Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God (Ask Me Anything)

Herbert Sanders

It is my presumption that the notion of God(no matter the tradition) comes from a deep understanding of duality, the paradox it brings and how it plays out in life. Of course my understanding is limited as a human being but I have delved deep enough into the mysteries to know a bit more then the ordinary bloke. I invite you all to take a stab to see how long I can remain compelling.

Edited by Mark Sanders
  • Haha 4

AMA ?

How did humans come into existence?

21 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

How did humans come into existence?

Every tradition has their own cosmology. They set it up as base and go from there to explain how life is impacted and what to favor from a moral sense. The position that I get from even the Abrahamic religions is that of spiritual evolution which includes the topics of reincarnation and karmic debt.

To understand these notions better I think it is important to understand the nature of '12'

And so I will start by demonstrating that 12 comes from the concept of duality.

We can all observe the seasons come and go every year. Relative to our position the sun ascends and descends to and from us as the summer and winter season. And every season has an ascending, apex and descending portion. So with fours seasons we get 12 months. We can see this also from a more abstract perspective. Draw two circles next to each other but attached and with a center dot, they represent the nature of duality and our inner/outer perspective. Now slide the two circles over eachother and note the logical barriers it passes.

1. the circles are simply touching, no overlap
  2. the circles overlap but in close proximity to the periphery
  3. the circles overlap but the periphery is near the center of the adjacent circle
  4. the circles overlap and the periphery is on top the adjacent cricle's center
  5. the circles overlap and the periphery is past the adjacent circle's center but in close proximity
  6. the circles overlap and the centers are in close proximity
  7. the circles overlap and the centers overlap (same as 1 but at a 90 degree angle)
  8. the circles overlap and the centers are in close proximity
  9. the circles overlap and the periphery is past the adjacent circle's center but in close proximity
  10. the circles overlap and the periphery is on top the adjacent cricle's center
  11. the circles overlap but the periphery is near the center of the adjacent circle
  12. the circles overlap but in close proximity to the periphery
  13. the circles are simply touching, no overlap (Full circle)

When we open our eyes to the cycles of life we can see it play out before our eyes. And throughout the ordinances of the twelve, begotten from their relative positions, we get a logical construct by which we are bound to through reason. The traditions have related the 7 observable lights to rule the 12 sections in a circle. It is interesting that their order is such: sun, mercury, venus, moon, mars, jupiter, saturn. When we look at our position as that of the moon as a center. and we move left we go to the comfortable side of things, when we move right we get the more harsh side of things. And so too in alchemy we have this duality going on in the planet's ordinances, male and female. So in this sense we humans are created in the likeness of God, being able to understand its nature and to be colored in such fashion. If you are asking what process happened billions of years ago that landed us here, that is beyond the scope of my understanding.

Edited by Mark Sanders

9 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Every tradition has their own cosmology. They set it up as base and go from there to explain how life is impacted and what to favor from a moral sense. The position that I get from even the Abrahamic religions is that of spiritual evolution which includes the topics of reincarnation and karmic debt.

So you can't answer the question?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Rlyeh said:

So you can't answer the question?

Science and religion are not two mutually exclusive schools of thought, both aim to gain in understanding but by different means. Science can only go so far, same goes for doctrine. Your question has been answered to the extend that it can be answered. The problem with you is that you are divided and can't see from a single mind.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Science and religion are not two mutually exclusive schools of thought, both aim to gain in understanding but by different means. Science can only go so far, same goes for doctrine. Your question has been answered to the extend that it can be answered. The problem with you is that you are divided and can't see from a single mind.

Congratulations you have moved the goal post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

I asked how something happened and you gave some astrological gibberish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

People can ask you anything but that doesn't mean you'll give a response that resembles an answer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Roy Perry said:

Do you believe in 100% percent in God I can Not how  about you

thank you Roy

I believe in what I can understand and I think the same would hold for you. God can not be known for 100% but if I can only understand a fraction of his workings then that is enough for me to question him so that I may understand more.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark Sanders said:

It is my presumption that the notion of God(no matter the tradition) comes from a deep understanding of duality, the paradox it brings and how it plays out in life. Of course my understanding is limited as a human being but I have delved deep enough into the mysteries to know a bit more then the ordinary bloke. I invite you all to take a stab to see how long I can remain compelling.

Sure.  Question number 1. 

Why do you think, or how do you know that a being people call “God” exists?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Sure.  Question number 1. 

Why do you think, or how do you know that a being people call “God” exists?

Could you clarify? I don't understand what you mean by a being people.

God is something that we refer to as God, it is more like a structure. It is exists as we exist we are as much a part of it as it is a part of us. If matter has anti-matter and the earth exists should we question(and dismiss) why matter exists? Or start to question it more deeply(for further study?).

Edited by Mark Sanders
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark Sanders said:

Question: If you were to recommend just one must read book what would it be and why? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

God is something that we refer to as God, it is more like a structure. It is exists as we exist we are as much a part of it as it is a part of us. If matter has anti-matter and the earth exists should we question(and dismiss) why matter exists? Or start to question it more deeply(for further study?).

The question wasn't difficult. How do you know that god exist? Why do you think it is so? Not exactly level 99 difficulty.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Question: If you were to recommend just one must read book what would it be and why? 

Depends on the goal. For me, I started out as an atheist, I questioned the structure of society going into occult matters. My line of reasoning was "if this is the book that they go by, then I need to understand it before I dismiss it". Once I had grasped the checkmate position biblical literature presents I understood that the battle was within and not without. I moved to the tragedies, think Homer or Dante. Trying to understand emotions and the transformation of them. There are many fields to get information from even the lates Gaga music video's or sports, if one has their eyes open. I think it is best to keep an open mind, learn to listen.

If there are 'deep wouds' that would help. Light enters the wound they say.

Edited by Mark Sanders
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Depends on the goal. For me, I started out as an atheist, I questioned the structure of society going into occult matters. My line of reasoning was "if this is the book that they go by, then I need tonunderstand it before I dismiss it". Once I had grasped the checkmate position biblical literature presents I understood that the battle was within and not without. I moved to the tragedies, think Homer or Dante. Trying to understand emotions and transformation of them. There are many fields to get information from even the lates Gaga music video's or sports if one has their eyes open. I think it is best to keep an open mind, learn to listen.

“Learn to listen” excellent advice. And look for the value in all paths even if it is just not what to do. 

I would recommend ‘Man’s Search for Meaning,” for you. Just based on your response I think you would come away richer for reading this profound book that is if you have not already read it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

“Learn to listen” excellent advice. And look for the value in all paths even if it is just not what to do. 

I would recommend ‘Man’s Search for Meaning,” for you. Just based on your response I think you would come away richer for reading this profound book that is if you have not already read it. 

Thank you for the tip, I will look into it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The question wasn't difficult. How do you know that god exist? Why do you think it is so? Not exactly level 99 difficulty.

I do not want to imply to be a zen master but this story might help you to reflect on your position:

Once upon a time, there was a wise Zen master. People traveled from far away to seek his help. In return, he would teach them and show them the way to enlightenment.

On this particular day, a scholar came to visit the master for advice. “I have come to ask you to teach me about Zen,” the scholar said.

Soon, it became obvious that the scholar was full of his own opinions and knowledge. He interrupted the master repeatedly with his own stories and failed to listen to what the master had to say. The master calmly suggested that they should have tea.

So the master poured his guest a cup. The cup was filled, yet he kept pouring until the cup overflowed onto the table, onto the floor, and finally onto the scholar’s robes. The scholar cried “Stop! The cup is full already. Can’t you see?”

“Exactly,” the Zen master replied with a smile. “You are like this cup — so full of ideas that nothing more will fit in. Come back to me with an empty cup.”

image%20(78)_1.png?itok=oYga24PH

Edited by Mark Sanders
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mark Sanders said:

I say people because there are so many religious people in the world (billions) who view God as an actual person...or more accurately a heavenly being, or Heavenly Father, even as we are earthly beings referred to as human beings.  To view God as a system would be different than that...and since I thought you were a Christian, I find your answer unusual.

Not that I have a problem with that because it is one possible way to view God, but not one that I personally accept or reject at this time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Sanders said:

Depends on the goal. For me, I started out as an atheist, I questioned the structure of society going into occult matters. My line of reasoning was "if this is the book that they go by, then I need to understand it before I dismiss it". Once I had grasped the checkmate position biblical literature presents I understood that the battle was within and not without. I moved to the tragedies, think Homer or Dante. Trying to understand emotions and the transformation of them. There are many fields to get information from even the lates Gaga music video's or sports, if one has their eyes open. I think it is best to keep an open mind, learn to listen.

If there are 'deep wouds' that would help. Light enters the wound they say.

Mark, what is your path?

15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I say people because there are so many religious people in the world (billions) who view God as an actual person...or more accurately a heavenly being, or Heavenly Father, even as we are earthly beings referred to as human beings.  To view God as a system would be different than that...and since I thought you were a Christian, I find your answer unusual.

Not that I have a problem with that because it is one possible way to view God, but not one that I personally accept or reject at this time.

Ok yeah I'm a bit odd in that sense I never follow the well-trodden path. From my perspective, as a system, and correlating to the heavens above, there is just one system. Simply many explanations. Terms like heavenly father would still apply as would the character of Jesus.

But it is still really easy to idolize that system and be wrong. Live and let live does not mean to go out predicting tomorrow for example.

Edited by Mark Sanders
  • Like 1