Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus Is Identified in the U.S.

Great Old Man

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

Look at the numbers not at the pictures 

Well the numbers come from the same people locking down whole cities. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well the numbers come from the same people locking down whole cities. 

Cant argue that.

9 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

In the US people aren't so tightly packed into small rooms. 

True, and we also don't eat bats, rats, and other vermin butchered in crowded open air markets.  Like with most contagious diseases, good hygiene is the first line of defense.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I don't know man, leaked video's from China show something much more serious is going on then something less dangerous than the flu.

If those videos are of the current situation then they are quite frightening.  They look like a government in panic, grabbing citizens off the streets forcibly and loading them into metal boxes on truck beds.  I saw one where apartment doors were being welded shut.  The only reason I'm not more concerned at this point is that it isn't exploding in other countries yet.  If the R naught was a bad as they've guessed, we'd be seeing major outbreaks outside of China.  The idea that some have asserted is the worst of all.  They've said it can take 24 days to incubate and that people carrying the virus begin shedding it LONG before they begin to exhibit symptoms.  

• Like 2

Welp a Japanese man just tested positive after a two week vacation in Hawaii.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

If those videos are of the current situation then they are quite frightening.  They look like a government in panic, grabbing citizens off the streets forcibly and loading them into metal boxes on truck beds.  I saw one where apartment doors were being welded shut.  The only reason I'm not more concerned at this point is that it isn't exploding in other countries yet.  If the R naught was a bad as they've guessed, we'd be seeing major outbreaks outside of China.  The idea that some have asserted is the worst of all.  They've said it can take 24 days to incubate and that people carrying the virus begin shedding it LONG before they begin to exhibit symptoms.  

Those are some scary thoughts, hope you have a strong immune system because it's only a matter of time, weeks, months, or a year before it's spread every where. To date it's still only killing those who are already ill, or that have respiratory issues, so I suspect it's a good time to be taking anything that increase the strength of our immune systems. But who knows it still could mutate and become much less serious, we can only hope. The people I feel sorry for are the ones who have time to prepare and are doing nothing except trusting their Governments, they are the true idiots.

Peace, hope your well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KingTomis said:

Welp a Japanese man just tested positive after a two week vacation in Hawaii.

Do you have a link for that?

Peace

2 hours ago, Big Jim said:

True, and we also don't eat bats, rats, and other vermin butchered in crowded open air markets.  Like with most contagious diseases, good hygiene is the first line of defense.

Good nutrition, more space between people, warmer, dryer weather in the southwest, use of hydrogen peroxide for disinfection, a later start in the epidemic and learning from their experience don't hurt, either.

Doug

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

US to evacuate citizens from Diamond Princess

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51514102

Yay.  About damn time.  Clearly the ventilation system onboard the Diamond Princess is spreading the virus.  They should have acted days ago.

Incidentally, the present figures show that the death rate is 6.3% of those infected or about 1 in 16.  The question around the water cooler is whether this is China's Chernobyl moment.  It might also be worth pointing out that the disease is likely to be due to the consumption of bush meat (like bat or the snakes that eat bats) by rich chinese who want exotic meals.

Edited by Alchopwn

14 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Well said ..... The Chinese have put the entire world at grave risk with their archaic dietary habits, and cruel attitudes towards endangered species.

Perhaps the Earth strikes back .... ?

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingTomis said:

this is when things will start getting scary.. once you start having cases of people testing positive without having been to china then its all down hill from there..  I just came back from 2 weeks in Darwin.. that is where the 2 flights from china were flown to with the australians being evaced out of china.. the choice to send them to Christmas Island made a few people in the NT a bit concerned.. I flew back home on valentines day and the no of people wearing masks that were not asian was rather high. 

• Like 1

The US is evacuating 380 Americans who have been quarantined on the cruise ship Diamond Princess tomorrow (Sunday). They will be tested before boarding the flights then taken to Air Force bases in California and Texas. They will then undergo a further 2 weeks of quarantine before being allowed to go home.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/02/15/coronavirus-us-evacuate-400-americans-quarantined-cruise-ship-diamond-princess/4764078002/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

The US is evacuating 380 Americans who have been quarantined on the cruise ship Diamond Princess tomorrow (Sunday). They will be taken to Air Force bases in California and Texas. They will then undergo a further 2 weeks of quarantine before being allowed to go home.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/02/15/coronavirus-us-evacuate-400-americans-quarantined-cruise-ship-diamond-princess/4764078002/

I saw one of those Americans on Fox News spouting off about how dreadful it was that he should have to go through another two week quarantine after being on that incubus ship.

Leave it to Faux News to help decide when the government is overreaching in terms of our health. On the other hand if they want to empty the whole ship off in Palm Beach, and then seal that off including Mar-a-Lago, I would have no objections.

7 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

I saw one of those Americans on Fox News spouting off about how dreadful it was that he should have to go through another two week quarantine after being on that incubus ship.

Leave it to Faux News to help decide when the government is overreaching in terms of our health. On the other hand if they want to empty the whole ship off in Palm Beach, and then seal that off including Mar-a-Lago, I would have no objections.

I don't suffer from TDS that badly, so I don't have that issue. If they test positive before boarding the planes, they will go to a facility in Japan for treatment. It must feel awful to be in quarantine for as long as those people have been, especially on that ship where their cabins are the only place they can be. That had to be extremely difficult. But they must go through isolation again for the 14 days to be sure they do not bring the virus into the US. 

• Like 3

I really hope this thread goes away.   That would mean the virus is successfully defeated for the most part.

image.png.99ebfa637678b47aa2326d8d034e26f2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I really hope this thread goes away.   That would mean the virus is successfully defeated for the most part.

image.png.99ebfa637678b47aa2326d8d034e26f2.png

The virus could simply evolve into a harmless entity, but the Earth has not suggested this will be a win for U.S. The biggest losses are likely weeks away.

The Chinese aren’t the only government who will be caught clearly lying to their people.

There are plenty of videos where it can be seen Chinese people deliberately spreading the virus in their own cities. Chinese will make sure that it spreads to other nations so that they don't get an economical advantage. 

• Like 1

Terrible situation but in all of this, it's good for the Chinese wild animal population, a few months ban on consumption on wild meat would let them recover from the daily onslaught. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SEOUL — The leader of a South Korean religious sect identified as a hotbed of the coronavirus called the outbreak “a devil’s deed” on Friday. - Washington Post 2-21-2020

More than two-thirds of the country’s 204 coronavirus cases are traced to a local branch of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony.

Shincheonji followers are taught to believe that Lee, the founder, is the second coming or the returned Jesus Christ.[7] Shincheonji claims that the Bible is written in metaphors and only its founder Lee could interpret and understand.[8] Before founding his own religious movement, Lee was a member of the group known as Olive Tree.[9] 

Source

Clearly, an example of the “False Church” that I warned about on December 26, 2019, here.

Could this be the “spark” the World Health Organization warned would set the entire world ablaze.

Heads up to the good cryptographers at the NSA, who are paying attention.

The Destroying Angel isn’t a “devil” or a “demon,” and to even suggest this is an unforgivable sin.

South Korea is an integral trading partner with the United States, correct?

Again, my suggestion is the same as It was over a month ago, to immediately ban all international flights, in and out of United States airspace. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked