Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
VerdeICe

Huge Indian mask spirit

Recommended Posts

VerdeICe

I live in an orchard. My brother told me he saw somthing watching him through the cracks in the fence. 

It was a huge tribal looking mask with black eyes. Im not saying what he saw was real or that it wasnt just a person... For some reason. 

But what would that kind of spirit be, if there is any lore behind it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Piney
36 minutes ago, VerdeICe said:

I live in an orchard. My brother told me he saw somthing watching him through the cracks in the fence. 

It was a huge tribal looking mask with black eyes. Im not saying what he saw was real or that it wasnt just a person... For some reason. 

But what would that kind of spirit be, if there is any lore behind it?

You'd have to show me a picture and/or give me a general location where your at. Every tribal lore is different. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VerdeICe

I live in central california, merced County area. 

 

The valley.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VerdeICe

My brother found the mask after some searching. Its called the mask of the octopus hunter. Its interesting but maybe it was just a spirit. I suppose. 

 

 

 

download (3).jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, VerdeICe said:

My brother found the mask after some searching. Its called the mask of the octopus hunter. Its interesting but maybe it was just a spirit. I suppose. 

 

He was a person in a story. Not a spirit, but many Northwestern masks look similar. 

Spirits don't have any form but what people give them. Maybe it was something he saw in a picture and it was sitting in his subconscious.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
13 minutes ago, VerdeICe said:

 Its interesting but maybe it was just a spirit. 

'Just' a spirit? What an understatement. Pretty fascinating to the rest of us! 

I wonder what/why seeing that suggests?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
54 minutes ago, VerdeICe said:

My brother found the mask after some searching. Its called the mask of the octopus hunter. Its interesting but maybe it was just a spirit. I suppose. 

download (3).jpeg

He's playing a prank on you.

The central California people included the Chumash, Pomo, Salinan, Yokut, Miwok, and Nisenan.  What you have there is an Alaskan mask... the Kwakiutl people: http://digitallibrary.usc.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15799coll10/id/1429/rec/37

Go tell him you're not that dim and you're not going to fall for his silly story.  The Kwakiutl didn't live in California.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
55 minutes ago, Piney said:

He was a person in a story. Not a spirit, but many Northwestern masks look similar. 

If this is in California, it must have been taken there as a souvenir I would guess?  Northwest coast of US and Canada?  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VerdeICe

I dont know. He said thats what it looked like. I dont know the lore behind anything but he seems to be telling the truth. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
9 hours ago, VerdeICe said:

I dont know. He said thats what it looked like. I dont know the lore behind anything but he seems to be telling the truth. 

Nope.  He's playing you for a fool.  Or someone played HIM for a fool.

In any case, that's a very specific mask and mask type and it's from over a thousand miles away and an entirely different culture.  That's like... trying to pass off Japanese sumo wrestling as American boxing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VerdeICe

Gotcha. He is an idoit. Damn. It was cool tho.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.