Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Otherkin Religious Identity

Illuminous Operations

Copyright 2017 The Magus
Copyright: This documentation may be distributed freely, in whole not in part, but may not be sold.

Definitions:

Abrahamic Religion / Abrahamic Faith  Religions which claim to be the true religion of the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob (primarily Christianity, Islam and Judaism)

The Gospel of Figure it out for Yourself  This is a term I coined for a path I did not create which is as old as human history. This is the path of creating gospel by researching multiple religious systems and combining this information into your own tangible personal belief system figuring things out for yourself in terms of religion. This path is self guided but requires acquiring knowledge from others both through direct interaction with religions and scholarly research such as reading books and in modern times the Internet.

Torah  A Jewish scriptural reference to the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy and Psalms which are also part of the Christian Old Testament and are also connected to the Islamic religion.

The Books of Moses  A term referencing the books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy from the Torah, but not Psalms. This reference refers to these books in reference to the theological belief that they were written by Moses.

Part 1: Introduction

This documentation will talk about otherkin, their relationship with different religious systems, religious systems in general which are compatible and incompatible with the otherkin concept, and will end with teaching otherkin reading this about what an awakening is and a brief but straight to the point understanding of what you need to know if you are considering getting one.

A lot of this information, especially in the first section, is going to sound foreign to a lot of people who do not study a lot of different religions. While it may sound foreign or hard to believe to you a good bit of the information presented here is already common knowledge (whether or not considered valid) amoung people who study religion and is considered a religious reality to members of those religions even if it sounds new or hard to believe to you.

I advise approaching this topic with an effort to express tolerance for cultural and religious differences and trying not to look down on other religious systems which have different beliefs than yours or sound crazy to you at first glance. Sometimes social conditioning or just shock value because the theology is so foreign to your current education in your religion can hinder the mind’s judgment. Overcoming this starts with cultural and religious awareness and tolerance.

Most of this information I will speak of here can be looked up online, and part of the intention of this essay is on the expectation some people trying to learn will do this, and maybe pick up a book or two as well to learn more based on what you learn online. Specific points will be referenced here briefly but long enough to explain all the important points to help guide those who want to learn more to do so properly. Take everything you learn, including what I say here, with a grain of salt, because no religions and their teachings are perfect. These are actual belief systems from other religions and how they relate to the concept of otherkin from my personal perception. If anything interests you then you are welcome to research more of it.

I will take some time to talk about angelkin as relative to both Sumerian annunaki and Abrahamic religions since angelkin is an especially relevant and large part of the otherkin community. This will also give a good example of the concept of otherkin and religion that also applies to other types of otherkin in other ways, and the next section of the documentation will be inclusive of all kinds of otherkin.

There will also be a small amount of basic psychological concepts mixed into the section about otherkin and religion in relation of how psychology is impacted by religion as well as how some otherkin related religious views can be impacted by psychology. I will be explaining things mostly for the sake of people who identify as otherkin who will be reading this documentation, but which may also be helpful to people who want to understand what life is like for otherkin.

I am going to touch down on a couple basic points and not elaborate on all their details trying to be direct and get my point across as to how religions relate to the concept of otherkin. It’s going to be a little bit of a long read for me to explain things well, but I’ll try not to waste words and come to my point quickly while at the same time taking enough time to explain concepts that I feel are important.

I do not intend to present my findings as the ultimate dogmatic truth on this concept, but they are what I believe for the time being on my journey through the gospel of figure it out for yourself as an otherkin. This document sums up a small part of my basic knowledge from over a decade of being part of the gospel of figure it out for yourself and I feel confident in the validity of these beliefs myself. Like all humans, otherkin or not, I am not perfect and am capable of making mistakes and being wrong. As you should with any religious teaching take it all with a grain of salt, and if you want to learn more there’s enough information here to easily figure this gospel out for yourself via Internet searching using the terms I’ve posted.

Part 2: Angelkin Identity and Religious Constructs

When someone first hears the word angelkin or any concept of an angel the first thing that pops into most people’s mind, including many angelkin, is the idea that angels originate in the Abrahmic religions. However all may not be as it seems. In talking about angelkin I’ll be sharing basic theology from the Sumerian and Abrahamic religions on this topic and how they relate to this concept.

The word otherkin basically means “more than human” which commonly refers to having a non-human soul. In reincarnation based faiths there’s no such concept as a human or non-human soul, because the body and soul are separate. To identify more with your past life soul than your present one makes the otherkin concept compatible with the reincarnation theology.

In the Abrahamic faiths the soul and the body are the same, so if someone identifies as angelkin they are basically in violation of the established teachings, simply because the concept of reincarnation does not exist in the Abrahamic religion. If you identify as angelkin for example there’s an incompatibility here. It’s one life and then an eternal afterlife of either hell or heaven in the Abrahamic Faiths and therefore you couldn’t have spent past lives being an angel. The same of course applies to any otherkin identity based on this one life and then an eternal fate system.

Interestingly the concept of angels exists in other religions such as the Sumerian faith in which angels are basically ETs who came down from heaven (heaven meaning “above the earth” which science now calls outer space) in ships searching for gold to build more of their ships that traveled through heaven. These are commonly called Annunaki and are humanoid creatures taller than us who have wings like birds with longer lifespans than us. This means if this theology is valid that these old visitors from the Sumerian religion might literally still be alive today in the same form.

Science now tells us gold is the strongest conduit of electricity of all known elements on this planet making it valuable to any ship that runs on electricity, and this new discovery fits in with old teachings on this subject. If real this event may also explain the deficiency of gold on this planet that increases its monetary value due to scarcity.

The belief that angels and demons are ETs isn’t meant to imply a lack of religious and spiritual connotation through a rational scientific explanation. While some might assume this data means mankind is silly to be religious and that it was just something we didn’t understand this is not necessarily the case.

As ETs these beings can still be prayed to or interacted with religiously and through magick just like deities and spiritual beings in other religions. The science presented here is just how this religious aspect is interpreted on the material plane. This belief model and connection to ET life forms also fits in with reincarnation. Most religions which believe in reincarnation generally already interpret reincarnation as being connected to ETs because of the universe’s reincarnation system moving through different planets and reincarnating as different races.

At the risk of having some fools accuse me of disrupting the balance for including this part I will point out that there is an elephant in the room or maybe an ancient occult secret to share here. We live in a world in which the majority populations of all our world religions (the Abrahamic Religions) declare the human race to be the master race over angels and demons and potentially other things, and in the Christian branch of the Abrahamic religion especially humanity in general would be the most important of all God’s creation. Now realign that with the religious belief system that angels and demons and many other things are actually real live ET people with different beliefs than us on this topic.

Notice also that human members of said dominating religion have started exploring space while retaining this belief system of their superiority of what might then turn out to be fellow inhabitants of our galaxy. This has a specific relevance to humanity’s future if this belief system of angels and demons being ETs were to be valid and true. Our perception of the situation would inevitably be different from the perception of another race that is a completely different species from a different planet than us. It may be less different amoung some of them who might have incarnated here as otherkin to experience it in human form.

It’s not hard to explain this in relative human terms. In our own world history Hitler declared the Germans Aryans and the master race over all the other human races in an almost religious cult like fashion. How did Hitler make the Jews feel? While inherently different than humans in terms of thought and emotions this would probably be something similar to the way we would make these ET lifeforms feel about our perception of them in the religious systems of our world’s majority population.

There are numerous implications as to why if valid this religious system may explain both the frequency of angelkin appearing as well as the relevance to why Annunaki ETs do not visit this world at any point in verifiable history we know of with their direct bodies during this time of our religious development as a species.

Many people would pipe up here to claim that in the age of reason with humans being so much more intelligent and educated than in the past that if angels really were ETs and just came to explain things to us the whole thing could go just fine and dandy. I would say this perception might indicate either a lack of understanding of basic human religious behavior historically, a possible reflection of over estimating how far humanity has come in this area or possibly both.

More importantly not only is it unlikely this would go well, but Galatians 1:8 has specifically instructed the entire Christian faith to respond to this event in a way which would make things worse since for some reason someone seems to have anticipated it might happen. There are lots of other reasons for Annunaki to come here as angelkin instead of in their direct bodies, but I just wanted to hit a few of the main ones here.

Galatians 1:8: “But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!” (NIV)

Some lesser known religions on this world consider this basic theology I’ve just briefly summed up here to be a form of enlightenment in their particular belief system. However to a transcendentalist religious system that believes in reincarnation these things are merely scratching the surface of basic enlightenment. This is really just a theology of general intergalactic religious politics. Since the angelkin identity applies to both reincarnation based religion and also to the Sumerian religion this is one example of where studying multiple religions to understand your otherkin identity might be useful to an angelkin.

To understand the angelkin identity and it’s relevance to both the Abrahamic faiths and the Sumerian religion we need to understand the basic timelines on these religions. The Bible does technically and indirectly say the earth, universe, and everything in it is 6,000 years old, but only if you consider the Torah a literal historical account.

To understand this claim you simply locate the list of genealogy and major figures found in the Torah’s different books, factor their listed ages and then factor in the maximum age of 120 declared God’s will when calculating the recorded genealogies, and connect it with traceable history. This calculation puts the Genesis book of creation to circa 6,000 years old.

By contrast Sumerian Tablets of the epic of Gilgamesh are carbon dated as more than 8,000 years old which leads some people, myself included, to believe that the origin of angels and thus the truth behind being angelkin comes from the Sumerian religion not the Abrahamic ones.

There are many Christians who believe the earth is only 6,000 years old based on these factors and many who simply aren’t educated on this part of scripture so that it doesn’t challenge their faith when science contradicts these claims. The belief that the world is 6,000 years old is what is taught in public schools in Texas now based on Christians there who felt this was factual, because they understood this from interpreting the Torah as literal history and made it part of the public curriculum.

This is a contradiction to a lot of science taught by most of America’s public education system and it’s important to remember the balance in church of state and how this will play into our future as we try to crawl out of the dark ages and into the age of reason.

I do not believe the Torah and it’s stories are really as old as claimed or that that they are factual. Some atheists have argued the books of Moses are not written by Moses and were in origin visions later credited to Moses directly to increase people’s faith, and have backed up that claim nicely with the Bible itself and some external historical evidence both in regards to the author and the validity of the visions themselves.

This doesn’t mean that the Abrahamic forms of God do not exist in some form or that they are powerless simply because some of their scripture is disproved, but it does question the credibility of a lot of alleged miracles presented in these texts and challenges the level of authority this God might have as well. If this dispute is accurate it also explains the mysterious absence of these otherwise scripturally common place miracles in modern times in the age of reason when we as a society are more developed in both education and technology that can detect false religious claims more easily.

However I figure if science has confirmed a religion to be older than another religion claims to be and both have contradicting beliefs on what angels are then the older one is probably the religion of origin that came up with the concept of angels, especially in a 2 Millennia timeline difference.

This is of course just one niche of otherkin and how they relate to other religions, and I wanted to touch base on this concept of angelkin since it is one of the largest groups of otherkin on this world and use it as a singular example to explain this concept of otherkin identity and religion. As you might imagine other religious factors affect different kinds of otherkin, and sometimes multiple religions put together, including a transcendental religion that understands reincarnation and also another religion directly connected to an otherkin identity can be good learning experiences for otherkin to understand their self identity.

Part 3: Otherkin Identity in Religion and Psychology

The person who created the concept and terminology of otherkin when I first heard about it in 2003 we were told was a dragonkin who was spoken of in such a way as to indicate like most dragonkin he was a very wise, kind and compassionate person. He died in a car wreck before I arrived in the group, but before passing away he used his training in Reki to create a sigil charged with his Reki magick to help any otherkin who meditated on it remember their past life identity. A copy of the sigil is included below.

reki symbol for otherkin

Otherkin was previously explained in a thesis I wrote on this topic to be souls who are a minority of the population. The majority of people on this world who have spent past lives as animals and are choosing religions that will reincarnate them on new worlds or have been here awhile as humans. A minority of the population is something called “otherkin” which are souls who have spent past lives as more advanced beings and reincarnate here and sort of downgrade into the human experience as a less advanced species than what they were.

This was the general idea behind otherkin as I understood it on message boards around 2003 when I first learned of this topic, but I’ve mixed in my own understandings of reincarnation from Hinduism, because the concept behind otherkin past lives is pretty much compatible with it. Some otherkin may identify as animals, and I guess they could be included in the mix.

There’s an important point here that while the term otherkin may or may not be in their vocabulary there are religions who believe in the otherkin past life identity concept by believing in reincarnation and find it is not incompatible with their belief system but is already part of it. Hinduism is one of the more popular versions of these religions on this world and also one of the oldest religions (or some claim the oldest) on this world that has survived the test of time.

Some of these people can make good guides or bad ones. It’s possible for someone to know they are otherkin but have an inaccurate perception on their self identity as to what kind of otherkin they are. Interacting with others can help with this process, because otherkin or not we are all human and capable of error and so are some of the guides we may choose. This is especially relevant if your otherkin identity is connected to a specific religion already.

In the gospel of figure it out for yourself it’s good to explore different religions and learn from the wisdom of others. People who believe your sense of self identity exists are likely to be more helpful than people who believe it doesn’t exist or who are part of a religious structure that believes it doesn’t even if they aren’t fully educated on their own theology. On the chance the self identity of an otherkin is real it makes more sense to affiliate with religions and religious people who identity with the concept it exists, particularly those trained by their religions in this thing such as official clergy.

Some new meanings seem to have come into the otherkin community since 2003 and different alternative meanings to soul identity appear to apply to the term otherkin now which seem to include magickal bloodlines.

You’ll probably find most people who adhere to the otherkin identity are not really otherkin, but it’s good to be respectful and tolerant of everyone’s religious beliefs including people who are going through a phase and calling themselves otherkin who clearly aren’t, even if you feel they are making the rest of us look bad.

This tolerance and respect is important, because otherwise you upset all sorts of checks and balances that involve religious freedom and any systems created to enforce exclusion from the otherkin paradigm or create regulation within the otherkin community could end up being used against actual otherkin in the future. You don’t have to like someone or even be nice to them to respect or tolerate their religious freedom and behavior, but these checks and balances remain important.

People who are not otherkin but claim to be can often be identified by their expectations of entitlement and to be treated special solely because of their spiritual identity which may exist in some otherkin, but is not common amoung most of the real ones.

To many who experience the otherkin identity as a fad often especially common amoung teenagers there’s an egotistical affiliation that comes with the label which makes it so appealing on a conscious or subconscious level and this is why this particular psychological trait is often a good reference. This is not a surefire test. Some fake otherkin won’t be this way and some real otherkin may be this way. Generally speaking it is a strong indicator though.

Whether or not this psychological trait applies to an otherkin it will normally be projected onto otherkin as part of their psychology when they identify themselves as otherkin to someone who does not believe in otherkin. This will sometimes happen because of their experiences with fake otherkin that lead them to assume the same about real otherkin, especially for people who don’t believe otherkin are real anyway.

It might also be because some reason must be created in a nonbeliever’s mind to explain why someone would choose to identify themselves as something the person projecting these inaccurate flaws onto otherkin is not allowed to believe exist. If their religion prevents them from believing the idea otherkin is valid a rationalization is sometimes required to explain why someone might identify with this label, and the most common motives that people will arrive at usually consist of negative personality traits and psychological flaws. Not everyone in any particular religion will do this by default, but it is a common enough occurrence to mention here.

Additional negative psychological traits that do not apply will often be projected onto otherkin as part of this rationalization process, and for this reason most real otherkin usually learn from this experience not to be too open about their identity in a world where the mainstream religions do not believe this identity exists.

Once projected these negative psychological traits placed upon otherkin are not easily to dispel with rational discussion and there’s an element of lack of respect for religious differences involved as well as what is often a lack of awareness that otherkin is a legitimate religious concept in many other religions that strengthens these beliefs in the mind of said doubters and mockers.

Of course members of religions that accept the concept of otherkin may also not believe in an otherkin’s self identity and may project false negative traits onto them for similar reasons. They may be right and they may be wrong. Often times it’s good to learn from and bond with members of other religions before bringing up the otherkin identity. You are not required to start a relationship with this subject or even mention it to others in order to learn from a religion relative to your otherkin identity.

If you are not otherkin but see yourself as one, or sometimes even if you are otherkin some negative traits perceived in you may actually apply to you that don’t apply to most otherkin labeled with them and it’s important not to get caught up in the experience of assuming the reasons people treat you a specific way are inherently spiritual.

It’s also important to note the otherkin experience of discrimination and the experience of not being otherkin but thinking you are can both create the same reactions from people in a lot of cases, but not everyone involved will be experiencing them for the same reasons. Sometimes the reason is spiritual and other times it’s based on a person’s lack of self awareness of their own personal problems.

The religious factors described above can be a legitimate reason for projecting negative traits onto otherkin that do not apply. Likewise a lack of self awareness can be a valid reason for why people perceive valid negative traits on another person accurately who then uses spirituality as a crutch to rationalize valid negative emotional problems as not being present when they in fact are,due to a lack of basic self awareness.

Externally both of these experiences will look relatively similar in a lot of cases. Otherkin should be aware that the same external experience may happen to other people for different reasons than it is happening to them. Remember this when meeting others who seem to be having the same experience as you and share the otherkin label with you. This is another reason why having good influences in your life is important to the gospel of figure it out for yourself.

This is also why it’s important to have a balance of good influences from a religion which does believe in your sense of otherkin identity and / or is connected to it. Remember they can be good guides or bad ones and you might or might not see whether they are good or bad backwards. That’s always an important part of the adventure of the gospel of figure it out for yourself.

Part 4: Otherkin and Awakenings

Technically anyone can experience an awakening which is when your mind and soul are connected in a new way. With an awakening, which is done with magick, a person’s soul no longer takes the back seat driver version of controlling the brain but steps into the front seat and takes full control metaphorically speaking. This is especially more intense and transformative for otherkin.

When an awakening happens there are usually side effects to this technique for otherkin. The first is that your entire personality will change, which probably means your circle of friends is going to change or at least get modified a little. Your past life personality will become more real than your current life personality. Parts of this may be temporary or not and other parts more permanent, but you will be a different person. With the passage of time you may become more like your old self, but with new things added in or you may be completely different entirely as this process affects different people differently. Some otherkin also have specific rules or founding concepts behind their self identity that will come out in their behavior as well.

We have expectations on us in whatever reason applies to us for which the Deity or deities of reincarnation have decided to let us come and play human. Whether or not the brain becomes fully aware of expectations on behavior and past life goals and ambitions present within the awakened individual they will become more strong and dominant as the soul awakens and takes a front seat instead of a back one in controlling the actions of the said individual.

The awakening process is a big transformation, and to most actual otherkin it will sound pretty appealing. There are risks to be aware of, the first of which is that a complete transformation of the merging of your mind and soul does more than just change your personality. The process takes awhile for your soul to really fit in there and it can be disorienting. A lot of people on the otherkin boards back in the day didn’t like to do these rituals for people they didn’t know, because it’s important to have someone who has experienced it for themselves walk you through the transformation.

Another risk is a noticeable difference in your karma as well which comes with an awakening. At its completion your soul is now a more dominant influence than previously in your brain, and is expected to act in accordance with rules or guidelines by whatever Deity or deities may apply to this identity. Some rules only apply when awakened. After an awakening the soul is often able to follow rules or guidelines expected through the body without conscious awareness of them but it is not guaranteed that the brain will be fully aware of these things or that the soul can do so without the brain’s awareness, and it can sometimes be difficult to experience these things without basic awareness of them.

Consequences for specific actions may also have more extreme results, which can be good or bad depending on what experiences you have. Your past life identity is also more strongly affected by your actions which is even more relevant in cases of otherkin who are spending a lifetime here and then returning to where they came from afterwards. Basically if you have an awakening it’s a big deal that changes your karma and how people interact with you and the level of consequences in a theological sense to your actions will also change.

This can be a considerable risk in doing so that should be considered as should the benefits of theological studies relative to your otherkin identity or just more general awareness in theological studies relative to the concept of otherkin itself before undertaking a transformation of this nature. Having the right information before an awakening can have a big impact on the benefits involved and your progress going through one just by having the proper understanding created from this education.

Even if you devise your own ritual to do this it’s important to know someone who’s been through the transformation of an awakening. They can explain a lot of newly awakening thoughts and perceptions and walk you through it so you understand it better. There is a risk of complete psychosis or partial psychosis if an awakening ritual is not done by someone who knows what they are doing, but when done properly the process won’t make you psychotic, but to understand a lot of things it’s important to have someone who can guide you through it so you don’t get carried away by the experience and make a fool of yourself and also so you develop properly so you don’t make a fool of yourself in the future.

Download as PDF

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

giphy.gif

Ditto and I didn't even read it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Otherkin is basically species dysphoria..a mental condition.  Nothing religious about it.

I got caught up in that nonsense years ago and fortunately I extricated myself from it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Princess Serenity said:

Ditto and I didn't even read it. 

I remember when this otherkin nonsense started up. Some sites has 'test' where depending on what you answered it would tell you what kind of kin you were. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

I remember when this otherkin nonsense started up. Some sites has 'test' where depending on what you answered it would tell you what kind of kin you were. 

People on tumblr look at these kind of people as idiots. I see them as "idiots" myself. Wish this whole freaking thing would die. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Princess Serenity said:

People on tumblr look at these kind of people as idiots. I see them as "idiots" myself. Wish this whole freaking thing would die. 

There are a lot of trends I wish would die. The only option is to just wait them out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

There are a lot of trends I wish would die. The only option is to just wait them out. 

Yeah. Ugh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bendy Demon said:

Otherkin is basically species dysphoria..a mental condition.  Nothing religious about it.

I got caught up in that nonsense years ago and fortunately I extricated myself from it.

Isn't it just a tumblr roleplay thing in most cases, kinda like having a Fursona? I mean I remember when I was in Middle School I liked to pretend I was an Elf/Half-Elf, don't a lot of people go through that phase at a certain age?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

Isn't it just a tumblr roleplay thing in most cases, kinda like having a Fursona? I mean I remember when I was in Middle School I liked to pretend I was an Elf/Half-Elf, don't a lot of people go through that phase at a certain age?

I didn't. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I didn't. 

Did you ever have any fun? Next you tell me you never wrote bad self-insert/wish fulfillment fan fiction either.
(Just joking. I know it's not something every teenager does. And you know I don't hold any stock in that Otherkin-nonsense. I just always assumed it was a 'just for fun' Tumblr thing for most people who do it.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

giphy.gif

For once, I utterly agree with you, X Man. Completely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

You could pass for one though.

Looking at some of those hominids with the getups in Old City, Philly they look more like pig fursona.:lol:

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

There's none left in lower Gloucester County. My son ate them all. :o

• Like 2

Just now, Orphalesion said:

Did you ever have any fun? Next you tell me you never wrote bad self-insert/wish fulfillment fan fiction either.
(Just joking. I know it's not something every teenager does. And you know I don't hold any stock in that Otherkin-nonsense. I just always assumed it was a 'just for fun' Tumblr thing for most people who do it.)

I read comics and drew a lot, got my first job at 15. So technically no I never had fun. I had breaks from school and work. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

For once, I utterly agree with you, X Man. Completely.

I know I'm extremely harsh on the occult stuff. I've just encounter the weirder aspects of it. Basically those who think it can fix-all or they identify as some level 999 ultra mage. Which results in me having a sour disposition to nearly all of it. Basically everything I was told about magick ended up being utter horse dung. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

There's none left in lower Gloucester County. My son ate them all. 

Apparently in the south such things have a short shelf life.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I know I'm extremely harsh on the occult stuff. I've just encounter the weirder aspects of it. Basically those who think it can fix-all or they identify as some level 999 ultra mage. Which results in me having a sour disposition to nearly all of it. Basically everything I was told about magick ended up being utter horse dung. 

Well, I don't consider myself a hard core believer or sceptic, but, like you it comes from hands on, long term experience, not assumptions. I am sincere in my skepticism and confident in my beliefs. I expect other mature folks to be the same. We all arrive at different conclusions, being on different journeys, I guess :)

The only real magic is the ability to transform and grow through a lifetime. I want to end better than I began and I am doing that, so "magic" still works for me, it just is not all hocus pocus stuff. The really great stuff is all inside.

But, anyway, OP, you write "The word otherkin basically means “more than human” which commonly refers to having a non-human soul."  This is where you make your error. It means only "Other than" human. If one wants to tout it as real and normal and even common, and compatible with reincarnation, then one must accept that there must be a reason one came back as a human and not a bear or dog or angel this go, you know? It would be about being human, not entertaining deeply thought through angst about one's separation from being human, I would think.

There is no religion here, nothing of the sort, it is just an idea, though you have done an impressive job here of writing out your paranormal views and posting them here for us on your day 1. I am impressed by the volume. 

Anyway, have fun. This is a good place to be challenged, not coddled that much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

The only real magic is the ability to transform and grow through a lifetime. I want to end better than I began and I am doing that, so "magic" still works for me, it just is not all hocus pocus stuff. The really great stuff is all inside.

Pretty much the way I see it. To me it's about changing the programming in our heads. Literally reshaping our reality tunnel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bendy Demon said:

At least you could read the OP.  Couldn’t get through it....way too long.  I thought it was a typo on the OP and I was coming in to say something funny about that.

If I want to read a book, I’ll go to the library.  Lol.

PS.  Which I’m not knocking BTW.  Going to the library is a good thing in my book.  Pun unintentional.  Lol.

• Haha 3

There's so much wrong with what is written that I don't even know where to start.

I guess I have to start by saying the writer needed to do better research before attempting to describe any of the faiths mentioned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

But, anyway, OP, you write "The word otherkin basically means “more than human” which commonly refers to having a non-human soul."  This is where you make your error. It means only "Other than" human. If one wants to tout it as real and normal and even common, and compatible with reincarnation, then one must accept that there must be a reason one came back as a human and not a bear or dog or angel this go, you know? It would be about being human, not entertaining deeply thought through angst about one's separation from being human, I would think.

If I'm completely serious for a moment, I think that this feeling of having a "non-human soul", which again, I did really go through that phase as a young teenager, and which I have seen frequently expressed by other people (again mostly teenagers) might be caused by an under-estimation of and inexperience in how much "human souls" can vary from each other, while still being human.
At that age in particular it's easy to come to the conclusion that you are "other than human"  if you have the impression (real or imagined, or bits of both) that you see/experience/or "feel" differently from the people in your surroundings, especially if those people are pretty much limited to your school mates and family . I think it's less common as people get in contact with a wider variety of people. 

And yeah I agree. If we follow that thought experiment and assume a non-human soul incarnates as a human, it would most likely be about being and experiencing humanity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In the Abrahamic faiths the soul and the body are the same, so if someone identifies as angelkin they are basically in violation of the established teachings, simply because the concept of reincarnation does not exist in the Abrahamic religion. If you identify as angelkin for example there’s an incompatibility here. It’s one life and then an eternal afterlife of either hell or heaven in the Abrahamic Faiths and therefore you couldn’t have spent past lives being an angel. The same of course applies to any otherkin identity based on this one life and then an eternal fate system.

This bit is exceptionally horrid because they make up a new word...angelkin...and insist it's not compatible with Abrahamic religions...

and they don't seem to even know that Abrahamic faiths already had a word for it...Nephilim. 

Not saying I believe in Nephilim...but at least I know it's in there. It's a part of Abrahamic beliefs. 

Derp.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GlitterRose said:

Not saying I believe in Nephilim...but at least I know it's in there.

Yeah. I am assuming the OP is young and thanking God there was no internet for me to spew all my writings of that timeframe onto for review by the masses LOL.  I am impressed, though, he/she has tried to put together a serious sounding postulation of the notion of being "other" incorporated into a human being's body. I literally had a footlocker full of notebook paper worth of writings in those days of my own life. 

*sigh*

I suspect he/she has also been reading some of the current New Age thought of starseeds and such and trying to create a seeming original version of similar, and I have to go with Solomon on that. There is nothing new under the sun :). At least in this arena.

JMO.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yeah. I am assuming the OP is young and thanking God there was no internet for me to spew all my writings of that timeframe onto for review by the masses LOL.  I am impressed, though, he/she has tried to put together a serious sounding postulation of the notion of being "other" incorporated into a human being's body. I literally had a footlocker full of notebook paper worth of writings in those days of my own life. 

*sigh*

I suspect he/she has also been reading some of the current New Age thought of starseeds and such and trying to create a seeming original version of similar, and I have to go with Solomon on that. There is nothing new under the sun :). At least in this arena.

JMO.

It's like reinventing the wheel and then claiming it has nothing to do with the wagon. Lol.

• Like 2