Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien Abduction (3 Cases We Can't Dismiss)

NoBrain

10 hours ago, Dejarma said:

if you feel a need to believe this stuff is real then who am I (or anyone else for that matter) to say you can't!?

I never said I believe these cases because none of them are proven to really occurred. So let's deconstruct this in another way: Why they all lie then ? For fame, or money? From what I'm aware neither of them made $milions from their story. They had some interviews and some news papers write about it but all stoped there. Adding to this is the fact how they describe the events: At least in The Hill case you must be a very very good actor to interpret that situation or something very traumatic had really happened to them.
IDK...I'm just saying is hard to dismiss and to prove it at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They're not necessarily lying, though. 

It has been proven that false memories can be planted by overzealous hypnotherapists.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

They're not necessarily lying, though. 

It has been proven that false memories can be planted by overzealous hypnotherapists.

I was watching the new season of Helier and they did just that. They experimented with a friend who had never had any sort of contact phenomenon and generally didn’t think aliens visited earth. During a hypnotic regression they where able to implant a abduction scenario that he believed to be real and still suffered lingering effects from it years later.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Strangertruths said:

I was watching the new season of Helier and they did just that. They experimented with a friend who had never had any sort of contact phenomenon and generally didn’t think aliens visited earth. During a hypnotic regression they where able to implant a abduction scenario that he believed to be real and still suffered lingering effects from it years later.

A lot of these abduction experiences are likely sleep paralysis, as well. 

That's not saying they're not having experiences at all. They are having them, and they're as real to them as anything else. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Strangertruths said:

They were also using hypnotherapy to probe about sexual abuse and there are likely people today who still believe things happened to them that didn't. 

People know now not to ask leading questions.

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 1

Just now, GlitterRose said:

They were also using hypnotherapy to probe about sexual abuse and there are likely people today who still believe things happened to them that didn't. 

Exactly, was agreeing with the early sentiment that it seems to be easy for biased hypnotherapists to lead a session to fit what they want to happen and alter/create false memories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2020 at 5:55 AM, sci-nerd said:

Of course they can. 40 people wrote the bible, and that's all lies.

But the Qur'an is 100% "fact" though, right? A true atheist is wondering...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, NoBrain said:

I never said I believe these cases because none of them are proven to really occurred. So let's deconstruct this in another way: Why they all lie then ? For fame, or money? From what I'm aware neither of them made $milions from their story. They had some interviews and some news papers write about it but all stoped there. Adding to this is the fact how they describe the events: At least in The Hill case you must be a very very good actor to interpret that situation or something very traumatic had really happened to them.
IDK...I'm just saying is hard to dismiss and to prove it at the same time.

I said Strieber wasn't lying. I went through similar events after a mild stroke. But since I was born into a "Medicine" family and trained in "Shaman psychology", I knew what was going on. I even had the " clawed hand trying to get into the door"  dream experience which isn't uncommon with these types of manifestations. 

But that's all it was as with him. The manifestation of subconscious thoughtforms. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 1:47 AM, Piney said:

I said Strieber wasn't lying. I went through similar events after a mild stroke. But since I was born into a "Medicine" family and trained in "Shaman psychology", I knew what was going on. I even had the " clawed hand trying to get into the door"  dream experience which isn't uncommon with these types of manifestations. 

But that's all it was as with him. The manifestation of subconscious thoughtforms. 

I will share with you a personal story that have nothing to do with "subconscious thoughtforms" or "hypnosis". Few years ago I had a work colleague, we usually met on breaks and talk all kind of stuff. Until one day since I noticed a perfect straight, white scar on his hand (the type of scar left by incisions or glass). And that was not there before I can assure you because we used to shake hands everyday. So I ask the dude: "What happend with your hand?" and his answer blowed my mind "I was kidnap by aliens, they did this to me". So immediatly I started to laugh. But while I was fooling around I noticed that his face expresion did not changed a bit, he was serious like hell! So I asked him "Are you for real?" His answer was "Yes! They take me once in a while on their ship and do experiments". Still I'm not engaging and I was expecting from him to say at some point that it was a joke. In the meanwhile others are starting to join us but he dosen't changed a bit. So I asked him "Did you tell this someone else, have you done something about it?" his answer "No, because no one would belive me".   
Was not his story what impresed me, but the honesty in his voice and his face expresion, so as a last resort I told him: "If I call you for a polygraph test tommorow you will come?" His answer: "I will do a lie detector any time!".

1 minute ago, NoBrain said:

Was not his story what impresed me, but the honesty in his voice and his face expresion, so as a last resort I told him: "If I call you for a polygraph test tommorow you will come?" His answer: "I will do a lie detector any time!".

With our current medical technology we can do non-invasive tests and leave no scars.

A race that can break the laws of physics certainly can. 

I say repressed traumatic memory replacement.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

With our current medical technology we can do non-invasive tests and leave no scars.

A race that can break the laws of physics certainly can. 

I say repressed traumatic memory replacement.

I could not agree more. Whatever the causes for this alien abduction phenomenon is, real extraterrestrial beings abducting the locals has to be at the bottom of one seriously long list.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

I could not agree more. Whatever the causes for this alien abduction phenomenon is, real extraterrestrial beings abducting the locals has to be at the bottom of one seriously long list.

I've been reading up on Walton. In his case I'm going to have to agree with "theft of time". Some of the crap those non-guild redneck chuckleheads come up with to avoid work and make money anyway jives with his B.S. story. 

• Like 1