Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man behind exotic US Navy patents speaks out

UM-Bot

Hope he has a security team because Russia, China, North Korea would love to take him to their countries. Hes probably in a underground bunker creating new technology right now. When youre that intelligent it doesnt go unnoticed. Good thing hes on our side

Edited by AllPossible

I knew I'd kept my Third Year Plasma Physics notes for a reason.  I didn't understand them then, and they still make no sense at all, but they remind me of how complicated the process is.  Having admitted that, I'm still prepared to say that the abstract here https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8871349 is - to my amateur eye - a non-starter.

'All' fusion needs is very high temperatures and very high pressures.  This increases the chances of positively charged nuclei approaching each other close enough to fuse together, which releases a large amount of nuclear binding energy as heat.  if you can extract the heat from the resultant plasma you have achieved energy gain.

As far as I recall, the main way to achieve both (high temp and high pressure) is to create a torus (doughnut) shaped magnetic field with ionised deuterium and tritium (isotopes of hydrogen) confined within it.  Suddenly increasing the magnetic field crushes the plasma into a tiny loop through the centre of the torus.  This is quite a lot harder than it sounds, but clever people are getting better at the technology, materials and computing needed to achieve this.

Salvatore's design for rotating 'dynamic fusors' to create and regulate the magnetic field bothers me as I can't see how spinning a charged metal cone produces anything other than a static magnetic field.  To compress the plasma to the required densities needs the magnetic field to increase thousands-fold.  This would require either the surface charge to increase or the fusors to rotate more rapidly, neither of which is mentioned in the abstract.  The high-energy electromagnetic radiation he refers to is not the same as a magnetic field.  These high-energy photons (probably X-rays) may serve to accelerate the ions in the plasma but this does nothing to the density, yet he states:

"The concept uses controlled motion of electrically charged matter ... to generate extremely high-energy/high-intensity EM radiation (fields of high-energy photons) which not only confines the plasma but also greatly compresses it so as to produce a high power density plasma burn, leading to ignition." 

I can't see how this happens, so until someone who knows physics (where is Waspie when you need him?) corrects me - I'm out.

Edited by Tom1200
punctuation
  • Like 1

An article I read sometime last year was talking about using an ai to fluctuate the magnetic field and reshape the torus controlling the reaction to stabilize it. It is apparently able to make micro adjustments in the field much faster than human reaction allowing a controlled reaction. 

Let's see.

1. No one has ever made a working fusion reactor. Lots of designs and lots of effort in many places in the world.

2. LIGO has not detected gravity waves from a terrestrial source

Yet one person claims to have done all of this. Odd to say the least.

After 20 years these designs become public knowledge now space force can legitimise the existence of such crafts as the tr-3b.