Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus Is Identified in the U.S.

Great Old Man

40 minutes ago, Michelle said:

My city's largest public hospital canceled all elective surgeries in anticipation of an influx of patients with Covid-19. I live in a very large county and as of today we've had 40 cases. They cut back on hospital staff today.

According to a very trustworthy gentleman, who was involved in the first Corona virus case in London and works in the Hospital system there. General practice visits dropped off significantly before the influx. Your hospital is probably just resting up staff, if it isn’t be greatful

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rashore said:

This Elmhurst Hospital?

Coronavirus in NY: Overcrowding, shortages mount at hard-hit Elmhurst Hospital: https://nypost.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-in-ny-overcrowding-shortages-mount-at-hard-hit-elmhurst-hospital/

This NYC hospital is so crowded a coughing man gave up and went home: https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/this-nyc-hospital-is-so-crowded-a-coughing-man-gave-up-and-went-home/

FEMA sending refrigerated trucks to New York City for COVID-19 bodies: https://nypost.com/2020/03/30/fema-sending-refrigerated-trucks-to-new-york-city-for-covid-19-bodies/

‘People Are Dying’: 72 Hours Inside a N.Y.C. Hospital Battling Coronavirus: https://www.nytimes.com/video/nyregion/100000007052136/coronavirus-elmhurst-hospital-queens.html

Coronavirus News: President Trump shaken by scenes from NYC's Elmhurst Hospital: https://abc7ny.com/coronavirus-nyc-new-york-city-elmhurst-hospital-queens/6061403/

White House asking hospitals to email them data on coronavirus patients: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-hospitals-email-data-coronavirus-patients/story?id=69876684

Trump's path to extending coronavirus guidelines was led by health experts and the scenes at one New York hospital: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/politics/trump-health-experts-extend-coronavirus-guidelines/index.html

giphy-downsized-large.gif?w=597&h=336

I can smell the burn.:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

According to a very trustworthy gentleman, who was involved in the first Corona virus case in London and works in the Hospital system there. General practice visits dropped off significantly before the influx. Your hospital is probably just resting up staff, if it isn’t be greatful

The county has under 400,000 people and they have been very conscientious in following protocol from what I've seen.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kismit said:

My research is this. I live not in America, I and the rest of NZ are on full lock down.

My son's GF is a nurse at a hospital situated less than one mile from the reputed first major "outbreak" in the US.

She says all hospital staff was made to wear full hazmat suits to work.

Then word got around this hospital has, in fact, NOT A SINGLE case of COVID-19.  The staff is not happy as they feel they are being lied to.

Hospitals might be empty, but it's about being ready.

You only need to look at the scenes in New York to see how quicky this virus spreads and impacts areas that aren't prepared.

If you're lucky, the control measures will spare most states the same impact.

This is the latest map, showing the distribution of cases across the US (JHU):

US-Map-COVID-19.png

I'd say it's clear to see the virus operates as expected with any kind of contagion, it grows fastest in the dense population centres, less quickly in the smaller ones, and dwindles the more remote you get.

Bear in mind though, this all started with a dodgy snack in China, it spreads FAST when unchecked.

• Like 4

Just now, hacktorp said:

My son's GF is a nurse at a hospital situated less than one mile from the reputed first major "outbreak" in the US.

Then word got around this hospital has, in fact, NOT A SINGLE case of COVID-19.  The staff is not happy as they feel they are being lied to.

You don’t think that putting the lives of everyone in the world. (Which exists outside of America) on hold, people being seperated from their loved ones as they die, children in hospital sick and not knowing why their Mum’s and Dad’s are not with them. Many many many people facing bankruptcy and unemployment, again in every developed country Outside of America is a conspiracy to get either Donald Trump elected or to tarnish his reputation. 

You need to expand your world view hactorp. The world is not America

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

You don’t think that putting the lives of everyone in the world. (Which exists outside of America) on hold, people being seperated from their loved ones as they die, children in hospital sick and not knowing why their Mum’s and Dad’s are not with them. Many many many people facing bankruptcy and unemployment, again in every developed country Outside of America is a conspiracy to get either Donald Trump elected or to tarnish his reputation. 

Read much, Kismit?

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Is it simply another hoax to bring down Trump?  I really don't think so

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Read much, Kismit?

As the statement that I made which you quoted claims both sides of that conspiracy aisle I don’t think you should be questioning my comprehension.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Lied to?

I work for an NHS trust in the UK, which covers two hospitals in London. The number of dead in our trust has reached 35.

In the UK our medical staff are trained well enough to understand why they need to wear protective gear BEFORE they catch Covid-19 from an undiagnosed patient.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Wow.  That's three different moderators jumping in to defend an 'official' narrative.

Talk about an "all hands on deck" emergency.

Seems I've kicked a bee-hive, of sorts.

• Like 1

Just now, hacktorp said:

Wow.  That's three different moderators jumping in to defend an 'official' narrative.

Can you provide better supporting links? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hacktorp said:

Yes you have, your conspiracy theories are dangerous at this juncture in time.  And it would be complacent to allow you to freely express it without being forced to think about wether or not your Twitter photos are better evidence than say actual evidence 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Yes you have, your conspiracy theories are dangerous at this juncture in time.  And it would be complacent to allow you to freely express it without being forced to think about wether or not your Twitter photos are better evidence than say actual evidence 

We live in dangerous times, Kismit.  Pandemics can indeed be dangerous...but so can unwarranted fear and panic; perhaps more so.

You should be mostly interested in finding truth amid lies and propaganda.  Much about this "pandemic" doesn't add up.  More will be known about it soon.

In the meantime:

12 Experts Question The COVID-19 Panic

We are afraid that 1 million infections with the new virus will lead to 30 deaths per day over the next 100 days. But we do not realise that 20, 30, 40 or 100 patients positive for normal coronaviruses are already dying every day.

[The government’s anti-COVID19 measures] are grotesque, absurd and very dangerous […] The life expectancy of millions is being shortened. The horrifying impact on the world economy threatens the existence of countless people. The consequences on medical care are profound. Already services to patients in need are reduced, operations cancelled, practices empty, hospital personnel dwindling. All this will impact profoundly on our whole society.

All these measures are leading to self-destruction and collective suicide based on nothing but a spook.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/12-experts-question-covid-19-panic

You're pretty much my favorite moderator, so I won't further bust your chops.

Be safe...and well.

there is definitely a bug going around, not your regular flu, my both parents got it,  both in their 70s,  mother has tons of medical issues,  a fib,  removed gallbladder, and some other organs, father is relatively healthy, only started taking bp meds at 70.  mother had fever for a week,  some cough, father has pneumonia,  has fever for over 10 days,  both went to urgent care, several days ago,  did xrays of chest.  they did the c19 test but results will be in a week, doc in UC said it is everywhere, i expect them to recover in a week or so, neither has any breathing issues, and hopefully wont develop it,  i actually was worried about mother more, but it is father that has it worse, 

my friend is a nurse at brooklyn hospital, he said unless you can't breathe, do not go to a hospital, if you didn't have the bug you'll get it there, they are short on supplies, i actually got him face shields,  i went around all our locations, and picked spare shields that we had around, my bosses approved, even got me a half a dozen of new ones,  their hospital is full, they have put up huge tent on their parking over the weekend,   it is definitely happening,  several people i know lost loved ones,  they were not healthy to begin with, but it is the bug that got them, just aggravated their conditions.  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Oklahoma used to be one of these.  It was strongly Democratic until its largest newspaper (The Daily Oklahoman) was bought by conservatives and promptly change its editorial stance from liberal to conservative.  Most of the state changed with it.

Just shows the power of the press and why we don't want monopoly news outlets.

Doug

Agree. Too one sided (news or otherwise) seems to hurt more then help, when either side governs.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

At this point I feel like it's just a waiting game. Not if you get it, but when you get it. 

I think that's going to be generally true. People who dont get it in 2020, are like people who never got a measles shot... it's just a matter of time.

3 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Many sources posting (with photos) on IG and Twitter.  Don't take my word for it...if you can do your own searches, that is.

Might want to stay away from MSM though...they have already been called out today for posting false photos of supposedly US trauma rooms that actually came from foreign countries.

That's the problem with Twitter/Facebook/Meme photos. Its hard to prove their context, or even just the date taken.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Myles said:

There are always exceptions.  But even though New Mexico had voted democrat since the voted for George Busch, if you look at the county maps, it is mostly the bigger cities that vote blue.

That, and the proximity to California (immigrants from there) and the illegals flooding in from the south.  Georgia has always been a Conservative bastion but the city of Atlanta may change that at some point.  If Texas or Florida flip Blue reliably then America will begin to resemble Cali.  That's about when the civil unrest will cause the nation to fall.  A good number of people will simply rebel at that kind of control.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, F3SS said:

ItFB_IMG_1585597168231.jpg.acec314ea3d01f4db5b2ec3cf57147ff.jpg

The #USNSComfort and #USNSMercy have been deployed in support of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) #COVID19 response. The service members aboard these ships, including some from our own Belvoir Family, will treat non-COVID-19 patients, allowing local health professionals to further focus on treating COVID-19 patients. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

That's the problem with Twitter/Facebook/Meme photos. Its hard to prove their context, or even just the date taken.

As opposed to, say, a CBS report, where proving (false) context is...easy?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked