Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus Is Identified in the U.S.

Great Old Man

i;m sure that is less than half of actual cases, we are not testing much, only those that have symptoms strong enough to require help, and rich and famous. hundreds of thousands walking infected and do not know about it, and some never will, 

• Like 3

I wonder how many doses of cyanide Trump has ordered for everyone?  

49702944947_e5fbb7e2a0_o.jpg

Source

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"The coronavirus has killed 385 New Yorkers, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday — with a startling leap of 100 fatalities in the span of just 24 hours.

"That staggering toll represents a triple-digit hike from the 285 cases Cuomo reported on Wednesday, among 37,258 confirmed cases now tallied statewide."

NY Post: Link

"Coronavirus has now killed more than 1,000 people in the US. But health officials say the peak is yet to come."

CNN: Link

I don't have a lot of use for CNN but I do get New York news. Gov Cuomo has said he doesn't expect this to really peak until the end of April. Here's the latest map of US coronavirus cases in the US. I'm in that huge red circle in the northeast (thanks New York) but my state is down on the list with about 1800 cases.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2020/mar/26/coronavirus-map-of-the-us-latest-cases-state-by-state

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Allegorical or not, advance notices were given here. 

Just remember... "pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall".  You work overtime trying to convince people of YOUR "special abilities".  I don't recall that behavior in Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah, John... you get my drift?

7 hours ago, and then said:

Just remember... "pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall".  You work overtime trying to convince people of YOUR "special abilities".  I don't recall that behavior in Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah, John... you get my drift?

I think you need to focus more on your Dear Leader’s problems.

His “drift” has arrived ....

My future is simply sackcloth and ashes. 

Trump is a white poison, which lingers for a lifetime. Everything he touches will crumble and be cursed, including the nation he leads.

...... but if it’s snow you need to travel, here’s an unprecedented pile of it.

Like a mummy, Mother, with darkness to remember. Behold, a Destruction is dispatched for a generation. Source 12-19-2019

Eclipse

Source 8-28-2019

• Confused 1

63% of the severe cases in the UK the paitents have been obese. America I believe has to contend with a large percentage of its population who are obese or over weight. This might play a part in the high figures. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

63% of the severe cases in the UK the paitents have been obese. America I believe has to contend with a large percentage of its population who are obese or over weight. This might play a part in the high figures. 

I personally think everywhere has higher figures then reality because most people with it do not get tested 

Iceland has been trying to test everyone and they found so far that 50 percent of people with Covid are asymptomatic. Sample size of 10k test so far. 

https://www-zmescience-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.zmescience.com/medicine/iceland-testing-covid-19-0523/amp/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15853198906808&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Here's the latest from the Dimwit-in-Chief:  https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-coronavirus-ventilators-new-york-state-030627060.html

He doesn't think New York needs that many ventilators.  Practicing medicine without a brain.

Doug

A patient isn't put on a ventilator unless their situation is desperate.  Without a ventilator, they are likely to die.  A ventilator can be jury-rigged to handle two patients.  Thus, you can save twice as many patients as you have ventilators.  Trump has just told New York to let patients die because he doesn't think they need that many ventilators.  And he wonders why he is hated, especially in New York.

Doug

• Like 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I personally think everywhere has higher figures then reality because most people with it do not get tested 

Iceland has been trying to test everyone and they found so far that 50 percent of people with Covid are asymptomatic. Sample size of 10k test so far. 

https://www-zmescience-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.zmescience.com/medicine/iceland-testing-covid-19-0523/amp/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15853198906808&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

The regime for counting does indeed differ from country to country. 

Germany is a perfect example. Now I believe testing 120,00 to an expected 500,000 a week. Yet. Death rate is very low. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Now I believe testing 120,00 to an expected 500,000 a week. Yet. Death rate is very low.

Thats correct.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, toast said:

Thats correct.

What are the figures for Germany. It would seem Germany is leading the way in Europe on the scale of testing.

It would be interesting to see the figures especially total numbers tested compared to those who returned a positive result to the virus. 

I'm hearing that  the food supply chain will catch up in about two weeks.  Just in time for Easter.  Did somebody say something about Easter?

Doug

38 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

What are the figures for Germany. It would seem Germany is leading the way in Europe on the scale of testing.

It would be interesting to see the figures especially total numbers tested compared to those who returned a positive result to the virus. 

There's a decent Wiki page on Germany and Covid: Link

And one for the UK: Link

Daily Situation Reports for Germany at the Robert Koch Inst: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

It was in the news today that we conduct 500k test per week already and I think the number will raise again when the test developed by BOSCH + RANDOX will come into operation. These tests can be made in a medical practice, as long as it has the needed BOSCH hardware, with a result within 2.5hrs, means, candidates can wait for.

Unfortunately we dont have such statistic yet because only the positive results, from all Germany states, are reported to the Robert Koch Institute for data collection and analysis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-to-new-york-youve-been-mean-to-me-drop-dead?via=rss&source=articles_fancylink

What we don't need is a petty, mean and cruel person in charge.

It is rapidly becoming apparent that if Donald Trump were to die suddenly (like from coronavirus, maybe), that fewer people would die in this epidemic.  The problem is that we may have waited too long to bring about this occurrence.  Even if he died today, it might be too late to recover from the damage he has done.

Doug

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-to-new-york-youve-been-mean-to-me-drop-dead?via=rss&source=articles_fancylink

What we don't need is a petty, mean and cruel person in charge.

It is rapidly becoming apparent that if Donald Trump were to die suddenly (like from coronavirus, maybe), that fewer people would die in this epidemic.  The problem is that we may have waited too long to bring about this occurrence.  Even if he died today, it might be too late to recover from the damage he has done.

Doug

Why what could have Trump done different?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

There's a decent Wiki page on Germany and Covid: Link

And one for the UK: Link

Daily Situation Reports for Germany at the Robert Koch Inst: Link

in what thread do you post your daily updates in?

in what thread do you post your daily updates in?

Me? Everywhere, I'm afraid.  I'm a prisoner in my own home on account of underlying health conditions, so extremely bored.  Grr.

I just updated the UK thread, if that's what you're looking for.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/334219-11658-coronavirus-cases-now-confirmed-in-uk/page/19/#top

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why what could have Trump done different?

For openers:  he, or one of his staff, could have read Obama's plan (69 pages written in 2016) on what to do in the event of an emerging pandemic.  He could then have implemented some of its provisions, such as ordering and stock-piling ventilators and masks.  Back in December, or at the latest, January, he could have prepared a pamphlet and website on the strategy the country would use and when and how it would be implemented.  He could have partnered with both the House and Senate in preparing legislation so that we didn't have a ten-day delay while our "leasders" dithered over what to do.  He could have treated this as a real threat instead of trying to minimize it.  Even now, he grandstands instead of letting his medical people do the talking.  He could tell the truth instead of lying.

I will give Trump one thing:  in the economic sphere the president must maintain a positive outlook.  If he starts showing fear or negativity, people panic and start hoarding their money.  And that precipitates a real recession.  Trump may be doing nothing more than trying to talk the country out of a recession.  The attempt is more than a little premature - we still have months of this ahead of us.

Doug

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

For openers:  he, or one of his staff, could have read Obama's plan (69 pages written in 2016) on what to do in the event of an emerging pandemic.  He could then have implemented some of its provisions, such as ordering and stock-piling ventilators and masks.  Back in December, or at the latest, January, he could have prepared a pamphlet and website on the strategy the country would use and when and how it would be implemented.  He could have partnered with both the House and Senate in preparing legislation so that we didn't have a ten-day delay while our "leasders" dithered over what to do.  He could have treated this as a real threat instead of trying to minimize it.  Even now, he grandstands instead of letting his medical people do the talking.  He could tell the truth instead of lying.

I will give Trump one thing:  in the economic sphere the president must maintain a positive outlook.  If he starts showing fear or negativity, people panic and start hoarding their money.  And that precipitates a real recession.  Trump may be doing nothing more than trying to talk the country out of a recession.  The attempt is more than a little premature - we still have months of this ahead of us.

Doug

could apply to all governments around the world.

We all agree that ALL govts are hopeless at doing anything. yet we expect them to be on the ball when it comes to events such as this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

could apply to all governments around the world.

We all agree that ALL govts are hopeless at doing anything. yet we expect them to be on the ball when it comes to events such as this.

I agree that the 69-page plan could not have had a great amount of detail.  Emergency plans for your local volunteer fire department can easily run to 50 pages.  But, they could at least have read it.  When disaster loomed, they could have ordered medical supplies immediately instead of waiting to see if their PR program was going to scare it away.  Trump can't seem to understand that certain things, like viruses and stone walls, can't be bullied or threatened.

Having three hospital ships down for repairs at the same time was not real smart, either.  AT least two should be ready to sail at all times.  Medical staff needs to be trained - but that is a long-term project that Trump could not have anticipated in the time he had available.  But he should have had a program in progress.  Perhaps a few trainees would be close enough to completion that they could be of some assistance.

And Trump's disdain for anything Obama probably had a little bit to do with his ignoring the plan and its recommendations.

Doug

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

I agree that the 69-page plan could not have had a great amount of detail.  Emergency plans for your local volunteer fire department can easily run to 50 pages.  But, they could at least have read it.  When disaster loomed, they could have ordered medical supplies immediately instead of waiting to see if their PR program was going to scare it away.  Trump can't seem to understand that certain things, like viruses and stone walls, can't be bullied or threatened.

Having three hospital ships down for repairs at the same time was not real smart, either.  AT least two should be ready to sail at all times.  Medical staff needs to be trained - but that is a long-term project that Trump could not have anticipated in the time he had available.  But he should have had a program in progress.  Perhaps a few trainees would be close enough to completion that they could be of some assistance.

And Trump's disdain for anything Obama probably had a little bit to do with his ignoring the plan and its recommendations.

Doug

All governments are reactionary. even when they have plans, like all good plans they go out the window on first contact with the enemy. Western Govts thought they could predict the future thanks to the advent of the supercomputer but they soon realised it was impossible to predict future political events in the real world. (that supercomputer found a job in Vegas doing the lottery i believe). In the 1960's Western govt's moved from trying to predict events to perception management.

Its a system we've lived under for so long that we now believe that Govts are the only ones who can save us and on the other hand the only ones who can do us harm. this is where conspiracies come from, - A victim of our own success, the Western way of life means we've grew up in a unprecedented time of relative safety at home. so when 9/11 happened the conspiracy was born because in our make-believe world such horrors don't happen, but the wake up call is these things do happen in the real world. and just with 9/11 we are asking Govts to shield us from Real world disasters, we want them to tell us they have the answers. such as a vaccine or some form of treatment. and if only we'd have done this or that then all would be okay Yet the challenge we face here is far greater than any Govt can deal with we are locked in battle with mother nature, and by that nature evolution. the sad truth is those who have died or will succumb to the virus very little could have been done. nature has found a weakness and is exploiting it.

The truth is were asking our governments to take on nature and beat it. We could've had all the ventilators and more than was ever needed but the outcome would still be the same. - When things go bad Humans always turn to material things, its much easier to blame the lack of equipment, face masks etc... than face the reality that were at the mercy of a force beyond our control.

apparently the way we defeat this virus is by staying at home and washing our hands.

how many are still believing that?

All we are doing is delaying the inevitable outcome over a longer period so our health care systems don't collapse and hopefully buy time to find some miracle cure. Just look at all the panic buying, Its clear we cant handle the truth any more.

If you where the government would you rather stand there getting the blame for lack of strategy, lack of equipment etc.. or stand there with the correct strategy all the equipment needed but totally exposed that nothing is working and the virus is running its course, we'd have total and utter panic, never mind toilet rolls, the social fabric ripped apart, total breakdown of our society. 

Is it a coincidence that no Govt in the world has the right strategy or all the equipment needed. we cant point to a single country and go look, thousands of positive cases and no deaths. certainly we can point to countries with lower rates but the variables involved are to great to say that was the correct blue print for all.

look after yourself and those around you. and hopefully we'll still be posting here for the next decade.

• Like 4

Donald Trump has again downplayed the severity of an intensifying coronavirus outbreak, telling rightwing Fox News host Sean Hannity he had “a feeling that a lot of the numbers” of ventilators estimated to be needed by overwhelmed hospitals “are just bigger than they’re going to be”.

Trump told Hannity: “I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You go into major hospitals sometimes, and they’ll have two ventilators. And now all of a sudden they’re saying, ‘Can we order 30,000 ventilators?’”

The Guardian

03:20

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked