Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Otherkin Religious Identity

Illuminous Operations

The conflict between new ideas for a person who holds heavy Abrahamic religious training from childhood often creates some interesting..... creations is all. I been there, done that, until I got past the sorting out and started working on myself and shadow work (though I did not know it as that when I was starting into that) and began to find this out about my life tripping.... it is extremely personal and we all often choose different truths, at least for a while.

This is a nice effort, it just isn't running on gas yet, but, he/she can get there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Illuminous Operations said:

but may not be sold.

I should think not! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Illuminous Operations said:

Copyright 2017 The Magus
Copyright: This documentation may be distributed freely, in whole not in part, but may not be sold.

Print it on toilet paper because that's all it's good for.

BTW Sumerian gods were not aliens, Sitchin was a charlatan.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, I don't consider myself a hard core believer or sceptic, but, like you it comes from hands on, long term experience, not assumptions. I am sincere in my skepticism and confident in my beliefs. I expect other mature folks to be the same. We all arrive at different conclusions, being on different journeys, I guess :)

The only real magic is the ability to transform and grow through a lifetime. I want to end better than I began and I am doing that, so "magic" still works for me, it just is not all hocus pocus stuff. The really great stuff is all inside.

But, anyway, OP, you write "The word otherkin basically means “more than human” which commonly refers to having a non-human soul."  This is where you make your error. It means only "Other than" human. If one wants to tout it as real and normal and even common, and compatible with reincarnation, then one must accept that there must be a reason one came back as a human and not a bear or dog or angel this go, you know? It would be about being human, not entertaining deeply thought through angst about one's separation from being human, I would think.

There is no religion here, nothing of the sort, it is just an idea, though you have done an impressive job here of writing out your paranormal views and posting them here for us on your day 1. I am impressed by the volume. 

Anyway, have fun. This is a good place to be challenged, not coddled that much.

This is probably the most useful bit of feedback so far.  Thank you.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GlitterRose said:

There's so much wrong with what is written that I don't even know where to start.

I guess I have to start by saying the writer needed to do better research before attempting to describe any of the faiths mentioned. 

Could you be more specific if its not too much trouble to ask?

A lot of these concepts are not mainstream, but all of the theology on other religions comes from different sources.  For example the thing about the earth being 6,000 years old is often ignored by most Christians as reality challenges it, but it is embraced by other Christians since it is technically what the bible says.  There are public schools in Texas that teach that the world is 6,000 years old and dinosaur bones are a test of faith for example.

Edited by Illuminous Operations

5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Print it on toilet paper because that's all it's good for.

BTW Sumerian gods were not aliens, Sitchin was a charlatan.

I was thinking more in terms like Anunnaki such as ENKI.  Perhaps I could have explained this better?

57 minutes ago, Illuminous Operations said:

I was thinking more in terms like Anunnaki such as ENKI.  Perhaps I could have explained this better?

What would that change?  The Anunnaki are the Sumerian gods.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yeah. I am assuming the OP is young and thanking God there was no internet for me to spew all my writings of that timeframe onto for review by the masses LOL.  I am impressed, though, he/she has tried to put together a serious sounding postulation of the notion of being "other" incorporated into a human being's body. I literally had a footlocker full of notebook paper worth of writings in those days of my own life. 

*sigh*

I suspect he/she has also been reading some of the current New Age thought of starseeds and such and trying to create a seeming original version of similar, and I have to go with Solomon on that. There is nothing new under the sun :). At least in this arena.

JMO.

I am 39.  I'm having my birthday party later today actually.  My intent was to catch onto a trend and explain it's definition in terms of religion.  This document gets different types of feedback to different target audiences.  Most of the feedback here is negative, and therefore more valuable as some people (like yourself) provide actual constructive critcism to go with the various insults.  There are other target audiences however to whom half or more of this information is already known to them who respond differently than a message board of skeptics and atheists. 

I put you in the skeptic category since, based on your comments on my posts, it seems as if you have not been succesful in making magick work for you having thus abandoned it so I don't consider you an adept at magick.  I do not intend to get dragged into a debate on whether or not magick is real as it derails from the topic of this thread.  Still your feedback so far has been most useful, and I appreciate your polite manner of speaking.

You are correct about the targeting of general new age type of stuff and trying to create something similar to that that is unique.  Feedback on sites targeting occultists and my friends indicates success in this.  Obviously not so much so here.  There is nothing new under the sun in that area here, which is ironic because I have another document called "Something New Under the Sun" which I probably won't be sharing here.

Edited by Illuminous Operations
Responding to second statement in a singular post

Just now, Rlyeh said:

What would that change?  The Anunnaki are the Sumerian gods.

There is some great stuff on the History channel that talks about the ideas ancient religions involve aliens amoung other sources.  Aliens are also a social norm in the Hindu communities I have interacted with where, believing in reincarnation, they consider this natural.  The Hindus even define planets as heaven, hell or neutral planets based on the amount of suffering on said planets.  This is all a very normal way of seeing things in certain religious communities.

15 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yeah. I am assuming the OP is young and thanking God there was no internet for me to spew all my writings of that timeframe onto for review by the masses LOL.  I am impressed, though, he/she has tried to put together a serious sounding postulation of the notion of being "other" incorporated into a human being's body. I literally had a footlocker full of notebook paper worth of writings in those days of my own life. 

*sigh*

I suspect he/she has also been reading some of the current New Age thought of starseeds and such and trying to create a seeming original version of similar, and I have to go with Solomon on that. There is nothing new under the sun :). At least in this arena.

JMO.

Seems like another Cult.  There are so many....

Why oh why can’t we all have the truth of who we are and our reason for being here?  So simple and yet hundreds of thousands of books have been published on this subject, of which the most important ones have been lost

, and nothing even close to definitive answer has been given.  Keeps the universities and publishing houses busy so I guess it’s good for business. And yet there is still Conflict everywhere.  If there is a Father God I wanna know who and where his Mother is.  

• Like 2

Just now, Festina Lente said:

Why oh why can’t we all have the truth of who we are and our reason for being here? 

We are who we decide to become. The reason for us being here is due to a lot of reproduction. 

I like this idea.  Not a fan of religions in general. 

The Gospel of Figure it out for Yourself  This is a term I coined for a path I did not create which is as old as human history. This is the path of creating gospel by researching multiple religious systems and combining this information into your own tangible personal belief system figuring things out for yourself in terms of religion. This path is self guided but requires acquiring knowledge from others both through direct interaction with religions and scholarly research such as reading books and in modern times the Internet.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I know I'm extremely harsh on the occult stuff. I've just encounter the weirder aspects of it. Basically those who think it can fix-all or they identify as some level 999 ultra mage. Which results in me having a sour disposition to nearly all of it. Basically everything I was told about magick ended up being utter horse dung. 

Seems there are a few mages on earth at this time but they remain hidden, ya know the inquisition and that mess.  

I don’t dabble in the craft. 

1 hour ago, Illuminous Operations said:

I put you in the skeptic category since, based on your comments on my posts, it seems as if you have not been succesful in making magick work for you having thus abandoned it so I don't consider you an adept at magick.

Aww, that is cute. Is this my cue to be all butt hurt now?  

Well, I never got into spelling "magic" with a k in it to designate some other, special kind, it is true. I also have not discussed or made any claim about magic (however and whichever way you want to spell it) with you. 

Life is a journey, not an arrival point and believe it or not, if one's goal, one's real passion, is for TRUTH, then it can be a long and occasionally surprising one depending on the roads you choose. 

Let's see, given your age of 39, writing otherkin material suitable for appealing to young people with a cliché name like "Magus" and using forums and critics to polish it ... I doubt that really is your goal, though, is it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

I don’t dabble in the craft. 

That's okay. It's nothing more than a dramatized form of psychology. 

5 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, I never got into spelling "magic" with a k

The K is used to distinguish stage craft from ritual based magic. 

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Let's see, given your age of 39, writing otherkin material suitable for appealing to young people with a cliché name like "Magus" and using forums and critics to polish it ... I doubt that really is your goal, though, is it?

Seems like grooming behavior. The kind used to lure insecure people in. Might not be the case but I don't trust it. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Illuminous Operations said:

There is some great stuff on the History channel that talks about the ideas ancient religions involve aliens amoung other sources.  Aliens are also a social norm in the Hindu communities I have interacted with where, believing in reincarnation, they consider this natural.  The Hindus even define planets as heaven, hell or neutral planets based on the amount of suffering on said planets.  This is all a very normal way of seeing things in certain religious communities.

That's funny, my Buddhist Temple does the interdenominational thing with both a Hindu and Sikh Temple and I never heard of this.

As for "Ancient Aliens" it's debunkable to the point of ridiculous and racist as Hell. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Seems like grooming behavior. The kind used to lure insecure people in. Might not be the case but I don't trust it. 

It looks to me like the same thing. Someone wanting to start a cult following. 

• Like 4

I put you in the skeptic category since, based on your comments on my posts, it seems as if you have not been succesful in making magick work for you having thus abandoned it so I don't consider you an adept at magick.  I do not intend to get dragged into a debate on whether or not magick is real as it derails from the topic of this thread.  Still your feedback so far has been most useful, and I appreciate your polite manner of speaking.

:lol:

@Not A Rockstar  I don't think they read into things too well! :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, Piney said:

It looks to me like the same thing. Someone wanting to start a cult following. 

Isn't that pretty much what new age occultism has turned into? 

I honestly think the real practices of magic have long since died and what we are seeing is its corpse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Exactly my thoughts. Anyway, I have football to watch. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

:lol:

@Not A Rockstar  I don't think they read into things too well! :lol:

What? I think I have a polite manner of speaking :( 

LOL, later, Bro. Football is almost over for a few months and I have a game to watch and some cooking to do. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Isn't that pretty much what new age occultism has turned into? 

I honestly think the real practices of magic have long since died and what we are seeing is its corpse.

It remains, X Man. I think of it as waves on a beach. Leaves a few sea urchins and heads back out again for a while :) 

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It remains, X Man. I think of it as waves on a beach. Leaves a few sea urchins and heads back out again for a while :) 

But among the filler, what is the true essence of it? Even now that I've shredded it all away I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at. The only think I can tell is that life is a magical act. Everything else is just filler and nonsense.

• Like 1

I am 39.  I'm having my birthday party later today actually.  My intent was to catch onto a trend and explain it's definition in terms of religion.  This document gets different types of feedback to different target audiences.  Most of the feedback here is negative, and therefore more valuable as some people (like yourself) provide actual constructive critcism to go with the various insults.  There are other target audiences however to whom half or more of this information is already known to them who respond differently than a message board of skeptics and atheists. 

You are correct about the targeting of general new age type of stuff and trying to create something similar to that that is unique.  Feedback on sites targeting occultists and my friends indicates success in this.  Obviously not so much so here.  There is nothing new under the sun in that area here, which is ironic because I have another document called "Something New Under the Sun" which I probably won't be sharing here.

I’m new here as well, but I walked in slowly a few sentences at first  — and yet beat up, punched and kicked almost immediately.  I figured it to be  like an initiation of sorts.  I came here to see if I could find an answer to an Unexplained Mysterious experience that has haunted me for seven years.  As I have learned the hard way things of this sort cannot be shared with friends or family so I thought perhaps a friendly stranger.  I thought wrong.  Perhaps it meant to remain secret.  

Do Stick around. I sense good in you.   I’ll give you an ear, and I’ll be kind.  Promise.  I find your thesis interesting, however I think it’s best to keep ideas as impersonal as possible,  I never mention things like Annunakis or Illuminati’s or things of this sort.  I do think there is something to the idea of a union with ones higher self.  What else could it have been? Perhaps this works with your Angelkin. 

Edited by Festina Lente

You may want to consider breaking things down a little further. It's kinda a very hard read, maybe it's just me. 

Welcome to the forum.

Peace

• Like 1