Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

List your favorite items

Jujo-jo

What are your favorite household items, products, cleaning solutions, electronics, devices, etc. any and all that apply, list the products and items that you are loyal to and don't want to live without.

Example & some of mine are...

Dawn platinum foam dish soup

Eden pure electric heater

Eco quest air purifier 

Pin sol

My washer and dryer

My lava lamp

• Like 3

Dawn dish soap

Tide oxi power laundry detergent.

Murphy's oil soap

Mother's natural carnuba car and furniture wax

Clorox bleach

I'm simple and eco-green. 

Plus the furniture is a near century old and demands good treatment and the piano only deserves the best

Except for the bookcases. My sister built the bookcases. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I love my Smeg small appliances. They're very retro looking and although I rarely use them, they're nice to look at.  I do use the blender though, and would be lost without it as I can't go a day without a smoothie. As for cleaning supplies, I buy eco-friendly detergents and cleaning products (no real brand preference). I like the way Dettol smells but stopped using it as a disinfectant cleaner when I found out it it kills fish and is especially toxic to cats. I might reconsider if Emma-Jane (my cat) starts to get on my nerves. But for now, eco-friendly only. Can't live without humidifiers in the winter, and air purifiers year round. What I don't have but really want are those closets that steam/clean your clothes. 

• Like 5

My I-pad.

My cane.

Soon to be my electric wheelchair.

The dishwasher.

Sky lights in many rooms.

My recliner that at times serves as my bed.

My electric knife that’s carved decades of family feasts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We use distilled white vinegar for most cleaning needs... perfectly safe and highly effective.

We have a water distiller I picked up a few years ago.  We live near an oil refinery and the ground water is not trustworthy.  The unit cost me about $140.  It distills a gallon of water in about 4-5 hours.  We have pristine water at all times now in three five gallon dispensers, for all our cooking, drinking needs.  It's paid for itself several times over compared to the filtered water we were purchasing.

Edited by quiXilver
typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jujo-jo said:

What are your favorite household items, products, cleaning solutions, electronics, devices, etc. any and all that apply, list the products and items that you are loyal to and don't want to live without.

Example & some of mine are...

Dawn platinum foam dish soup

Eden pure electric heater

Eco quest air purifier 

Pin sol

My washer and dryer

My lava lamp

My Smith & Wesson Model 29-2 Double Action 44 Magnum Revolver, with a 8-3/8 Barrel and Nickel Finish. Loaded with 44 Magnum Corbon 260 Grain Bonded Core Hollow Points.

Most important household item I have ever owned, and guaranteed to protect all my other favorite household items.:yes:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think that there are just a handful of things I would be very sad to be without, 

headphones/way to  listen to music

my comfy bed (because anymore my back feels old)

all of my guns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

All good stuff here, very helpful thanks!

I used to use regular dawn dish soap, actually I still do but I had a coupon for the platinum foam so thought well, why not and now I use both. I didnt think it would be much different but it is and it seems to go a long way for the money; we also use dawn on our clothing when we get grease or oil spots on them from the shop. I would definitely recommend it, not even the reg. Dawn compates when it comes to those real dirty and greasy pans.

I do also like oxy clean Piney,not dure why I thought I could wear a white coat lol but sure am glad they invented that stuff : )

And oh yes can't forget the vinegar! I use glass bowls for our cats water (less kidney, urinary and acne problems) and vinegar is the only thing that works to get that hard ring off around the inside. Speaking of which I can't live with out the paper bowls for there food, using these cuts my dishes in 1/2 lol (& that's good for past injury to my hand that now has bad arthritis in it.)

I have not heard of Smeg appliances so I'll be looking in to those.

• Like 3

I have this spoon that I really like.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Ahh... yes guns do make for good sleeping at night ; )

Yes they do, because no matter what favorite items any of us have, there is always someone else who thinks that they deserve them more than we do. There is only one answer for those kinda people.:)

In the right situation this song tells the whole story.:yes:

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Ahh... yes guns do make for good sleeping at night ; )

I always make sure to sleep with a pillow under my gun.

• Haha 7

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

I always make sure to sleep with a pillow under my gun.

I sleep with mine in a shoulder holster, keeps me warm at night. Maybe that's why I am never bothered by Ghosts or Aliens with Probes.:w00t::D

Peace

• Haha 2

Mine is beside me all day and all night but in a flip top box that looks like a book and then there's the others neatly stashed away out of site but within reach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My swords, chainsaws and my Lego are my favorites if we are talking about personal items. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My compound bow... :D It's only a cheapie, but I just like how cool it looks (it still looks like a bow, not like those over complicated ones), and the way it is designed - just a simple addition to a basic bow that makes it awfully powerful..  Only ever used on targets, not hunting.

And then there's my car .. which was cheap as hell, bought new, and has lasted me 18 years and 430,000km without missing a beat...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

My compound bow... :DIt's only a cheapie, but I just like how cool it looks (it still looks like a bow, not like those over complicated ones), and the way it is designed - just a simple addition to a basic bow that makes it awfully powerful..  Only ever used on targets, not hunting.

Mine are a vintage 1990s Browning Mirage and Bear Panther with real cables, I wouldn't buy a techno-bow....trash. 

All I used them for is targets too. I hunted (not anymore) with a recurve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jujo-jo said:

Mine is beside me all day and all night but in a flip top box that looks like a book and then there's the others neatly stashed away out of site but within reach.

Where I an currently living in Washington State, it is a Concealed Carry State. My old permit expired in 2014. My wife and I just returned from living in South Korea from 2013 - 2019 Dec, so currently I am waiting for my New permit, it should be here by next week. When I carry concealed, I carry a Walther PPK / S chambered for 380 caliber this Model was the last made in Germany for sale in the USA it was manufactured 1968. After 1968 the US Banned the import of small handguns, so Smith & Wesson became licensed from Walther to manufacture the PP and the PPK in the US. All Walthers sold in the US after 1968 are American made.

I like the PPK because it is small, and easily concealed. Some people have the misconception that a 380 Auto doesn't have the knock down power if you need to take care of a situation. But, that is not correct, it has more than enough power whether you are using standard ammunition or hollow points. I would recommend a PP or a PPK to anyone who carries a concealed weapon.

Peace

• Thanks 1

I think my favorite possession is my gaming spec computer.  I have an entire room devoted to it.  I have also had a huge solar array with batteries installed to power it.  If you are in Western Massachusetts and you see a 2 storey house that has a roof that is 99% solar panels facing south, that is probably my place.

As for guns, I favor the Glock 19 and the Desert Eagle 50 for handguns, and the AR-15 for rifles.

I also have signed copies of a number of seminal works by leading linguists including "Aspects and Theory of Syntax" by Noam Chomsky.  They are my pokemons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dr Bronner's Peppermint Pure-Castile Liquid Soap

Roots leather bags

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iridescence said:

My laptop and my headphones. I love them so much that I can't consider them items anymore. They're more like a part of me.

Oh, and mirrors, even though they don't always like to see me :ph34r:

: ) 

? on the mirrors, this sounds interesting : )

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Where I an currently living in Washington State, it is a Concealed Carry State. My old permit expired in 2014. My wife and I just returned from living in South Korea from 2013 - 2019 Dec, so currently I am waiting for my New permit, it should be here by next week. When I carry concealed, I carry a Walther PPK / S chambered for 380 caliber this Model was the last made in Germany for sale in the USA it was manufactured 1968. After 1968 the US Banned the import of small handguns, so Smith & Wesson became licensed from Walther to manufacture the PP and the PPK in the US. All Walthers sold in the US after 1968 are American made.

I like the PPK because it is small, and easily concealed. Some people have the misconception that a 380 Auto doesn't have the knock down power if you need to take care of a situation. But, that is not correct, it has more than enough power whether you are using standard ammunition or hollow points. I would recommend a PP or a PPK to anyone who carries a concealed weapon.

Peace

I'll be adding a 9 millimeter next.

Ruger LCR 38 mag special, Ruger 357 mag, older Smith and Weston 22, Remington and Winchester 20 gage, probably time to add to the collection.

I do not care for my 38, definitely need to be up close and personal, still gives me a sense of security tho. I hit my target every time with our 20 gages vs that 38  : ) maybe I am expecting a longer range than I should with it.

I will be looking into those PP & PPK'S.

Thanks!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

I'll be adding a 9 millimeter next.

Ruger LCR 38 mag special, Ruger 357 mag, older Smith and Weston 22, Remington and Winchester 20 gage, probably time to add to the collection.

I do not care for my 38, definitely need to be up close and personal, still gives me a sense of security tho. I hit my target every time with our 20 gages vs that 38  : ) maybe I am expecting a longer range than I should with it.

I will be looking into those PP & PPK'S.

Thanks!

Your very welcome, they are worth a look. 

Peace

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Your very welcome, they are worth a look. 

Peace

Yes they look pretty nice, I'll keep you posted...