Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Otherkin Religious Identity

Illuminous Operations

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

it really boils down to training your mind, the tools help, but it is your mind that is the real tool. 

Yes.

and from there, the heart, if you get lucky.

• Like 3

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

Yes.

and from there, the heart, if you get lucky.

Yes, well, my luck has been my kids.  They have kept my heart from shriveling up and they have taught me a lot. 

I am not so sure it really is luck though.  Like you mentioned before, we choose this, everything important in our lives, we chose.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Ouch, it's never a credibility boost for an article or essay when the very first piece of info is wrong. In the case of that otherkin tome that faux pas came when the author claimed that Christianity is an Abrahamic religion. 

And the ethos of "figure it out for yourself" (unwieldy, btw) is better called "the empirical method."

And the otherkin woo doesn't pass the empirical sniff test.

However, something sure did start to stink as I was reading.

How do you figure Christianity isn't an Abrahamic religion? It's usually noted as one of the three largest of the Abrahamic faiths along with Islam and Judaism.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

Ouch, it's never a credibility boost for an article or essay when the very first piece of info is wrong. In the case of that otherkin tome that faux pas came when the author claimed that Christianity is an Abrahamic religion. 

And the ethos of "figure it out for yourself" (unwieldy, btw) is better called "the empirical method."

And the otherkin woo doesn't pass the empirical sniff test.

However, something sure did start to stink as I was reading.

Do you know what "abrahamic religion" refers to?  Yes, christianity is an abrahamic religion.  :lol:

• Like 3

On 1/26/2020 at 6:25 PM, Illuminous Operations said:

Nephalim are the creation of the fallen angel Azazel and his people who had sex with human females and created a half human half angel hybrid.  They are the height of Annukites (about 15 feet tall) but without wings.  Apparently drinking blood is a thing.  This is explained in the Book of Enoch and also in the Torah.

An angelkin in my particular document is not a hybrid between a human and an angel, but a person who spent a past life as an Annukite and then reincarnated into human form and was reborn as a human.  For this reason Nephalim are compatible with the Abrahamic faiths, but angelkin are not.

It seems like you just want to remove the idea of angel from Abrahamic beliefs when they clearly derive from them...because you want to ascribe extraterrestrial origins with Sitchin/von Daniken drivel.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 4:26 AM, Illuminous Operations said:

Otherkin - A person who unlike the majority of humans who have spent past lives as animals on this world has spent past lives as a more advanced sentient being, usually on another world, and has come in this life to reincarnate into a human body.  I.E. Angelkin could be Annukites, Dragonkin could have been actual dragons, etc etc.

Furries.

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2020 at 1:19 PM, GlitterRose said:

It seems like you just want to remove the idea of angel from Abrahamic beliefs when they clearly derive from them...because you want to ascribe extraterrestrial origins with Sitchin/von Daniken drivel.

It's entirely possible that the Christian and Jewish religions which claims the world is 8,000 years old (if you don't know google it) and that all mankind's problems are caused by a talking snake who tricked the first 2 humans into eating some magick fruit is the valid source of angels.  However science would seem to indicate the world is older than 8,000 years old, that we evolved from another species and that snakes do not talk or eat dust.  Sure the books of Moses, part of the Torah, in the Jewish and Christian religions that claim these things may be the source of the concept of angels which is where they first mentioned them.

Alternatively we could live in a very old universe, have evolved from another species, and other lifeforms could live in this enormous universe such as angels.  Scientists have located a planet that can support life only 3 galaxies away.  It has oxygen and everything.  The old Sumerian religion that claims angels came from above the earth in the heavens in ships and mined the earth for gold (gold is the strongest conduit of electricity out of all elements on this planet and would be useful for ships if they use electricity) that doesn't actually contradict anything scientific in making these claims could also be the source of angels. This idea of angels could have been stolen from the religion whose beliefs don't contradict science in their version of angels (Sumerian) by the other religion whose books have numerous contradictions of science (Juedo-Christian).

But yea, I could be wrong, but that's the idea I'm pitching.  I didn't make up any of these ideas I just researched both religions and formed my own conclusions.

I would like to point out here that Christianity did not become more popular than the Sumerian religion through a democratic or scientific process in which they proved the validity of their beliefs.  They did so through several millennia of murdering everyone who challenged their beliefs, starting with Constantine and the formation of the Roman Catholic Church, including scientists who challenged the Bible by saying things like the world revolves around the sun, feminists who believed they had a right to choose who they marry, and gays who felt they deserved the right to live, and Pagans all of whom were considered evil.  We have come this far as a society because challenging another person's version of history and theology without fear of death and murder is a scholarly pursuit, not an attack on freedom.  I could be wrong, but someone has to raise awareness of these points for anyone in society to understand them.

I just think the idea of aliens is more logical than the idea of being formed out of clay and a rib, the talking snake, the 8,000 year old timeline in which the earth was formed (somehow before the universe) and all that.  I feel as if the Sumerian religion like all religions that are very old is not perfect and capable of being flawed in some parts of the theology.  However the idea that their version of angels as ETs doesn't really contradict science in the ways that the Jeudo-Christian version of religion does.

Edited by Illuminous Operations
Important Information added
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, moonman said:

So I tried breaking the OP into smaller pieces and selling it - I got laughed out if the market.

I'm guessing you're making a joke and not serious about violating the copyright on this document.  However even if you were telling the truth even I could have told you that would happen.  Out of context any particular part of the document is taken less seriously than the document as a whole.  On this particular message board the document as a whole is not seemingly taken seriously.  However I have found myself simply repeating the things the document already says again and again to people, because it's pretty clear a lot of people either aren't even bothering to read the document or lack the reading comprehension skills to remember the data when commenting so this method seems to be effective.

I can only assume the document is seen this way by a lot more people than I initally expected, and this feedback has been most useful.  I've considered posting some of the better documents here too, but when I posted this one the admins flagged me for promoting my website (which gets literally millions of viewers a year like as if I need message boards to promote it) so that's the main reason I decided not to bother.  This tested well with different target audiences, but some of the best negative feedback and constructive criticism I've gotten from this message board in particular.