Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Waspie_Dwarf

Artemis 1 Set for Testing in 2020

Waspie_Dwarf

NASA Artemis Program and Stennis Space Center Set the Stage for Testing in 2020

All eyes are on south Mississippi with this month’s delivery and installation of NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) rocket’s first core stage to Stennis Space Center for a milestone Green Run test series prior to its Artemis I flight.

The Green Run testing will be the first top-to-bottom integrated testing of the stage’s systems prior to its maiden flight. The testing will be conducted on the B-2 Test Stand at Stennis, located near Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, and the nation’s largest rocket propulsion test site. Green Run testing will take place over several months and culminates with an eight-minute, full-duration hot fire of the stage’s four RS-25 engines to generate 2 million pounds of thrust, as during an actual launch.

arrow3.gif  Read More: NASA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hammerclaw

Looking good. SLS should have a substantially greater lift capability than a Falcon Heavy and about .60 percent of the Saturn 5. Impressive.

• Like 1

and then

Awesome!  BSL is only a couple of hours down the road.  I might not be able to SEE it, but I'll sure be able to HEAR it if I go over ;)