Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts moving random objects in your home

Sandiex0!

So this is my  100% true short story of an example of what this subject is about...

So I live in an apartment all by myself. Today I went to the store down the street for about 15 minutes right after locking my door behind me. No spare keys hidden anywhere or anything. So I get back from the store, and I realized where's my other Xbox controller with the keyboard on it? I start looking around .and guess where it was!? In the litter box... Random right? I did not put it there . And it cudnt have fallen in there off anything because it was literally propped sitting like a controller Sits wen u put it down on a surface. And it was at the BACK of the litter box not the front where it wud most likely land if it had fallen off something.. I have a strange feeling about it. Like something is trying to get my attention .. do I sound crazy? This ain't the first time stuff like this has happened  , plus , last night I heard alot of strange Noises coming from the living room next to my bedroom. So to conclude this whole situation I had, I ask u guys 

1. Can u relate? And how?

And 

2. Is it true that the paranormal can be known to move around objects in one's home ? 

Thank u ,and btw it's nice to know I'm not alone in believing stuff like this. Ppl just look at me like I'm crazy but I swear there is something strange happening around me for a while now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Welcome to the forum. 

I can relate to having a pet  that takes my things and either chews them up or leaves them someplace weird.  I suspect your cat is crazy and you are pushing yourself to crazy by worrying about paranomal activity that most likely is the cat.

I do want to know if you got up and looked in the living room when you heard the "strange noises". 

That being said, I do think there is more going on than we usually perceive but you have to eliminate all possibilities before deciding something strange is paranormal or aliens.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As someone who lived in a haunted house throughout my childhood, I can confirm that some spirits can move objects.

However..... as Desertrat56 said, the cat is your number one suspect.

• Like 1

Ok so my cat can't carry a Xbox controller.. this kind of stuff has been happening to me for a long time. And I'm frustrated to read that u think I'm going crazy. And that my cat did it. It's fine, humans are scared of things they don't know about .it's a fact. But I appreciate u replying and also respect ur thoughts on this . And no I didn't get up to look cuz same thing everytime, no one's there.. I explain wat I was hearing and I'm being 100% honest about this plus the controller thing too. And to diagnose ur theory of my Cat moving it, she wud need to drag it over where the litter box is with using only her mouth ,off of the couch it was sitting on, and lift it over the edge of litter box and place perfectly straight..sounds pretty not doable and Def not normal cat behaviour. Also, the second scenerio of ur theory wud be the cat somehow grabbed the bulky controller with her front two paws while she stands on her back to feet and walks over to the box and places it there. 

I think my theory is more beleivable, especially due to all of my experiences with paranormal **** going on around me.what do u think? 

And no I did  not getup to look at what the noises were. Alot of the time I do get up and check , and 100% of the time no one has been there so that's why I didnt. The Noises were.. so strange. First I hear a laugh ,short and creepy sounding.but window was closed..and yes I do believe it still cud have be from outside so I debunked that pretty fast . And I also heard like tapping on the wall or on something solid and it kept sounding like it was getting closer. I heard a noise that sounded like something falling over (debunked that cuz there's no proof Something fell over other than the sound..I just kept hearing Noises . I can't explain more than it sounded mostly like the sound of someone looking thru your stuff but not how u thinm it was just little sounds I basically can't use any words to describe it fully and cat was in bed with us.and creepiest of all (happened a few months ago)The foot steps and living room door opening. In my apartment, there's no way in hell that someone can walk on the floor and  not be noticed because it's the creekiest floor I've ever stepped on in my life it's so noticeable. Me and my bf heard the door open cuz it makes that screetching sound cuz it's old and needs to be oiled and then footsteps started ..creeeek.creeek .Creek and and I grabbed a pocket knife off the table and  checked it out with my heart pounding and nope nothing . Checked whole apartment,main  door was locked and no Windows open . And I got much more stories aswell even from years ago that I can't forget. Sorry about the essay

Basically, it cud have all been noises of the whole building. But my mind is almost is so open to the idea that it cud be paranormal.ii find it all so cool . And the reason for me being this way is 100% the fact that I have had quite a few experiences in my life.. so those times def. Play a huge part in my curiousity and beliefs on this subject.

• Like 1

And as far as my cat Being a suspect in the noises or things moving go, I actually used her to basically prove In not crazy and just hearing things that rnt there. What I mean is , in my parents house growing up for Instance, the basement.... Gave off this super creepy vibe .. so many noises I've experienced coming from down there and just an overall rly u comfortable feeling down there to the point I can't go down there anymore. But ya going off topic a bit, I'm saying that my cat and moms cat wud validate I actually heard wat o heard because I wud watch them sit at the top of the. Basement stairs and just peer down the stairs and they wud react to all the noises I hear . Like turning their head to look the way the noise is coming from ect. All the signs to validate the cats hear it too. 

I've see a ghost once in my life at the end of my bed . And it was terrifying. It was some old dude. Looked like a vape cloud but I  humans shape with very subtle characteristics showing it was a guy .and I bulted outta there as fast as possible .I basically got told I'm crazy . Which rly made me mad .  I slept on my brother bedroom floor for a few days after . I constantly see shadows that can't be explained , I see little dots of light randomly at the corner of my eye or just floating along the wall . I just feel like there's a ghost present every time I move somewhere or whatnot . It keeps happeningg anywhere i seem to go and I'm def . Not stupid . It's so hard to explain everything,  but I know something is happening around me . One Shoe being thrown at me and my bf wen we embraced eachother for a second by the door way in our old place.   And the time we were in bed and the bedroom door slams shut a doorknob starts rattling ..srsly freaky ****! 

Just set up a surveillance camera. They are very inexpensive, and if you have a laptop you can probably do it with your existing camera and free software.

As far as I am aware, not one person with claims like this has returned to this forum to either:

- report their success in discovering the culprit (why would they bother - it's not all that exciting to discover it was just the cat..)

- show us the footage of any object being moved by unknown forces.

So, why not be the first?

BTW, a cat could lift a game controller for a short while, and could certainly push it around and even up and over things.  Usually such behaviour will be reserved for when you are *not* watching.

Thankfully they are not smart enough to work out when you have a camera filming, however.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sandiex0! said:

Ok so my cat can't carry a Xbox controller..

I've watched one of my cats carry a full grown raccoon it had killed. You'd be surprised how strong tabby the cat can actually be. Unless I somehow had a monster cat...

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sandiex0! said:

And as far as my cat Being a suspect in the noises or things moving go, I actually used her to basically prove In not crazy and just hearing things that rnt there. What I mean is , in my parents house growing up for Instance, the basement.... Gave off this super creepy vibe .. so many noises I've experienced coming from down there and just an overall rly u comfortable feeling down there to the point I can't go down there anymore. But ya going off topic a bit, I'm saying that my cat and moms cat wud validate I actually heard wat o heard because I wud watch them sit at the top of the. Basement stairs and just peer down the stairs and they wud react to all the noises I hear . Like turning their head to look the way the noise is coming from ect. All the signs to validate the cats hear it too. 

I've see a ghost once in my life at the end of my bed . And it was terrifying. It was some old dude. Looked like a vape cloud but I  humans shape with very subtle characteristics showing it was a guy .and I bulted outta there as fast as possible .I basically got told I'm crazy . Which rly made me mad .  I slept on my brother bedroom floor for a few days after . I constantly see shadows that can't be explained , I see little dots of light randomly at the corner of my eye or just floating along the wall . I just feel like there's a ghost present every time I move somewhere or whatnot . It keeps happeningg anywhere i seem to go and I'm def . Not stupid . It's so hard to explain everything,  but I know something is happening around me . One Shoe being thrown at me and my bf wen we embraced eachother for a second by the door way in our old place.   And the time we were in bed and the bedroom door slams shut a doorknob starts rattling ..srsly freaky ****! 

Well, I’m a believer in the paranormal and you should feel that you can gauge the likelihood of the cat explanation and such IN YOUR CASE better than the skeptics here.

These things certainly happen to many people all the time. You are not crazy. 

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

4e3.jpg

As much as this might be one of my favorite explanations for everything in general... let's leave off with the teasing off the new member please. Too often threads get derailed off into jokes and heckling of these topics. Often at the expense of others.

Back more to commentary in the thread... I think setting up a camera or two wouldn't be a bad idea. I wouldn't guess ghosts just yet.

And welcome to UM Sandie :st

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

As far as I am aware, not one person with claims like this has returned to this forum to either:

- report their success in discovering the culprit (why would they bother - it's not all that exciting to discover it was just the cat..)

- show us the footage of any object being moved by unknown forces.

So, why not be the first?

I wish someone would, i'd be interested in whats causing folks problems. Sneaky pets, imaginations or possibly a spirit.

• Like 2

If you consistently see and hear things, I would guess that you are sensitive to psychic activity.

I am too, but I've learned to handle it.  It's a 50/50 useful/annoying talent, but it's nothing to worry about.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I've watched one of my cats carry a full grown raccoon it had killed. You'd be surprised how strong tabby the cat can actually be. Unless I somehow had a monster cat...

Lol,what do you own a puma?I've seen footage of half a dozen patterdale terriers have trouble killing a racoon,any of these dogs could kill a cat very easily single handed in a minute as can my jack russells.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, openozy said:

Lol,what do you own a puma?I've seen footage of half a dozen patterdale terriers have trouble killing a racoon,any of these dogs could kill a cat very easily single handed in a minute as can my jack russells.

He was a big boy. I think it was a Myostatin thing. Think of a tiger but house cat size. I've got a Chihuahua that has a Myostatin issue as well. She's stocky. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

He was a big boy. I think it was a Myostatin thing. Think of a tiger but house cat size. I've got a Chihuahua that has a Myostatin issue as well. She's stocky. 

A bit dangerous as a house pet but if it could kill a racoon it could take out a burglar so they might be in demand in certain areas.

1 minute ago, openozy said:

A bit dangerous as a house pet but if it could kill a racoon it could take out a burglar so they might be in demand in certain areas.

He was a baby. Very loving but also very territorial. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

He was a baby. Very loving but also very territorial. 

One of those things you have to see to believe.

22 hours ago, openozy said:

One of those things you have to see to believe.

Hmm.  What's the best example of something you have to see to believe, I wonder?

Pretty much 99%+ of what I believe in, I haven't personally seen.  That includes such stuff as:
- Gravity
- Europe, Asia, The Americas, the UK, Sahara Desert, North Pole, in fact probably about 97% of the earth's surface ... (I'm happy to just explore bits of Oz)
- Blue Whales
- An active Volcano
- the SR-71 in flight
- Earth from space
- a pink Lamborghini
- the Sahara
... oh, I could go on and on and on and on .......

But for all those and bazillions more, I can easily find evidence that will satisfy cynical old me.

(Ghosts are not in that list.)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

(Ghosts are not in that list.)

So,if you happen to see a ghost you would consider it your imagination?As with Xeno's cat,I hear stories all the time about the feats of other's hunting dogs,I don't disbelieve them but would need to see it.You missed air on your list :D

On 1/22/2020 at 8:04 PM, openozy said:

patterdale terriers

Impressive impressive dogs to watch work. One day ill have the space time and energy to own a couple.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Impressive impressive dogs to watch work. One day ill have the space time and energy to own a couple.

Being a dog man I'd consider them at the top of dogdem,even more so than pitbulls.I owned one but found it too much to handle so went back to the russells.I don't know your age Farmer but I wouldn't leave it too long,they are a big handful lol.I've seen one chase sheep with a stun collar on,when zapped it did backward somersaults and kept chasing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

Being a dog man I'd consider them at the top of dogdem,even more so than pitbulls.I owned one but found it too much to handle so went back to the russells.I don't know your age Farmer but I wouldn't leave it too long,they are a big handful lol.I've seen one chase sheep with a stun collar on,when zapped it did backward somersaults and kept chasing.

I've never owned one but have always considered myself a dog man as well and would definitely agree. I think when the rubber meets the road youre right my energy levels just cant hang anymore, im still only 42 but the MS is kinda consuming.

I still have my pipedreams of owning a ranch  and needing working dogs one day though ! :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I've never owned one but have always considered myself a dog man as well and would definitely agree. I think when the rubber meets the road youre right my energy levels just cant hang anymore, im still only 42 but the MS is kinda consuming.

I still have my pipedreams of owning a ranch  and needing working dogs one day though ! :D

I'm sorry about your condition,I have my terriers and whippets now but at nearly sixty I mainly go ferreting with the whippets and ferrets,a great day out with the gentle but intense house dogs.Might be ideal dogs for you they are happy to lay on the couch and always up for a hunt when you feel ok.

• Thanks 1