance paid out about 70k,  and i'm still getting bills, from the hospital.  tell me again how expensive HC is. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I beginning to think that you don't live in the same world as normal Americans.

no, i live in a world that i build for myself,  what world do normal americans live? better question what world did they build for themselves?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Well article I read about the coronavirus says only a few airports  wiil accept passengers from there and will screen them , but - " the screenings might not catch everyone infected , because the incubation period can take a week and those might not show symptoms. Is it just me or is that something wrong with that whole process?

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, razman said:

Well article I read about the coronavirus says only a few airports  wiil accept passengers from there and will screen them , but - " the screenings might not catch everyone infected , because the incubation period can take a week and those might not show symptoms. Is it just me or is that something wrong with that whole process?

the way you described it, it sure sounds inadequate. 

• Like 1

I suspected SFO or San Jose would have had cases by now.  Huge numbers of Indian and Chinese dudes flying back and forth though the three silicon valley airports (discounting Moffet and Onizuka).  Some working in tech in US and visiting family in Asia.  Some with work related stuff.  Surprised it was Washington state first but probably Seattle.    

• Like 3

A woman is in Hackensack University Medical Center New Jersey being evaluated for symptoms similar to Coronavirus. So far, only one case has been confirmed in the US.

https://www.fox29.com/news/woman-hospitalized-in-new-jersey-with-coronavirus-symptoms?fbclid=IwAR26ak0AbXDyNQozjzi5tRl7QyqI2jq5HTR7vBZeIg0giAiQWKdRFCHx32E

EDIT: This article should be updated. The State Department of Health working with the Medical Center have determined the woman does not have the virus.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

This is scary.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7922379/Chinas-lab-studying-SARS-Ebola-Wuhan-outbreaks-center.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR2NUXGikftwDAg2DjcKuIoAVFUnyQka3Rq3k2Qc_dYUobgmrXXFP-jbaYc

Scientists warned in 2017 that a SARS-like virus could escape a lab set up that year in Wuhan, China, to study some of the most dangerous pathogens in the world. 

Now, a SARS-like coronavirus has infected more than 800 there, spread to at least 10 other countries and killed 25 in Wuhan and nearby provinces. 

China installed the first of a planned five to seven biolabs designed for maximum safety in Wuhan in 2017, for the purpose of studying the most high-risk pathogens, including the Ebola and the SARS viruses. 

Tim Trevan, a Maryland biosafety consultant, told Nature that year, when the lab was on the cusp of opening, that he worried that China's culture could make the institute unsafe because 'structures where everyone feels free to speak up and openness of information are important.'  

• Sad 2

I watch the China news real time, the city of wuhan became just like Racoon city, hard to control.

Y

• Like 3

18 hours ago, travelnjones said:

I suspected SFO or San Jose would have had cases by now.  Huge numbers of Indian and Chinese dudes flying back and forth though the three silicon valley airports (discounting Moffet and Onizuka).  Some working in tech in US and visiting family in Asia.  Some with work related stuff.  Surprised it was Washington state first but probably Seattle.    

Wuhan is more of an industrial city..SF has the highest per Capita Chinese American population. Most are from Guangdong province and HK.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked