Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zero is an invalid concept

Brian K

If a bank account has no funds or one is bankrupt, that's complete wealth dissociation.

"No down payment" still establishes a financial contract, and the idea of the future is right now, but involving countless shifts through various thought forms, so the money is being paid now, regardless.  Real passage of time would be an impossible division of Consciousness.  All of the proverbial frames are on the metaphorical film reel and are being projected by The Mind without actual space.  If The Mind is not imagining something among the myriad momentary static imagery and auditory stimuli being patterned together, then it isn't possible.

One is always a friend to oneself and can only be in denial of that, repressing self respect rather than lacking it.  With "others" being one's thought projections, experienced on a dissociative basis with or without memory, one only ever has one friend and cannot have zero friends.  A former acquaintance who owned potbelly pigs as pets said that they have zero guilt while I was on the subject.  Nope.  Repression.  One has every emotion happening simultaneously and subconsciously induces amnesia in order to experience polarity.

Not even in calculation is zero necessary, setting aside validity for the practicality of performing long division and such.  With T for ten, H for hundred, K for thousand, TK, TH, M... B... T... Q...U (Quintillion) S, P (Septillion), O, N... a calculator could have alpha characters as a complement to the numeric.  NNN, for example, would take the place of ninety zeroes. 

As for binary, that's not truly zeroes and ones, but on or off / true or false. 

What is 1 - 1?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

What is 1 - 1?

A negative number, like an emotion, does not yield a zero state when met with its positive equivalent.  1 - 1 is positive 1 and negative 1.  To put it another way, 2 apples are on a table.  Take 1 away and that's 1 on the table and 1 in the hand.

Edited by Brian K

2 minutes ago, Brian K said:

A negative number, like an emotion, is not a zero state.  1 - 1 is positive 1 and negative 1.  To put it another way, 2 apples are on a table.  Take 1 away and that's 1 on the table and 1 in the hand.

If you have two apples on the table, and then you eat both apples, then how many appels do you have left on the table?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

If you have two apples on the table, and then you eat both apples, then how many appels do you have left on the table?

Those 2 apples are on the table in the moment.  The apples consumed are different images of apples.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I had a box full of 12 doughnuts, I ate 12 them, now there are zero donuts left. 

No.  See the example above about apples.

If you take the last piece of pie, how much is left percentage wise? Nothing percent? Nada percent, None percent? Or Zero percent?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian K said:

Zero is an invalid concept

Okay. Pretend that I'm an alien who just came to Earth, and then explain to me in details what the following means:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

If you take the last piece of pie, how much is left percentage wise? Nothing percent? Nada percent, None percent? Or Zero percent?

Time and space as realities are impossible division, and this experience is dissociation, therefore not a semantics argument.  The whole pie is the idea of the past, now, and a pie that appears to be partially eaten is a different image of pie, still right now, so no subtraction is happening.  One is engaging in momentary thought vibration.  If one is looking at a tin containing no pie, then one is dissociating from the imagery of pie.  

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Okay. Pretend that I'm an alien who just came to Earth, and then explain to me in details what the following means:

Any visualization containing an idea of quantifiable objects is still 1 image, whether the quantity of imaginary projections is 2 or 1 billion.  Do you want to know the meaning of 1 billion or a 1 followed by commas and zeroes?  1 billion of anything is 999,999,999 dissociations from 1.

4 minutes ago, Brian K said:

Any visualization containing an idea of quantifiable objects is still 1 image, whether the quantity of imaginary projections is 2 or 1 billion.  Do you want to know the meaning of 1 billion or a 1 followed by commas and zeroes?  1 billion of anything is 999,999,999 dissociations from 1.

Please stay indoor and lock your door. If not for your own sake, then for ours.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

In terms of the analogy of emotion, if one were to experience equivalent states of joy and despair at once, that wouldn't feel like either.  However, neutralization is not akin to nothingness.  Oil and water don't mix, but they both remain in the glass.

Just now, sci-nerd said:

Please stay indoor and lock your door. If not for your own sake, then for ours.

Is that all you got?

Just now, sci-nerd said:

No.

If you see an alien... Run!!

Haha!  That's not bad, but you said for me to pretend that you were, not that you are.  Next time try, "You encounter an alien, and..."  Your query read just like "Imagine that I'm an 8 year old..."

with two apples or a dozen doughnuts, eating them does not negate them...

their forms and components are reconfigured... not negated

the apple flesh is transformed into human components replacing those that have decayed

all life (phenomenal reality) is constantly shifting... acquisition of more life through eating and the process of decay

Edited by quiXilver

(sighs) Like Spartan pointed out..if you have to physical apples and you eat them both then how many physical apples do you have left? None. There are no physical apples left.  Imaginary apples do not have a place in this.

I have a hard time believing we are even debating a concept we learned in kindergarten.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

I have a hard time believing we are even debating a concept we learned in kindergarten.

I don't. I really, really, really don't. I mean look at some of the threads around here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I don't. I really, really, really don't. I mean look at some of the threads around here. 

I humbly stand corrected. How silly of me...

It's kinda like space, the bizarreness just never seems to end.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bendy Demon said:

the bizarreness just never seems to end.

Nope. Just mention Atlantis or Bigfoot, something like that. Its flies to a corpse. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Nope. Just mention Atlantis or Bigfoot, something like that. Its flies to a corpse. 

I guess for many,  logical thinking and real science is just SO yesterday..right?

Edited by Bendy Demon

23 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

I guess for many,  logical thinking and real science is just SO yesterday..right?

I'm all for a little fun speculation and imagination. Keeps the creativity going. However it's when taking things too far. I have no issue discussing aliens, I just don't think they're visiting earth in tricked out hubcaps.