Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wuhan virus was built by lab ?

Great Old Man

34 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well.. yes. And Corona is a brand of a popular fizzy orange drink in the UK. It is also the name for a nimbus of light surrounding the sun. 

And Great Old Man is an anagram of "Lo  - Drama Gent". 

What is your point ? :) 

Here an interesting point. The Chinese version of the CDC is currently using HIV Drugs to treat the Coronavirus:  The Chinese government suggested last week that taking two lopinavir/ritonavir pills and inhaling a dose of nebulized alpha-interferon twice a day could benefit these patients.

Here a link were they talk about this.     https://www.biospace.com/article/abbvie-to-donate-hiv-drug-to-china-as-potential-treatment-for-coronavirus/

Peace

• Like 5

On 1/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, Manwon Lender said:

I agree we should not jump to conclusions, but this is something that does appear to be an important issue. Doesn't it seem a little strange that since 2003 all these new Viruses are suddenly appearing.  

Coronavirus outbreaks: it appears according to latest data that all these Viral infections originated by contact with Bats.

1) SARS first reported in China Nov 2002

2) MERS first reported in Saudi Arabia in Jun 2012

3) 2019-nCoV first reported in China Dec 2019

It appears that these Viral infections are becoming more and more common. The question is why now, are these Viruses suddenly mutating and infecting humans. These viruses have been carried by animals for hundreds of years, but now in the last 16 years they have started breaking the animal to human barrier. It should also be noted that these infections are occurring in parts of the world where health care is poor, and poverty is rife. Time will tell how bad this is going to become, but we have to face the fact that this only the beginning. 

Peace

These days, we are identifying and giving name to sickness that was all classified to be the flu a while ago... they have more or less the same symptom but lethality vary. Technology evolved and probably we got some pandemia from these some time ago but not identified it.

Virus Death Rate (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/)

Wuhan Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) 2%*
SARS 10%
MERS 34%
Swine Flu 0.02%
Seasonal Flu <0.01%

And don't forget that Influenza h1n1 (swine flu) attained 20% death rate in the pandemic influenza Spanish flu 1918 in some region....
Edited by Jon the frog
  • Thanks 1

So, let do a quick wrap up then, shall we?

Could this pandemic be man-made and have been accidentally / deliberately released?  Short answer - yes.

How likely is this?  Not at all likely as the same thing can occur quite naturally.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

Could this pandemic be man-made and have been accidentally / deliberately released?  Short answer - yes.

How likely is this?  Not at all likely as the same thing can occur quite naturally.

Well, yeah.

Sure, it "could" be man made.

But viruses wildly mutate as a matter of course in nature. And give rise to all manner of infectious things without any human intervention. It's their nature.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 8:55 AM, Great Old Man said:

One research paper claims that this virus is unlikely to be fortuitous in nature. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.30.927871v1

This paper has been withdrawn by its authors. They intend to revise it in response to comments received from the research community on their technical approach and their interpretation of the results. If you have any questions, please contact the corresponding author.

Link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/1/2020 at 9:49 AM, Manwon Lender said:

One correction there Partner, the word Hangul means language ( Korean Language ), the word for Korean people or person is 

( Hangug) which is pronounced Hanguk.

Peace

...maybe you could help Old Man out with some of that grammar and spelling knowledge.

—Jaylemurph

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

...maybe you could help Old Man out with some of that grammar and spelling knowledge.

—Jaylemurph

That may be difficult to do. I'm almost Fluent in Korean though. I have been married to a South Korean since 1986, I spent 3 years there during my Army career, and we just returned to the United States,12/04/2019 after moving there 12/15/2013. Korean is my third language German being my first, with English as a second. While in Korea I didn't have time to teach English, I was moving back in forth from Korea to the Middle East. 

peace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Obviousman said:

The likelihood that this Virus is Bio-Engineered isn't at all likely. These new Viruses are just natures way of telling us that we are not always at the top of the food chain, so to speak. These Viral threats have been around since the beginning of mankind, the only difference today is that we live in such close proximity to each other. In the past a Viral infection like this may kill a village or small town and burn itself out simply because there was no one else to infect.

In other situations a Virus like this would kill and spread until it would mutate and become more like a common Flu where it didn't kill, it only made those infected sick. This is how over time the human race built immunity to such Viruses, and the illnesses became seasonal events. Then In the early twentieth century we had the first recorded Pandemics:

1). The first occurred in 1918 and to this day it is unknown why the infection was so uncharacteristic and deadly. The Virus responsible was H1N1 and is was another Virus like the current one that jumped the Avian-Human barrier. It's estimated that 500 million were infected and 50 million died Worldwide.

2)  Then in 1957-1958 another Viral Pandemic occurred. They called this Virus the Asian Flu, and it was another new Viral infection that crossed the Avian-Human barrier. This Virus became known H2N2 and it was pretty unique, because it had 3 separate Avian Genes unlike the more common H2N2 Virus that only had a single Avian Gene. This new Virus killed 1.1 million people Worldwide.

3). Then in 1968 a new Viral Pandemic also an Avian Virus came upon the scene, and it was found in the United States. This Avian Virus became known as H3N2 and it had 2 specific Avian genes, one of which was from the H2N2 Virus from 1957-1958. This Virus killed approximately 1 million people Worldwide before it abated. But this Virus never went away, it mutated and is still a common form of seasonal Flu.

4). Then in 2009  another viral pandemic came along it turned out to be new version of the Avian H1N1 virus and it also first appeared in the United States. This was another completely new Viral  strain that had Genes never seen in animals or humans. This Virus was given the designation Influenza A (H1N1)pdm09 Virus. This Virus ran its course between April 2009 and April 2010, and the CDC estimates that between 151,700 and 575,400 people died Worldwide. 

5). Now we have the 2019-nCoV Acute Respriatory Disease that is also technically also at this time what would be called a Pandemic. This Virus us also an Avian Virus, that has been identified as coming from Bats. This Virus was first seen in China between November and December 2019. To date there has been close to 400 reported deaths, with around 12000 infected Worldwide. At this time there is no end to this Virus in sight, however, at this point it is the least serious infection of any of those listed above. The Death toll of this Virus is directly related to individuals with compromised immune systems, or those who have current infections of their lungs in addition to the Virus.

When all of this is considered the chance that this Virus could have been man made is not really possible. Unfortunately these Viruses are naturally occurring and they appear to be getting more frequent, now whether this is due to nature becoming unbalanced by mans hand or not we may never know.

Peace

• Like 2

WHO Situation Report 

02/02/2020

Currently one of the more serious problems the World Health Organization is facing is the INFODEMIC. Below is their explanation of what this means, and the importance of squashing rumors.

Managing the 2019-nCoV ‘infodemic’

The 2019-nCoV outbreak and response has been accompanied by a massive ‘infodemic’ - an over-abundance of information some accurate and some not that makes it hard for people to find trustworthy sources and reliable guidance when they need it.

Due to the high demand for timely and trustworthy information about 2019-nCoV, WHO technical risk communication and social media teams have been working closely to track and respond to myths and rumours. Through its headquarters in Geneva, its six regional offices and its partners, the Organization is working 24 hours a day to identify the most prevalent rumours that can potentially harm the public’s health, such as false prevention measures or cures. These myths are then refuted with evidence-based information. WHO is making public health information and advice on the 2019-nCoV, including myth busters, available on its social media channels (including Weibo, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest) and website

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/

Peace

• Thanks 2

Situation Report on the 2019-nCoV Acute Respiratory Disease

02/03/2020

As of today 02/03/2020 there are 3 new cases in the United States bring the total up to 11, all 3 new cases are in California. The World Wide number infected has reached 17,489 and the death toll has reached 362. 

More to follow.

Peace

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

02/03/2020

As of today 02/03/2020 there are 3 new cases in the United States bring the total up to 11, all 3 new cases are in California. The World Wide number infected has reached 17,489 and the death toll has reached 362. 

More to follow.

Peace

Sure. Teh US has a population of 3 and China has a population of 5. Those are all dead. Shall we panic now?

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

WHO Situation Report 

02/02/2020

Currently one of the more serious problems the World Health Organization is facing is the INFODEMIC. Below is their explanation of what this means, and the importance of squashing rumors.

Managing the 2019-nCoV ‘infodemic’

The 2019-nCoV outbreak and response has been accompanied by a massive ‘infodemic’ - an over-abundance of information some accurate and some not that makes it hard for people to find trustworthy sources and reliable guidance when they need it.

Due to the high demand for timely and trustworthy information about 2019-nCoV, WHO technical risk communication and social media teams have been working closely to track and respond to myths and rumours. Through its headquarters in Geneva, its six regional offices and its partners, the Organization is working 24 hours a day to identify the most prevalent rumours that can potentially harm the public’s health, such as false prevention measures or cures. These myths are then refuted with evidence-based information. WHO is making public health information and advice on the 2019-nCoV, including myth busters, available on its social media channels (including Weibo, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest) and website

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/

Peace

Thanks for that link @Manwon Lender. It is VERY helpful. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Abaddonire said:

Sure. Teh US has a population of 3 and China has a population of 5. Those are all dead. Shall we panic now?

Please explain, I sorry I don't understand what your saying.

Peace

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Thanks for that link @Manwon Lender. It is VERY helpful. :) 

Your very welcome.

Peace

• Like 1

Or put it another way. Over 100 years ago the Spanish flu wiped out millions for b***** all reason, It simply happened because a virus mutated and we got toasted. And then that virus vanished without trace. 

A couple of hundred deaths is in a poor place by comparison when millions are in play.

That may seem callous, I do not intend it that way. Any individual death is a tragedy. I have buried enough family members. But sheer weight of numbers will always win in the long haul.

2 hours ago, Abaddonire said:

Or put it another way. Over 100 years ago the Spanish flu wiped out millions for b***** all reason, It simply happened because a virus mutated and we got toasted. And then that virus vanished without trace. 

A couple of hundred deaths is in a poor place by comparison when millions are in play.

That may seem callous, I do not intend it that way. Any individual death is a tragedy. I have buried enough family members. But sheer weight of numbers will always win in the long haul.

The Virus from the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic didn't disappear it is still around today. The Virus responsible was the H1N1 Virus that caused that mutated again and turned up again 2009 to 2010. It's was a mutated version of the Spanish Flu that was another new Virus, that killed between 151,700 to 575,400 world wide.

Peace

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

02/03/2020

More to follow.

Peace

Update as of 02/03/2020 5:35 PM

As of this evening at 5:35 PM the current death toll has risen to 426 people world wide. Currently the number of infected world wide has also risen to 20,571 with no end Insight.

More to follow.

Peace

2 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

india news media claimed that wuhan coronavirus is bioweapon

Alberto M. (33), Spain, claimed to have seen Elvis in Barcelona last Sunday.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Great Old Man said:

https://greatgameindia.com/coronavirus-bioweapon/

india news media claimed that wuhan coronavirus is bioweapon 

Fact... or bull****?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jan/28/blog-posting/websites-spin-conspiracy-theory-about-coronavirus-/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, toast said:

Utter RUBBISH. And it is irresponsible to joke about this matter. :angry:

Anyway, I happen to know he was in Oslo all last week ! :D

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, toast said:

Seriously. I mean, if a poorly-produced YouTube video says so...

—Jaylemurph 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if this virus is really an engineered bio weapon or not of course, but I don't think it is all that unlikely as many seem to think.

I just find it interesting that you have so many wealthy and powerful people, that repeatedly say the world population needs to be reduced, but the masses seem to act like those same people aren't actively doing things to reduce it. And even though, there is fact check sites saying that Event 201 run by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation in coordination with the WEF and John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, wasn't a predictive scenario of this virus, I personally, find it quite odd and suspect. Especially since Bill Gates is one of those rich and powerful people that say the global population needs to be reduced.

Furthermore, the idea that seems to be floating now that viruses can't really be engineered in such fashion, seems suspect to me with CRISPR technology and the multitude of level 4 bio labs across the world and at least some of those more than likely working on viruses for military applications and scenarios.

I will say that if at the end of this virus run if it gets close to the numbers and endemic conditions that the "simulated" virus in event 201 did, well I will just believe what I believe and the authorities, media and experts can say whatever they want to say.

Edited by WanderingFool0
correction

42 minutes ago, WanderingFool0 said:

Event 201 run by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation in coordination with the WEF and John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, wasn't a predictive scenario of this virus, I personally, find it quite odd and suspect.

Again, facts got bended to the benefit of a stupid CT. 201 wasnt run by the Bill&Melinda Foundation. It was run by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, in cooperation with the Bill&Melinda Foundation and the WEF.

Especially since Bill Gates is one of those rich and powerful people that say the global population needs to be reduced.

Yeah, thats why Microsoft is working on the development of Death Star 2.0, I´ve heard from reliable sources.