Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US imposes visa rules for pregnant women on

aztek

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration on Thursday imposed new visa rules aimed at restricting “birth tourism," in which women travel to the United States to give birth so their children can have U.S. citizenship.

Applicants will be denied a tourist visa unless they can prove they must come to the U.S. to give birth for medical reasons and they have money to pay for it — not just because they want their child to have a passport.

“Closing this glaring immigration loophole will combat these endemic abuses and ultimately protect the United States from the national security risks created by this practice,” White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement. “It will also defend American taxpayers from having their hard-earned dollars siphoned away to finance the direct and downstream costs associated with birth tourism. The integrity of American citizenship must be protected.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-impose-visas-restrictions-pregnant-173851578.html

i can't wait to heal liberals go nuts over it,  great move mr. president

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

Well, Billl Richardson got away with it.  He was one of those babies born in the U.S. so that he could have U.S. Citizenship.  Maybe it is a good idea to abolish those types of visas.  I didn't even know they existed, I thought women who did that did it illegally or were bought specifically for that purpose (or maybe the child was who was bought).

• Like 1

there is no such visa, never was.  but it was not illegal. there was no restrictions on pregnancy,  the new law is about ALL visas, not to be issued to pregnant, unless qualified

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

When you study up on what the people had to go through immigrating here via Ellis Island and all the reasons they were denied entry, The quarantine in very poor conditions, the labeling them as too old, diseased, sub-intelligent, bad teeth.  This nation was made by immigrants, plenty of which were turned away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

When you study up on what the people had to go through immigrating here via Ellis Island and all the reasons they were denied entry, The quarantine in very poor conditions, the labeling them as too old, diseased, sub-intelligent, bad teeth.  This nation was made by immigrants, plenty of which were turned away.

i know, rules back then were much stricter than today, but popular opinion (as usual incorrect)  is that anyone and everyone was welcome. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

The irony:

Russian birth tourism to Florida to 'maternity hotels' in the 2010s is documented. Birth tourism packages complete with lodging and medical care delivered in Russian begin at $20,000, and go as high as $84,700 for an apartment in Miami's Trump Tower II complete with a "gold-tiled bathtub and chauffeured Cadillac Escalade."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-flock-to-trump-properties-to-give-birth-to-us-citizens

He must not be making a profit off it anymore.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

those are very competitive prices, my insurance paid around 70k  for my third last year, and there was no gold tiles, and caddy limos.  damn, should have used trump services. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, aztek said:

those are very competitive prices, my insurance paid around 70k  for my third last year, and there was no gold tiles, and caddy limos.  damn, should have used trump services. 

You know, if you went to Canada that kid would have only cost $8000 Canadian and would have dual citizenship.

I won't lie, I a bit of a globalist.  The idea of setting up my kid to be able to go to college, pick from healthcare systems, buy property/start businesses in multiple countries, etc. is an advantage I would grant him in a heartbeat.  (He has Brazilian, Italian, and US citizenship)

• Like 2

i do not see any need for my kids to have canadian citizenship.    i'm sure my kids will be able to do all those things if they want, with us passport alone.

not to mention , you will have to go thru bureaucratic hell, to get your canadian born kid a us passport.,   i don't see it  of any benefit.   i've seen what my wife had to go thru to change just 1 letter in her name in several documents, due to clerical mistake, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A maternity nurse told me that some foreigners come here to have their baby and then stick the hospital (and the American people) for the bill.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, K9Buck said:

A maternity nurse told me that some foreigners come here to have their baby and then stick the hospital (and the American people) for the bill.  

Seems to be a common thing.  Even our president has a history of stiff contractors/service providers when it came to bills.  It doesn't help when hospitals charge 4x the international rate for services either.  (People from countries with socialized medicine might not even realize that there was such a thing as maternity bills.)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, K9Buck said:

There are more US citizens who do this than foreigners....

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Seems to be a common thing.  Even our president has a history of stiff contractors/service providers when it came to bills.  It doesn't help when hospitals charge 4x the international rate for services either.  (People from countries with socialized medicine might not even realize that there was such a thing as maternity bills.)

not only it doesn't help, but it does not happen either, nice try, but no cigar

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, K9Buck said:

it is true,  300k babies a year are born to illegals, who do not pay a penny, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, aztek said:

not only it doesn't help, but it does not happen either, nice try, but no cigar

So the numbers in this link are fake? (or is this another of those instances where you state something as fact but really don't know if it's true or not)

https://www.insider.com/costs-giving-birth-around-the-world-2018-7#chile-doesnt-overcharge-for-c-section-procedures-4

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So the numbers in this link are fake? (or is this another of those instances where you state something as fact but really don't know if it's true or not)

https://www.insider.com/costs-giving-birth-around-the-world-2018-7#chile-doesnt-overcharge-for-c-section-procedures-4

oh, never mind,  i thought you mean our hospitals charge 4x  foreign nationals, ( the way colleges charge double price from international students).  you just meant our prices 4x as expensive, as everywhere  which i won't argue,  my third cost my insurance 70k,