Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It’s raining lizards in Florida

flying squid

Watch out for wind chills, freezing temperatures, and falling iguanas. This was the actual forecast for residents in south Florida Tuesday.

The National Weather Service Miami-South Florida tweeted out a message on Tuesday telling people to watch out for the falling lizards as the cold temperatures cause them to stiffen and fall from trees.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/cold-weather-in-florida-causes-stiffened-iguanas-to-start-falling-from-trees

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, flying squid said:

Watch out for wind chills, freezing temperatures, and falling iguanas. This was the actual forecast for residents in south Florida Tuesday.

The National Weather Service Miami-South Florida tweeted out a message on Tuesday telling people to watch out for the falling lizards as the cold temperatures cause them to stiffen and fall from trees.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/cold-weather-in-florida-causes-stiffened-iguanas-to-start-falling-from-trees

Lop off their heads with a machete before they wake up, gut em and throw em on a spit!

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Lop off their heads with a machete before they wake up, gut em and throw em on a spit!

The lizards, or the meteorologists ? :unsure2:

• Haha 2

Just now, RoofGardener said:

The lizards, or the meteorologists ? :unsure2:

Well I was referring to the lizards but "long pig" seems like an environmentally responsible meal as well. :D

I used to live in south Florida and remember looking in the backyard. It wasn't uncommon to see iguanas, parrots and other exotic birds in the trees. While domestic iguanas like to be picked up and petted, you aren't going to get near those I mention. They rake off if you even get close. Birds are the same, although many of the birds are escaped or have been released. Seen alligators in swimming pools and big boa constrictors under houses. In fact, all sorts of weird things happen down there. One morning I came to work and there was one of those chemical lakes next to the building (The kind they have in the middle of condo complexes). Well, I pull up and see a helicopter dropping guys in wet-suits into the middle of the lake. Then I look along the side of our building and see a car that was obviously driven there to be hidden in the brush. come to find out, there was a murder and a body in the lake. I don't know why they didn't just walk in or use a boat, but I'm sure they had a reason for the helicopter. At first I thought it was training, but then spoke to the police who started showing up on mys side of the lake.

Frankly, I miss living down there. Far cheaper, far more uplifting, people aren't drab and depressed. Always something exciting going on, lots of beautiful women who look great even in their 40s and 50s. Also, the state, county and city aren't corrupt like they are in IL/Cook county/Chicago. I'm sure there were things going on, but compared to IL, it was as honest as the day is long. Hope to go back someday and settle there.

Edited by jbondo