Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Dark Mass" made torpedo disappear

Unusual Tournament

Navy Pilot Says ‘Dark Mass’ Made Torpedo Disappear

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Navy Pilot Says ‘Dark Mass’ Made Torpedo Disappear

The ocean scares the hell out of me. My heart rate is still racing after reading that thanks for the share!

• Like 5

The fact that this seemed to be in the neighborhood of Puerto Rico is interesting, bearing in mind that a lot of odd things do seem to have been seen in that neighborhood over the years. And while a lot of the talk about the "Bermuda Triangle" is of course a load of toot, some of the more rational sightings that people have reported, of strange and peculiar undersea disturbances and upwellings from the sea bed, magnetic anomalies and so on, do seem to bear some striking similarities to this. I think there may very definitely be some naturally occurring phenomena that might well repay much closer investigation. But anyone who does anything other than wave their hand and dismiss everything with a sneer of the lips is just dismissed with a sneer of the lips and a satirical cry of "Alienz!" None of these need have anything at all to do with any hypothetical alienz, but may well be something worthy of proper scientific investigation. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

"Alienz!" None of these need have anything at all to do with any hypothetical alienz, but may well be something worthy of proper scientific investigation. 

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The ocean scares the hell out of me. My heart rate is still racing after reading that thanks for the share!

Maybe it's the best of both worlds - terrifying aliens from the deepest, darkest ocean?  Originally from Jupiter, they arrived here by accident one Tuesday and found the bottom of the ocean is the only environment that suits them.  Now and then one of them explores our low-pressure world, but on the whole they are content with their lot, feasting on gargantuan squid and the occasional shipwreck.  I think we should leave them alone, just in case they still have alien weapons down there.

Or it might be something else.

• Like 1

It doesn't say how large. I was out on a party boat fishing and the captain was telling me about one night he saw something larger than his ship swimming under it on the … fish finder? Sonar? I am not a boat sort of person :( and it scared the life out of him until it was well away from him. Maybe a large whale or something, he wasn't inferring alienz, just something unexpected for that area. Maybe a large animal of some sort thought the torpedo was food?

IDK. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It doesn't say how large. I was out on a party boat fishing and the captain was telling me about one night he saw something larger than his ship swimming under it on the … fish finder? Sonar? I am not a boat sort of person :( and it scared the life out of him until it was well away from him. Maybe a large whale or something, he wasn't inferring alienz, just something unexpected for that area. Maybe a large animal of some sort thought the torpedo was food?

IDK. 

that is so so much worse than aliens :no:

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

that is so so much worse than aliens :no:

agreed. If I cannot see the bottom, I don't swim in it. The one party boat trip experience was enough, LOL. Sharks can stay in the water and I will take the land.

• Like 1

One thing I would like to do before I die is take one of those trips to see the orcas and whales in Alaska. As long as I can see shore, I could deal with that to see the Orcas. Only bucket list item I have not done yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

One thing I would like to do before I die is take one of those trips to see the orcas and whales in Alaska. As long as I can see shore, I could deal with that to see the Orcas. Only bucket list item I have not done yet.

I am laughing my ass off because it was standing on the deck of a Princess Tours whale watching ship out of Seward, AK that I discovered my absolute terror of the ocean. I had no idea and it wasnt until we were in a bay with whales that it hit. I wasnt really sure what was happening to me but all of a sudden I couldnt let go of the railing . :lol:

Edited by Farmer77
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Hi Rockstar

Back in 1972 I was at a military base in Churchill Manitoba and we went out in the James Bay travelling to Fort St. James an old Hudson's Bay trading post to tour around. We were in small boats and we had a sperm whale keep us company it would pass close by under the boat then rise up in front of us then dive and pass under again it was a memorable experience.

jmccr8

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1