Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fish farm plans rejected after fairy warning

UM-Bot

35 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You mean the zero quality, the zero consistency, and the plenty of tall tales? Psychic vision? You mean tall tales tellers that fool the extremely foolish and gullible?

Imagination is wonderful. It allows us to conjure up ideas of strange little creatures and big ones of which none exist except in our imaginations. 

Imagining that there is something beyond the "physical realm" is just imagination. 

It is fun to imagine things like this isn't it? 

I am just following a rational assessment of the evidence with all things considered.

This universe is much more than we see is my rational conclusion.

Denial of yet another, denial of yet another , denial of yet another.........is not rational after a point.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am just following a rational assessment of the evidence with all things considered.

This universe is much more than we see is my rational conclusion.

Denial, denial, denial is not rational after a point.

Denial, denial, denial is rational when the evidence points that out.

Just because something can be imagined does not make it so. Humans sprouting wings and flying away is not rational. Fish swimming through solid rocks is not rational.

The evidence is very clear. Your use of the term evidence is an attempt to fake the existence of evidence. Story telling does not make evidence.

This is a cute story about someone with a fun imagination writing an imaginative letter. 

I wonder why they did not mention selkie. Maybe it's not the correct area for that tale.

24 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Just because something can be imagined does not make it so. 

We actually agree on that. So then I will judge a body of anecdotes on a subject based on quantity, quality and consistency and form a rational judgment.

Hopefully they will at least bomb the ocean floor where the fish farm was supposed to be. We don't want those goddamn fairies getting out, imagined or not.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

We actually agree on that. So then I will judge a body of anecdotes on a subject based on quantity, quality and consistency and form a rational judgment.

The quantity, quality and consistency makes it abundantly clear that there are none of these things. That's the rational judgement. 

Really, the endless bickering of if personally folks here believe fairies (or other spooky) exist or if they believe they do not exist and why is moot. So many threads derailed to such pointless tail chasing on the parts of both sides of the belief spectrum. Get over it folks. Over 7 billion beliefs on the planet.

A bit back to the OP. Yes, there is folklore of the wee folk and their travel routes, including water. There have been superstitions of rerouting roads or places purported to be plagued when displacing or upsetting the wee folk. Not surprised water would be included as well. And yep, some folks used that folklore to write up a presentation.

But I'm fairly sure the fair folks didn't have much to do with the judgement in this case, though the presentation is delightful. Sounded more like the presentation was an amusement.. but was locals concerned with tourist trade and the looks of a fish farm along with fishermen concerned with a fish farm that swayed the judgement.

It's just a myth till all the fish die over and over.... Then its a coincidence.