Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Pyramid of Truth Tarot Spread

Illuminous Operations

The Pyramid of Truth
A single custom Tarot Spread
by: The Magus

Copyright 2020
This document may be reproduced freely in whole, not in part, but may not be sold

This spread can be used to test spells and how successful they are or to examine the relationship between two or more people, one of whom will always need to be the querent. This spread can also be used to examine plans of action involving other people and how these people will be affected.

This is a custom pyramid spread I have created called “The Pyramid of Truth.” This spread uses between 6 – 9 cards depending on the question. This is a more advanced tarot spread, and I do not recommend this for beginners.

pyramid-of-truth-1-b.jpg?w=648

This spread incorporates the standard past present future spread, but ads some more cards relevant for the interpretation. The Querent card of course represents the Querent (the subject of the reading) and their role in the reading. Below the past present future part of the spread are a direct answer to the question in relation to the querent and a direct answer to the question to relation to other people the question is about.

It’s very important to note to people who are familiar with the standard past present future spread that these particular cards will be interpreted differently than they normally are. In a standard past present future spread which has no querent card or at the very least no direct answer cards below it the cards are easily interpreted to represent the subject of the reading or the Querent.

However in the Pyramid of Truth the interpretation of past present and future must be interpreted based on the surrounding cards. The card on the top of the spread indicates the Querent’s role in all of this. The card on the bottom left indicates the answer to the question in how it applies to the querent. The card on the bottom right indicates the answer to the question in relation to how it affects the other person the reading is about.

What you see in the past present and future therefore can apply to the Querent or the other person the reading is about. If you are the spell caster and are doing a reading on a spell based on how it affects another person (in which case I recommend making yourself the querent) you must consider all three of these cards in order to understand who the past present and future refers to.

Say for example you have done a destruction spell. If the tower card appears in the Querent slot this would indicate your role in the spell is as the tower, casting down your enemy. However say the nine of cups reversed appears in the querent spot (or the “direct answer in relation to others” spot) and the tower appears in the bottom left “direct answer in relation to the querent” spot. This would indicate the spell will likely backfire and you may be destroyed as a result.

The past present and future part of this spread indicate things which affect the question asked directly. If you are asking about a spell involving another person the past will often indicate things which have led up to this moment and are somehow relevant. The present card will sometimes refer to changes manifesting as a result of said spell or may simply indicate what is happening in the present that has motivated it. The future card indicates long term effects of the spell and its relationship with other cards.

This spread is more challenging to interpret than the standard past present future part of the spread, because what is being described in the past present and future slots is interpreted based on the other three cards. Say for example we go back to the destruction spell we are testing and the tower appears in the future. In a normal past present future spell you would likely assume this indicates success. In this spread the cards in the direct answer positions on the bottom of the spread would be the most likely indicators of who the tower refers to. A negative card like the 10 of swords for example would show the person the tower applies to based on whose position it appeared in.

While these examples are very basic this spread is in practice more difficult to interpret than most tarot spreads which is why I do not recommend it for beginners. Keep in mind that the others referenced in a spread can be a person, place or thing or even a specific grouping or category of persons. I strongly recommend picking a person instead of a place or thing. For example if doing a reading on a talisman you have created declare the others card to represent the person who receives the talisman instead of the talisman itself. This makes interpreting the cards easier.

pyramid-of-truth-2-b.jpg?w=648

In this second diagram we see the maximum number of others is 4 plus the querent. As is implied you can have anywhere between 1 and 4 cards for the others positions. When using more than one others card it is important to make sure each card represents a different person place or thing (or ideally a different person or category / grouping of persons) rather than having multiple cards to represent a singular person, place, thing, or category / grouping of persons.

Regardless of how many direct answer in relation to others cards you use it is important for each tarot reading to declare who the others represents in addition to asking your question out loud before you begin shuffling the cards. If you keep a tarot journal it’s important to note what each others position represents in your notes as well. If there is only one others position the answer is usually simple. In the previous example of doing a destructive spell on an enemy you would declare the others to be the target of your spell.

However if you are doing a destructive spell on behalf of another person it would be wise to declare two other cards, one for the victim of your spell and one for the person you are performing the spell on behalf of. Say the victim of a spell is also a member of a specific organization that will be affected by this spell, possibly by contributing to its manifestation or possibly wanting revenge if they become aware it was cast. You can then declare a third card to represent the organization and how their impact plays into the spell.
More or less cards do not make a “better” or “worse” reading. I recommend choosing the number of other cards based on the situation and on what you need to know about the question you are asking. As with most tarot card readings your interpretation of the cards would be different than another person going over your readings as tarot cards speak to you and how you are expected to interpret them. I feel it is important to point out that this is especially true with this particular tarot spread.

When looking at each card for past present and future you should consider each of these cards based on the querent card above them and the cards below them. When looking at the past it is important to determine whether what is shown is passing away or not or if it is an indication of something that will become relevant in the future or is relevant to why the question is being asked.

In the present card it is important to determine if this card indicates what the current state of things are or what they are about to become as a result of what the reading is about. This is especially relevant when you have just performed a spell or if you are doing this reading for another person as these actions your question is about may cause the present card to indicate a change that is happening now or may indicate what things are now and how or why they will change.

In the future card it is important to determine who this future applies to. Is this the future of the querent or the future of others? This card is very different to interpret than the normal past present and future spread as it may be the future of one or more of the cards below it or something seemingly unrelated to them to which you should be paying attention that manifests as a result of what the question is about.

In interpreting all three of the past present and future cards these are questions you should ask yourself and to answer each question it is important to consider the role of the querent card above and all the cards below in order to gain the correct understanding of the tarot reading.

Download as PDF

At first I was thinking, oh nice, someone sharing a new layout, then I read it.

You use this to test spells?

Back when I was into that low energy mess, I looked for the results to test. Visible results. No change observed? It needs more piccolo.

Just sayin'.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Back when I was into that low energy mess.

:lol:

Remember my Native deck from back in the day? :lol:

• Haha 1

I have three decks now, got rid of the couple dozen I had from the old days. I still like them around but do not read often anymore. No need to :) 

• Like 2

That is the problem with divination...you are seeking answers you want rather than accepting what you need.

But then again..cards, stones, smoke or chicken guts can't tell you anything..the so-called 'messages' are completely imaginary. No outside forces are going to communicate via guts or melted wax. That is why we have cellphones.

15 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

At first I was thinking, oh nice, someone sharing a new layout, then I read it.

You use this to test spells?

Back when I was into that low energy mess, I looked for the results to test. Visible results. No change observed? It needs more piccolo.

Just sayin'.

Welcome to the forum.

The ultimate test of a spell is to see the result directly, but for people who practice magick tarot cards have a certain usefulness in understanding the effects of spells in general and something to understand the spell and its level of potential success before getting an actual confirmation of said success.

• Haha 1