Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien Abduction (3 Cases We Can't Dismiss)

NoBrain

Which scientists?

• Thanks 1

Why is the title Alien Abduction 2020?  The Hill story is over 50 years old

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NoBrain said:

they can't be all lies!

Of course they can. 40 people wrote the bible, and that's all lies.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, NoBrain said:

Maybe ufologists, psychiatrists and others related to pseudoscience.

Look up the term.....

I can explain the psychology behind the Strieber Case. Been there, done that.

The Hill Case was proven a fraud long ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NoBrain said:

I would like to see who did that and how :huh:

The science is 1950's trash and the astronomy is completely wrong.

The biggest problem with contactees is they never study astronomy. 

Two young stars, which are metal deficient and no planets. You need metals for rocky planets to form and technological life to happen. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeta_Reticuli

Other links

http://www.theironskeptic.com/articles/hill/hill_index.htm

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4124

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If these 3 abduction cases are the best we have, its no wonder UFOlogy have a problem with credibility.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

The "missing time" part of the story was looked at in a paper by Peter Brookesmith. He points out that the Hills assumed that they were missing two hours of their life because the trip home took two hours more than usual. One important fact generally goes unmentioned: the trip is usually made at daytime. The Hills had gotten up that morning "bright and early" but didn't cross over into the US until well after dark. Barney should have been pretty tired, and to assume that an exhausted man driving along twisting, turning, backwoods forest roads is gonig to travel the same speed as he would if he were wide awake and it was daytime is insane. The two missing hours could easily be explained as simply as the fact that Barney was exhausted, travelled a little bit slower than normal, and since there wasn't anything to keep his mind on the time (radio, sun in the sky, etc.) he just lost track of what was going on.

You can't be serious! It was a waste of time reading your sources. Is nothing proved here or anywhere else. These are just interpretations, assumptions and theories. But if that convinced you is good enough :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Hazzard said:

If these 3 abduction cases are the best we have, its no wonder UFOlogy have a problem with credibility.

Strieber is a texbook case of subconscious thought forms created after dabbling in spirituality and mental stress. Any real Asian Shaman or Vodou Houngan could of explained it to him. 

• Like 2

Just now, NoBrain said:

You can't be serious! It was a waste of time reading your sources. Is nothing proved here or anywhere else. These are just interpretations, assumptions and theories. But if that convinced you is good enough :rolleyes:

So you never read the astronomy link.......

OK, I'm done......

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Piney said:

So you never read the astronomy link.......

OK, I'm done......

Well I quit there. Thank you for sharing

I think there is overwhelming cumulative evidence that alien abductions occur.

Papameter:  95% Alien Abductions Occur    5% All Hoax and Psychological Phenomena

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NoBrain said:

Abductees testimonies are just terrifying, they can't be all lies!

You are doing what is known as residualization.

Let me explain. The idea is that when there is a huge pile of stories people start to think that there must be some truth in there. There must be something that is not baloney.

The notion goes that if all of the lies, the baloney, the fakery, the hoaxes, the mistakes, the misunderstandings, etc. are removed from the enormous pile there must be some residue of events that are true. That residue is the result of residualization. Usually people cannot pick out the residue. They just imagine it exists. You see this in chemtrails, crop circles, bigfoot, etc.

Here you have actually identified a residue and I have to commend you for that.

I thank you for going where very few people go - pointing out the residue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, NoBrain said:

Hi NoBrain.

Part of the problem is being able to sort through the horse pucke and reality.

The video talks about 3 cases:

1. Strieber

2.Walton

3. Hills

The smart thing to do  is to assume that anything you are told is possibly  incorrect and that if people can demonstrate a reason to believe that there might be merit to their case.

In these 3 cases we have nothing but stories. There is no physical evidence at all. There are tales and tales are common. You dismiss the responses to these tales for the same reasons that people accept the tales.  You simply want to believe. That's fine.

I'd rather live in a world where i did not have to believe in people just because they told me a fanciful story. I'll bet there are plenty of people that wish they did not believe Bernie Madoff.  They saved all their life and were turned  into paupers by Madoff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think there is overwhelming cumulative evidence that alien abductions occur.

Papameter:  95% Alien Abductions Occur    5% All Hoax and Psychological Phenomena

There is nothing supporting alien abductions.

Papameter:0% abductions occur 100% waste of time

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The idea is that when there is a huge pile of stories people start to think that there must be some truth in there.

I know someone else who does that as well. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I know someone else who does that as well. 

I always think of the tale where all of the farmers bull doze manure into the world's biggest pile of s--- and then they stand back and think that there must be diamonds in there because there is no chance that a pile that big can be all s---

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

2.Walton

Interesting thing about that is they left the "Nordics" out of the movie because they knew how Goddamn racist it was. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NoBrain said:

Abductees testimonies are just terrifying, they can't be all lies!

if you feel a need to believe this stuff is real then who am I (or anyone else for that matter) to say you can't!?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1