Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God (Ask Me Anything)

Herbert Sanders

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Mark, what is your path?

Can anyone really know one's path? Today I might think it is this and then life throws a curve ball and I was wrong. I dunno I just follow what interests me.

• Like 2

Just now, Mark Sanders said:

Can anyone really know one's path? Today I might think it is this and then life throws a curve ball and I was wrong. I dunno I just follow what interests me.

Gotcha, as seeking one or just finding the value in them all? 

You said you were Atheist, what changed? 

14 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Gotcha, as seeking one or just finding the value in them all? 

You said you were Atheist, what changed? 

Seeking one, value in all. Yes to both. Truth is singular but sharded, everyone looks through a different piece of glass.

For 2/3 of my life I was an atheist then I understood we were all running around in circles :lol:

And thinking about circles we go up, and down, and up again. But you need to accept going down as well because if you do not and want to go up prematurely, guess what? You'll be cut down. Like planting off season.

Edited by Mark Sanders

1 hour ago, Mark Sanders said:

I do not want to imply to be a zen master but this story might help you to reflect on your position:

You don't know my position. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark Sanders said:

Ask me anything

Dear God, please tell us exactly why you sent Jesus to earth.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You don't know my position. 

Nihilism poisons positive attitude. It is true, I do not know you. I do think that our views are very much opposed as they seem to clash at every sentence. It takes courage to open up to new possibilities but that is something for you alone to consider.

8 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Nihilism poisons positive attitude. It is true, I do not know you. I do think that our views are very much opposed as they seem to clash at every sentence. It takes courage to open up to new possibilities but that is something for you alone to consider.

Yeah, no. I played the belief game for too many years. Eventually I realized it was just that, a belief. The idea of god is just an idea. And that is all we have. So god is this or god is that. God is something we as a species created. Nihilism is accepting that there is no 'truth'. All is subjective.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Why did God create a world that has so much suffering and evil in it?

Evil comes with a material existence, it encourages the unjust by temptation. It suppresses the innocent and brings affliction.

However with time the tides do turn. And cycles repeat. Evil has to be overcome by bravery. Spirit over matter.

Edited by Mark Sanders
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah, no. I played the belief game for too many years. Eventually I realized it was just that, a belief. The idea of god is just an idea. And that is all we have. So god is this or god is that. God is something we as a species created. Nihilism is accepting that there is no 'truth'. All is subjective.

Yet all point upward. It is only when you are in a dark place and sincerely seek out that you can see the dimm light. False notions are blinding. (Not to say I have 100% truth, but the bread crumb trail of truth is subtle)

I understand the notion that all is subjective but I have rejected that.

Edited by Mark Sanders

5 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Yet all point upward. It is only when you are in a dark place and sincerely seek out that you can see the dimm light.

I understand the notion that all is subjective but I have rejected that.

And that is your reality tunnel. Know this, what you believe is on you. It does not mean it is true. Especially in regards to all people. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And that is your reality tunnel. Know this, what you believe is on you. It does not mean it is true. Especially in regards to all people. 

Agreed what I know is on me. But some common sense matters, or matters of science can be safely distributed as knowledge.

Truth from a religious context deserves scrutiny, not persecution. Truth is truth.

It is up to those who 'believe' something to be true to make it concrete and undeniably so. And to translate it for ELI5 situations.

Edited by Mark Sanders

2 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Agreed what I know is on me. But some common sense matters, or matters of science can be safely distributed as knowledge.

Truth from a religious context deserves scrutiny, not persecution. Truth is truth.

It is up to those who 'believe' something to be true to make it concrete and undeniably so.

There is no truth to religion. It is only a belief. A belief that people often wish to validate using science. I had thought about cutting believers some slack, be a bit more understanding in regards to their faith. I see now such a stance would be a mistake on my part. 

• Haha 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

There is no truth to religion. It is only a belief. A belief that people often wish to validate using science. I had thought about cutting believers some slack, be a bit more understanding in regards to their faith. I see now such a stance would be a mistake on my part. 

Don't you see the hypocrisy in that statement? From the start the door is closed, how is that cutting some slack? Taking a step back only to throw down the gauntlet at a later time is not very welcoming and imo not the same as cutting some slack.

1 hour ago, Mark Sanders said:

Seeking one, value in all. Yes to both. Truth is singular but sharded, everyone looks through a different piece of glass.

For 2/3 of my life I was an atheist then I understood we were all running around in circles :lol:

And thinking about circles we go up, and down, and up again. But you need to accept going down as well because if you do not and want to go up prematurely, guess what? You'll be cut down. Like planting off season.

Whose we? You as in the general form?

1 minute ago, Mark Sanders said:

Don't you see the hypocrisy in that statement? From the start the door is closed, how is that cutting some slack? Taking a step back only to throw down the gauntlet at a later time is not very welcoming and imo not the same as cutting some slack.

The door is closed because after 20 or so years of testing God, there was nothing. No angels, no demons, no spirits, nothing but figments of the human imagination. I did more than most people in regards to faith. The result, disappointment. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

It is up to those who 'believe' something to be true to make it concrete and undeniably so. And to translate it for ELI5 situations.

Can you expand on truth is truth?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Whose we? You as in the general form?

In my realization? All of mankind. Not literal circles but by acting out life. Same mistakes made etc. The idea of spiritual evolution is that you will take steps for better or worse but until you do you are stuck in a loop. This is a thought form that I think best describes what I mean.

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The door is closed because after 20 or so years of testing God, there was nothing. No angels, no demons, no spirits, nothing but figments of the human imagination. I did more than most people in regards to faith. The result, disappointment. 

And by being the observer you are sure you didnt influence the tests? But ok best to you.

35 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Evil comes with a material existence, it encourages the unjust by temptation. It suppresses the innocent and brings affliction.

However with time the tides do turn. And cycles repeat. Evil has to be overcome by bravery. Spirit over matter.

Not bad.  Pretty...pretty good.  Good answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Can you expand on truth is truth?

If something is undeniably so then it could be regarded as true. Not only as a belief but we should be able to observe this over time.

5 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

If something is undeniably so then it could be regarded as true. Not only as a belief but we should be able to observe this over time.

Facts?

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Facts?

Yes I am talking facts. But facts do not directly imply causality we might be stuck with correlation and probability.

Edited by Mark Sanders

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

X.  What is the inspiration for the  new avatars as of late?