Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voice of ancient Egyptian priest replicated

Eldorado

"Scientists have fulfilled a mummified Egyptian priest's wish for life after death - by replicating his voice with artificial vocal chords.

"Nesyamun's voice has been reproduced as a vowel-like sound that is reminiscent of a sheep's bleat.

"The priest lived during the politically volatile reign of pharaoh Ramses XI, between 1099 and 1069BC."

Article at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51223828

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

ROFL. 

I heard about this on BBC Radio 4 whilst I was driveing home. 

They actually PLAYED their simulation of the sound that the priest would have made. 

Umm... to say the least... it was unconvincing. (which they admited themselves.. they hadn't been able to simulate a tongue yet). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

"Scientists have fulfilled a mummified Egyptian priest's wish for life after death - by replicating his voice with artificial vocal chords.

"Nesyamun's voice has been reproduced as a vowel-like sound that is reminiscent of a sheep's bleat.

"The priest lived during the politically volatile reign of pharaoh Ramses XI, between 1099 and 1069BC."

Article at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51223828

I wonder if they could also reproduced his bowel track, If they could I bet they could make him fart, I bet he has some serious pent up gas after all these years.:D

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Scientists Recreate The Voice of a 3,000-Year-Old Egyptian Priest's Mummy

If the dead could talk, they'd probably have a lot to say. Still, it's pretty darn tough when you can only make one sound and you've lost your tongue.Under these unforgiving conditions, the 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy Nesyamun should be forgiven for merely grumbling out an "eeeeyhh".After several millennia of not making a peep, that was the sound scientists heard when they 3D printed the mummy's vocal tract - an elongated groan somewhere between the vowels of bed and bad.

https://www.sciencealert.com/egyptian-mummy-from-3-000-years-ago-finally-makes-its-voice-heard

Seems like a total waste of time and effort.

• Like 1

Off subject here but when I did my 23 and me dna test I found out my paternal side was traced back to Ramesses III. I thought was pretty cool

Air Air Air Air Air Air, the pharaoh was suffocating in his sarcophagus, with no air.