Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Noema Novel

Have you ever had a dream that disturbed you?

Noema Novel

Have you ever experienced something you couldn’t explain, or had a dream that disturbed you because it felt so real? Have you ever tried to explain this to anyone only to be told that you have “an over-active imagination”?

Since everyone perceives everything in their mind, “reality” can only ever be what our minds make it, so that what seems real to us is real. Do you agree that if more people accepted this, they might be kinder and more tolerant to one another?

Are you willing to help make this happen by sharing your own experiences of your reality with others who will not judge or criticise it but will accept it on its own terms?

rashore

Welcome to UM Nomea :st

I think it's normal for most people to have had a dream or few that are incredibly real and you wake up a bit disturbed by it. Night terrors are probably a good example of it.

• Like 1

Crikey

I've never had dreams that "disturbed" me but have had occasional mildly "uncomfortable" ones (flying or floating out in space etc), but every time there's been a part of my subconscious comforting me by telling me "it's not real, it's only a dream".

Bed of chaos

Well I think the sleep paralysis card gets overplayed here (even by me sometimes). Also there's similar sleeping disorders that create auditory/visual hallucinations (that rarely get mentioned). With that said I see a mix on forum of 1) those who appear honest-simply looking for answers 2) others who very well exhibit signs of mentall illness. 3) others who just crave attention, dabble in creative writing. I do believe unexplained phenomena/paranormal things can happen. However who gets to play judge/jury is beyond my comprehension. In regards to 'kinder and more tolerant' some of the skeptics on site are brutal. My personal opinion, most of the time justified (not always).

Edited by Bed of chaos

docyabut2

dreams are of self analysis and suggestions   

Edited by docyabut2

Crikey

Another slightly uncomfortable dream I sometimes have is where I'm back at the old family home thinking "Oh heck I've forgot to feed the mice!"  so I rush out to the garden shed to feed them.

The funny thing is that its been more than 40 years since I kept mice in the shed, but I suppose my subconscious can't switch itself off and feels obliged to "warn" me in dreams that I've forgot to feed them..:D

Habitat
5 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Another slightly uncomfortable dream I sometimes have is where I'm back at the old family home thinking "Oh heck I've forgot to feed the mice!"  so I rush out to the garden shed to feed them.

The funny thing is that its been more than 40 years since I kept mice in the shed, but I suppose my subconscious can't switch itself off and feels obliged to "warn" me in dreams that I've forgot to feed them..:D

I have had similar dreams to that. Maybe it is a reminder not to forget our responsibilities.

openozy
On 1/27/2020 at 10:43 PM, Noema Novel said:

or had a dream that disturbed you because it felt so real

I'd take notice of these, they could be linked to your gut feeling or intuition, they maybe a warning.

Crikey
33 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I have had similar dreams to that. Maybe it is a reminder not to forget our responsibilities.

Yes, as a cat lover I sometimes have another uncomfortable dream in which I'm in the old family home again, standing at the back door calling our cats in for their supper but they don't come and I realise they've disappeared. Again, it must be because the "caring" part of my subconscious can't switch itself off and keeps telling me to let them in and feed them, even though they all died many years ago.