Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Rio police killed five people every day 2019

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

"The number of police killings in Rio de Janeiro reached a record high last year, officials say, amid controversial hardline measures to tackle violence.

"Police killed 1,810 people, an average of five per day, the highest number since official records began in 1998.

"Critics blame the rise on policies that include the use of heavily armed agents and helicopter-borne snipers to fight criminals in densely populated areas.

"But officials say the approach has worked, citing a drop in violent crime."

At the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-51220364

And France24: https://www.france24.com/en/20200122-police-killings-in-rio-soar-18-percent-in-2019-data

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Taun

Critics of the critics blame the criminals....

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
14 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"The number of police killings in Rio de Janeiro reached a record high last year, officials say, amid controversial hardline measures to tackle violence.

Really???? In the eighties and early nineties they were shooting the feral kids like rats. :huh:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Really???? In the eighties and early nineties they were shooting the feral kids like rats. :huh:

But were those murders actually recorded?

This is just official deaths .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Really???? In the eighties and early nineties they were shooting the feral kids like rats. :huh:

yes they did, those were gangs that attacked robbed and even killed people. some kids, uh,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Essan said:

But were those murders actually recorded?

Nope. They would walk by when they were sleeping on the beach, shoot them in the head and keep walking. 

.....and they wonder why the survivors became violent, cop hating criminals as adults.....

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, aztek said:

yes they did, those were gangs that attacked robbed and even killed people. some kids, uh,

I know that. They were literally wild dog packs. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

actually the stats are much higher,  5 ppl a day for a year comes out to 1825, these stats show around over 6000.  6 times more than in usa, 

to compare, india police kills about 130ppl a year, a country with 1.3B population, almost total poverty, and widespread corruption.  population of brazil 200+ M, usa 330M

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore
33 minutes ago, aztek said:

actually the stats are much higher,  5 ppl a day for a year comes out to 1825, these stats show around over 6000.  6 times more than in usa, 

to compare, india police kills about 130ppl a year, a country with 1.3B population, almost total poverty, and widespread corruption.  population of brazil 200+ M, usa 330M

The 1,810 is for Rio de Janeiro, not the whole country. The 6,000 is for the whole country, and would include the 1,810 from Rio.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ethereal_scout

I'm assuming they're NOT armed and its subjective as to what is criminal. Being criminal doesn't mean they're doing anything wrong (they may adhere to the 10 commandments rather than criminal law). The law may be wrong etc.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
aztek
20 minutes ago, ethereal_scout said:

I'm assuming they're NOT armed and its subjective as to what is criminal. Being criminal doesn't mean they're doing anything wrong (they may adhere to the 10 commandments rather than criminal law). The law may be wrong etc.

of course not, lol, they are model citizens,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.