Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Roy Perry

What is truth?

Recommended Posts

Roy Perry

God first

As I read it gets sick because think it is special but it only a book written by King James the who took credit for it. 

 

The books like Genesis, Mark, Revelation, and The Antiquites of the Jews, Flavius Josephus Against Apion and other books unto themselves. The Bible has no part of these book it is a lie play on Man of God. Whether you believe in God has no meaning at all you see I am a believer-unbeliever, believer-atheist and other things.

 

My grammar is poor and I am sorry that you deal with so poor gramar, My spelling is poor I am just mix up person that loves God and is honest about his feeling, So I call myself  believer-atheist because I tried to believe 100% percent but I can not 80% percent believe in God in about 20% percent does not. No matte who you one can not 100% percent of any thing. What are you because if you believe that there night be .001 percent in something more than you you might 99% percent atheist and 1% percent believer some part wants to believe and you have your right.

 

I came to this board as someone wrote post for a while but may began to share my views with that care I went to visit a old board I had not visit that board for longer than I share and they were playing games on that board written as me but I did not write they edit what I once wrote adding to it. Just because most of you are Atheist on this but you would play hateful games this is known for respect and you would never do that here

 

I am sorry that I can tell more my tears of love no matter what you believe

thank you

Roy  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sci-nerd

The truth is that we are a 300,000 year old species of bipedal monkeys living on a 4,5 billion year old planet, in a 13,8 billion year old universe, and that we invented gods to explain it all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great Old Man

I believe the god, and his son Jesus who is true savior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

Me too thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

Now that I feel little better 

thank you all for sharing love and truth with me I can get some sleep now

 

Roy William Perry III mown as yea2027

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem

Nothing I've ever experienced or been presented has given me any inkling that a god can or does exist. 

The bible is a fairytale.  IMO.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

`Yes the bible is fairytale to me too but so is atheist the belief there is no God

God is just some believe in and some like do not

no more and no less

to make a belief real one must believe with all their heart that the thing that God real or not 

it is not any book that make God real and unbelief does not God real to some

fairytale but did think the rose that high I believe it is lower than that

Nor does it seem real God real to you 

you choice to believe while choice to believe

I am one side of the coin and you are the other side of the coin

We both have our own believes I believe in a God you do not

We must have both side of a coin one is no greater than the other side

peace my friend

thank you

Roy William Perry III known as year2027 on the net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brian K
11 minutes ago, Roy Perry said:

`Yes the bible is fairytale to me too but so is atheist the belief there is no God

Atheism is not fantasy.  Division of Consciousness is.  This experience is one of very, very convincing dis-association from oneself as The Consciousness and dissociation in the form of thought projected multiplicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

My God is real to me God is not dream to me

to you not beliving in God is real to you

you can prove to me there no God nor can I prove to you there is a God 

thank you

Roy William Perry III known as year2027 on the net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I figure belief in god is just an emotional need. The need to feel important. A band-aid for an existential crisis. The surrogate ethereal parent. Result social and cultural indoctrination. God is only as real as you believe it to, that doesn't mean god is real. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

If you are rich and/or powerful enough...apparently, you can create your own "truth," or at least enforce it. 

 

Edited by GlitterRose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Skirnum

I like to say that i believe in the truth. And I trust that the truth is what it is, and not whatever i might think or believe it is. In that way I don`t believe anything about the truth, while I'm open to its presence. I think both believers and non-believers can agree on such a thing. But I have been wrong before  :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

 

XenoFish my friend for a long time

if they are for evidence there is no God the faith they have is void of any faith there is no God

But If I look for evidence there is a God the faith I have is void of any faith the is a God

But if I do as you say

Quote Believe in the possibility{there is a God or there is no God} of what you aim to do, hold it strongly in your mind, and act as if it could happen. 

thank you

my friend

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

GlitterRose and Skirnum

thank you I enjoy the songs

it i good to be open minded I am too

thank you

Roy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

What is truth?

What a great question.  If only such a topic like this had been thought of before?!!

Sigh.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

Guyver

It properly has I was so upset anything work for me

I got upset and you and these friend have me alot

 

thank you

Roy my friend

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jujo-jo
3 hours ago, Roy Perry said:

God first

As I read it gets sick because think it is special but it only a book written by King James the who took credit for it. 

 

The books like Genesis, Mark, Revelation, and The Antiquites of the Jews, Flavius Josephus Against Apion and other books unto themselves. The Bible has no part of these book it is a lie play on Man of God. Whether you believe in God has no meaning at all you see I am a believer-unbeliever, believer-atheist and other things.

 

My grammar is poor and I am sorry that you deal with so poor gramar, My spelling is poor I am just mix up person that loves God and is honest about his feeling, So I call myself  believer-atheist because I tried to believe 100% percent but I can not 80% percent believe in God in about 20% percent does not. No matte who you one can not 100% percent of any thing. What are you because if you believe that there night be .001 percent in something more than you you might 99% percent atheist and 1% percent believer some part wants to believe and you have your right.

 

I came to this board as someone wrote post for a while but may began to share my views with that care I went to visit a old board I had not visit that board for longer than I share and they were playing games on that board written as me but I did not write they edit what I once wrote adding to it. Just because most of you are Atheist on this but you would play hateful games this is known for respect and you would never do that here

 

I am sorry that I can tell more my tears of love no matter what you believe

thank you

Roy  

What is truth?

is the Bible a lie? where is truth?

 

truth
/tro͞oTH/
noun
*the quality or state of being true.
*that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.
noun: the truth
"tell me the truth"
*a fact or belief that is accepted as true.
plural noun: truths
"the emergence of scientific truths"
 
*Truth is most often used to mean being in accord with fact or reality, or fidelity to an original or standard. Truth is also sometimes defined in modern contexts as an idea of "truth to self", or authenticity.
 
IN MY OPINION
I don't believe the bible is a lie. I was a skeptic on and off in my younger years but as I studied different religions and asked these same questions, the experiences during these times are what convinced me. Not the words or the book of the bible itself, true to life experiences are what made me, the believer that I am today. Therefore truth to me is the truth I know in my heart and being truthful to myself and to my beliefs are what is important.
 
Only after I reached this point could I believe the truth behind the words in the it Bible. As I grow and learn and experience my spiritual growth my faith grows. I understand now why certain stories were documented. The trust I have in God and in Jesus and in my personal knowing is all the proof of truth that I need. This is where my truth is.
 
Nonbelievers will argue the facts and demand scientific proof while cought up in all that they may be missing the whole point, that it's not about scientific proof at all and even if there were and it is right in front of their face they still would find an argument within it.
 
PROOF: the effect of evidence sufficient to persuade a reasonable person that a particular fact exists — see also evidence. 2 : the establishment or persuasion by evidence that a particular fact exists — see also burden of proof.
 
As I follow articles from archeologist finds that relate to stories that are in the Bible and when they find lost cities of the Bible buried under the sand and other things, I am truely fascinated and sit back in delight. Even though knowing in my heart I do not need proof because proof has been provided to me through other means.
 
People want proof in the clear, here and now something they can hold and touch that is beyond reasonable doubt, they want visuals with live, living color, not 2,500 + year old proof, of weather aged torn down  archeologist sites and artifacts, that have been sand blasted; and books and words are irrelevant without more items and locations to link to them.
 
It's actually pretty crazy to even demand that kind of proof from so long ago, especially under the elements of the nature, in that region for all these years. (and actually that is the point, 2 COR 5:7 Walk by faith not by sight).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

Jujo-jo

Let me give you something to think about

What do you worship God or the bible?

What is the book, a book, or is it the words in it that put your heart?

As you make the words in it live in your heart   

 it becomes alive but a book can never be alive

what lives in your heart is alive and cannot die

thank you

Roy

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 hour ago, Roy Perry said:

 

XenoFish my friend for a long time

if they are for evidence there is no God the faith they have is void of any faith there is no God

But If I look for evidence there is a God the faith I have is void of any faith the is a God

But if I do as you say

Quote Believe in the possibility{there is a God or there is no God} of what you aim to do, hold it strongly in your mind, and act as if it could happen. 

thank you

my friend

Roy

People miss the point of faith. And that faith depends on whatever religion they choose to follow. A faith without religion is just spirituality and it comes in many varieties. If there is a god, we have no way of knowing. So the only gods we have are those we created. It is not that difficult to understand. 

If you have faith, then no proof is required. No need to search for evidence. 

Do not use my quote for your confirmation bias. What I wrote is about taking action in your life. It basically means that if you think you can achieve something (believe it's possible), hold it in you mind (focus on the goal) and act upon it (do something). It has nothing at all to do with spirituality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

 

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

inward otherwise from the heart not from reading

putting on Christ

thank you

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

XenoFis

Christ is living in my heart

I am trying to see both sides not just the side I believe in

thank you

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
3 minutes ago, Roy Perry said:

XenoFis

Christ is living in my heart

I am trying to see both sides not just the side I believe in

thank you

Roy

Honestly, what you believe doesn't affect me one bit. You believe in a fictional character, fine. Just know that I don't. God hasn't done a single thing in my life. Because god simply doesn't exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roy Perry

thank you

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.