Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wuhan virus was built by lab ?

Great Old Man

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

China built the most dangerous pathogens lab in 2017.

A laboratory in Wuhan is on the cusp of being cleared to work with the world’s most dangerous pathogens

Some scientists outside China worry about pathogens escaping, and the addition of a biological dimension to geopolitical tensions between China and other nations. But Chinese microbiologists are celebrating their entrance to the elite cadre empowered to wrestle with the world’s greatest biological threats.

Future plans include studying the pathogen that causes SARS, which also doesn’t require a BSL-4 lab, 

But worries surround the Chinese lab, too. The SARS virus has escaped from high-level containment facilities in Beijing multiple times, notes Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University in Piscataway, New Jersey. Tim Trevan, founder of CHROME Biosafety and Biosecurity Consulting in Damascus, Maryland, says that an open culture is important to keeping BSL-4 labs safe, and he questions how easy this will be in China, where society emphasizes hierarchy.

Maybe WUHAN'S laboratory leaked some pathogens, therefore infected local animals (snake, bats)

and this incident happens.

23795084-7922379-image-a-8_1579817036564

Edited by Great Old Man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• The title was changed to Wuhan virus was built by lab ?
59 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

society emphasizes hierarchy.

Meritocracy, like Japan, which is how it should be. Not the "spoils system" like in the West.

1 hour ago, Great Old Man said:

Maybe WUHAN'S laboratory leaked some pathogens, therefore infected local animals (snake, bats)

Lets not jump yet. It's things like this that cause bad blood between nations. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Great Old Man said:

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

China built the most dangerous pathogens lab in 2017.

A laboratory in Wuhan is on the cusp of being cleared to work with the world’s most dangerous pathogens

Some scientists outside China worry about pathogens escaping, and the addition of a biological dimension to geopolitical tensions between China and other nations. But Chinese microbiologists are celebrating their entrance to the elite cadre empowered to wrestle with the world’s greatest biological threats.

Future plans include studying the pathogen that causes SARS, which also doesn’t require a BSL-4 lab, 

But worries surround the Chinese lab, too. The SARS virus has escaped from high-level containment facilities in Beijing multiple times, notes Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University in Piscataway, New Jersey. Tim Trevan, founder of CHROME Biosafety and Biosecurity Consulting in Damascus, Maryland, says that an open culture is important to keeping BSL-4 labs safe, and he questions how easy this will be in China, where society emphasizes hierarchy.

and this incident happens.

23795084-7922379-image-a-8_1579817036564

I would worry more about the river between the lab and the sea food market.  What is downstream???

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Meritocracy, like Japan, which is how it should be. Not the "spoils system" like in the West.

yes but it remains some curiosity. normal market doesn't make pathogen.

• Thanks 1

coronavirus-outbreak-started-secret-lab

China's deadly coronavirus outbreak has been linked to a secret lab created to study the world's most dangerous diseases, insiders have claimed.

Edited by Great Old Man
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

coronavirus-outbreak-started-secret-lab

China's deadly coronavirus outbreak has been linked to a secret lab created to study the world's most dangerous diseases, insiders haveclaimed.

Link?

36 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

yes but it remains some curiosity. normal market doesn't make pathogen.

Want to bet? Do you know how zoonosis works? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I agree we should not jump to conclusions, but this is something that does appear to be an important issue. Doesn't it seem a little strange that since 2003 all these new Viruses are suddenly appearing.  

Coronavirus outbreaks: it appears according to latest data that all these Viral infections originated by contact with Bats.

1) SARS first reported in China Nov 2002

2) MERS first reported in Saudi Arabia in Jun 2012

3) 2019-nCoV first reported in China Dec 2019

It appears that these Viral infections are becoming more and more common. The question is why now, are these Viruses suddenly mutating and infecting humans. These viruses have been carried by animals for hundreds of years, but now in the last 16 years they have started breaking the animal to human barrier. It should also be noted that these infections are occurring in parts of the world where health care is poor, and poverty is rife. Time will tell how bad this is going to become, but we have to face the fact that this only the beginning. 

Peace

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree we should not jump to conclusions, but this is something that does appear to be an important issue. Doesn't it seem a little strange that since 2003 all these new Viruses are suddenly appearing.  

Dieback cycle, a natural occurrence with large populations. Viruses are opportunists. 

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Coronavirus outbreaks: it appears according to latest data that all these Viral infections originated by contact with Bats.

But it's a common virus which jumps around in mammals. It's common in dogs and a "timebomb" waiting to happen. 

15 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It appears that these Viral infections are becoming more and more common. The question is why now, are these Viruses suddenly mutating and infecting humans.

Same reason why diseases suddenly blossom in all overlarge populations. See above.

Medical researchers have seen this coming for years. They just don't want panic. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

coronavirus-outbreak-started-secret-lab China's deadly coronavirus outbreak has been linked to a secret lab created to study the world'smost dangerous diseases, insiders have claimed

^^Unnecessary, meaningless and misleading comment in a Yellow Press fashion.

• The Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory wasnt and isnt a "secret lab".
  • It was known to the global public for years that the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory is working with dangerous agents, up to BSL4. Thats why it was founded.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, toast said:

^ Yellow Press fashion.

Korean Christian fashion. Everybody else is the "bad guy". They can't take religion out of their politics and alienated themselves from the other major Asian nations.

Sound familiar? 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Piney said:

Korean Christian fashion. Everybody else is the "bad guy". They can't take religion out of their politics and alienated themselves from the other major Asian nations.

Sound familiar? 

It appears your talking about the Christian Zionist involvement in our own political system, and foreign policy.:D Are you talking the current President Moon Jae In?

peace. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Dieback cycle, a natural occurrence with large populations. Viruses are opportunists. 

But it's a common virus which jumps around in mammals. It's common in dogs and a "timebomb" waiting to happen. 

Same reason why diseases suddenly blossom in all overlarge populations. See above.

Medical researchers have seen this coming for years. They just don't want panic. 

Maybe they need to start taking things more seriously, I agree panic isn't the way to handle things.

peace

• Like 4

One thing that interesting, China is blocking all social media traffic in and out of the affected areas. I hope this doesn't signal another a cover up like they did when the SARS Virus occurred in 2002. It seams that if they had nothing to hide they would be far more open to allowing information to flow out of the infected areas, which at this time they are not.

Peace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Realistically,  what country doesn't have at least one lab like this?  You think the CDC isn't doing experiments on viruses and bacteria?  People playing around things like this are just playing with fire, no matter what country is doing it 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I hope a butterfingered Chinese lab worker didn't drop a flask of the stuff.

Here's the prophetic episode #1 of Survivors (1975), the opening credits say it all, but keep watching if you like, for a step-by-step analysis of how a world pandemic unfolds..

Edited by Crikey
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

One thing that interesting, China is blocking all social media traffic in and out of the affected areas. I hope this doesn't signal another a cover up like they did when the SARS Virus occurred in 2002. It seams that if they had nothing to hide they would be far more open to allowing information to flow out of the infected areas, which at this time they are not.

Peace.

If they're really locking down 35 million citizens then there's something about this we aren't being told.  With the media being as irresponsible today as they've become, I kind of assume they're hyping the doom and gloom for ratings.  I hope so, anyway. :( 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Realistically,  what country doesn't have at least one lab like this?  You think the CDC isn't doing experiments on viruses and bacteria?  People playing around things like this are just playing with fire, no matter what country is doing it 

I got the impression that the WHO and CDC were worried about this particular lab not because it wasn't constructed with all the modern safeguards but more because of the government running it and the potential lack of honesty by the lab workers if they made an error that could cause a breach.  That's what I understood.  Also, when a new infection appears in close proximity to such a lab, people will naturally make a connection.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Crikey said:

Here's the prophetic episode #1 of Survivors (1975), the opening credits say it all, but keep watching if you like, for a step-by-step analysis of how a world pandemic unfolds..

thanks for that.... I watched the series back in 1975 and although I remember it being good and leaving
an impression I had forgotten all the details and characters...

I wonder if any more of the series is available on line (I haven't looked yet)

one thing we have to wonder more about now.... is would something like this be done on purpose
rather than by accident.... population reduction .... ??? creating chaos that could herald in a World
Government that would, by it's very nature need to be Authoritarian and Dictatorial.......

???

• Like 3

12 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Realistically,  what country doesn't have at least one lab like this? 

194 countries on this planet, approximately 18 of them operate BSL4 labs, thats <10%. One is in my home town at the BNITM , in total we have 4 BSL4 labs here in Germany.

You think the CDC isn't doing experiments on viruses and bacteria?  People playing around things like this are just playing with fire, no matter what country is doing it 

No, experiments and research on deadly diseases isnt a kind of game. It is important research with very clear targets: to identify its triggers, developing options for diagnosis, developing options for prevention, looking for treatments and vaccines against the illness/epidemics.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Crikey said:

1 hour ago, bee said:

I wonder if any more of the series is available on line (I haven't looked yet)

just had a look and the other episodes are on the same channel...

I'm going to watch the whole series again... 
there may be very useful info in it... you know... tips and whatnot just in case..

in that first episode the scene where the guy layed it out how utterly interdependent we all
are... was good... how we have lost all the skills and knowledge to make most things ourselves...

"could you even make a candle...?" he asked the main character who had survived a bout of
the virus... and he said that at best he could make a stone tool...

and that scene in London when the woman just about escaped being sexually assaulted and raped
by a random group of men who were emboldened by the collapse of law and order... that was a
cautionary tale.. and that was the 1970's.... forward to 2020. and I don't think she would have got
away so easily.. let's put it like this... in 2020 there are more diverse groups vying for power and
control who would use a power vacuum to further what they want,,

anyway thanks again for putting the first in the series up .... lots of little thoughtful twists in it like when
that man died clutching a bag and when the woman opened it it was full of money.. but what good was
money then... no good at all...

Survivors; Eps 2. Genesis

other episodes on the same channel...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Actually Wuhan virology lab is the highest level of Virology lab, where 52 lab exist all around the world, and they researched Corona Virus-SARS mainly.

Wuhan virology lab was level three in 2017, but they pushed level four lab so fast( compare to japan invest 52 years to build perfect safe level three lab to four.

I know what you are saying, I totally understand. However, this incident seems like bio hazard and too fast to be seen as natural disease.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

Wuhan virology lab was level three in 2017, but they pushed level four lab so fast( compare to japan invest 52 years to build perfect safe level three lab to four.

Japan didnt "invested" 52 years to upgrade to BSL4. The construction, technology and set-up of a BSL4 lab isnt rocket science, the knowledge about the how-to isnt classified and it is available without restrictions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, toast said:

Japan didnt "invested" 52 years to upgrade to BSL4. The construction, technology and set-up of a BSL4 lab isnt rocket science, the knowledge about the how-to isnt classified and it is available without restrictions. 

The Korean media is the "Fox News" of Asia but it's far, far worse. I use to think it was funny, but now it's just nauseating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

Actually Wuhan virology lab is the highest level of Virology lab, where 52 lab exist all around the world, and they researched Corona Virus-SARS mainly.

Besides Corona, the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory is doing research on SARS, Zika, Ebola and a lot of other infectious disease pathogens. Can you please provide a report, published by the Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory, which confirm the most lab hours are spend on research on the Corona pathogen?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1