Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bolton: Trump tied Ukraine aid to Biden

ExpandMyMind

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

So, if some people in foreign governments encouraged him to commit what you've been saying is a crime, then it's not a crime? Everyone just whistles loudly and looks away? Well done, Joe! Good ole Joe! He really stuck it to'em!

No sir.  As many people have pointed out in these threads, quid pro quo is how nations deal with each other on a regular basis,  

Quid pro quo works with North Korea and with Iran.  You be nice to us and we will be nice to you.  You mess with us and we will mess you up good. When an official uses the power of his state for personal gain, that is another thing entirely.  Thart is what President Trump is accused of doing.  That is why there is an impeachment hearing going on.  If the Senate votes to acquit, then it is deemed OK and will be the standard for future presidents.

39 minutes ago, simplybill said:

President Zelensky himself has said there was no quid pro quo.

Lol, must be true! Zelensky is an USA + #45 a**-kisser par excellence, so its not of relevance what he say in general.

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Mate, what are you even talking about? Where do you get your news from? The Obama administration was literally the least corrupt administration in your country's modern history, by every metric. The only place where this isn't true is in the mind of Republican pundits, "journalists" and their cultist followers. 

Eh.  His use of drones to kill US citizens without a trial left me with a sour taste.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Eh.  His use of drones to kill US citizens without a trial left me with a sour taste.

Helping to turn Libya into a third world country with open street slave markets was a pretty big one for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

No sir.  As many people have pointed out in these threads, quid pro quo is how nations deal with each other on a regular basis,  

Quid pro quo works with North Korea and with Iran.  You be nice to us and we will be nice to you.  You mess with us and we will mess you up good. When an official uses the power of his state for personal gain, that is another thing entirely.  Thart is what President Trump is accused of doing.  That is why there is an impeachment hearing going on.  If the Senate votes to acquit, then it is deemed OK and will be the standard for future presidents.

Oh, yes, accused and, of course, the Biden family had no economic stake in Ukraine whatsoever. Yeah. If you buy that I've got a bridge I'll sell you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Helping to turn Libya into a third world country with open street slave markets was a pretty big one for me.

I don't blame him too much for that.  It was the people of Libya that did that after Qaddafi was killed.  If anything I viewed it as proof of why the neocon ideology <cough Bolton> of violent regime change doesn't yield positive results. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don't blame him too much for that.  It was the people of Libya that did that after Qaddafi was killed.  If anything I viewed it as proof of why the neocon ideology <cough Bolton> of violent regime change doesn't yield positive results. 

Bolton didn't have anything to do with that, it was the violent neo-libs ;)  The only difference in foreign policy is the rhetoric the actions are indistinguishable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Bolton didn't have anything to do with that, it was the violent neo-libs ;)  The only difference in foreign policy is the rhetoric the actions are indistinguishable.

Yeah, Hillary and Bolton are cut from the same cloth when it comes to the use of the military. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Two wrongs don't cancel each other out and are completely separate issues.

Not when only ONE is being held accountable.  Or can't you see that?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Hoo boy.  I sure hope no one is standing near you when your "bubble" finally pops.

The resulting splatter mess will need its own Superfund designation for proper clean-up.

I plan to enjoy their pizzing and moaning like a fine wine.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bee said:

when the latest thing is THE THING that
will bring Trump down..... and it never does......

The thing here is that Bolton's accusations, IF he isn't deposed under oath, will be a fall back position for these swine from now on.  I'm beginning to think that it will be worth hearing him as long as Hunter and Schiff are brought forward to cower under the 5th or try their luck with REAL prosecutors asking questions.  Somehow, I doubt that deal will ever be accepted though.  Coward scum that they are, they won't risk the house of cards coming down.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

but so far there has been nothing so egregious to sway the terrified republicans into siding against him.

Egregious:

egregious: 1 adj conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible "an egregious lie" Synonyms: crying , flagrant , glaring , gross , rank conspicuous obvious to the eye or mind

There have been PLENTY of egregious accusations and lies by your side of this equation.  All you've done is harden the resolve of his supporters, well done!  

You're kidding yourself if you think we're afraid of what's happening.  Have you noticed that no matter WHAT they've brought against him for 3 long years, he always comes out smelling like a rose?  Uncanny, innit?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Agent0range said:

What should he do?  Alert the Department of Justice, which typically keeps investigations in to citizens under wraps until a determination is made.  What did he do?  Asked a nation which he has called corrupt multiple times to ANNOUNCE an investigation in to corruption on a private citizen...for one reason, and one reason only...

Could you remind us all of when they made that announcement?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

But, Shokin was a corrupt Ukrainian investigator.

Did you bother to listen to the expose on the Biden's during the trial today?  Joe and his family are cold busted for corruption and the reek of it should make Dems RUN from them.  They won't of course.  Hunter had multiple opportunities to do the right thing and he chose to keep swilling the cash.  Ditto for creepy Joe.  Hunter isn't a very stable person, mentally and I'd love to see him crushed on the stand.  

1 minute ago, and then said:

Did you bother to listen to the expose on the Biden's during the trial today?  Joe and his family are cold busted for corruption and the reek of it should make Dems RUN from them.  They won't of course.  Hunter had multiple opportunities to do the right thing and he chose to keep swilling the cash.  Ditto for creepy Joe.  Hunter isn't a very stable person, mentally and I'd love to see him crushed on the stand.  

Where's the transcript?

Where's the data on Fortune 500 board members?

And how does this answer the questions about Shokin?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Not when only ONE is being held accountable.  Or can't you see that?

I can see that they should each be checked out, one isn't so I should ignore the other?  No.  The two alleged crimes are are two separate occurrences.  This isn't the NFL where a hold on the offensive line can offset an illegal pick play and do the down over again.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Where's the transcript?

Where's the data on Fortune 500 board members?

And how does this answer the questions about Shokin?

Let's hear from Hunter and Joe, shall we?

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I can see that they should each be checked out, one isn't so I should ignore the other?  No.  The two alleged crimes are are two separate occurrences.  This isn't the NFL where a hold on the offensive line can offset an illegal pick play and do the down over again.

Then it's hypocrisy and the people who support this president are SICK OF IT...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, and then said:

Let's hear from Hunter and Joe, shall we?

And the IMF, EDB, EU, Shokin's offsider and the anti-corruption officials Shokin did a number on to protect himself.  Shokin's form is more relevant.

Also of relevance is the selection process of board members for an natural gas company.

Board selection process

Maintaining a board of directors whose members are diverse in gender, race, work and life experiences, geography and fields of expertise is critical to our success in a globalized market. The board affairs committee recommends board of director candidates in accordance with the Guidelines for the Selection of Non-Employee Directors, which is reviewed regularly by the board. Diversity is a key consideration.

The board affairs committee, supported by an independent executive search firm, looks for highly qualified non-employee candidates with demonstrated leadership, competency and a commitment to represent the interests of all shareholders. Other desirable qualities include:

• Individuals who have achieved prominence in their fields;
  • Diversity of life experiences and backgrounds, as well as gender and ethnic diversity;
  • Experience and demonstrated expertise in managing large, relatively complex organizations, such as that of chief executive officers or senior executives of a significant company or organization, with responsibilities for global operations;
  • Financial and other risk management expertise;
  • Experience on one or more boards of significant public organizations or nongovernmental organizations;
  • Expertise resulting from significant professional or academically-based scientific or research activities; and
  • Experience with cyclical businesses, such as commodities.

https://www.exxonmobil.com.au/community-engagement/sustainability-report/corporate-governance/board-leadership#boardSelectionProcess

There's no indication that "no experience in natural gas, no experience in the energy sector" is a deal breaker.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

Obviously fake news. They don't even look similar....

vindman%20brothers.png

You're right; something about them doesn't pass the smell test.

Aleksandr and Yevgeny Vindman were both born in the Soviet Union, you know.

With all of the hysteria the Dems have ginned up about Russian spies, it's looking like they have a couple of their own planted in the halls of US gov't.

It's all starting to make sense now...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, yes, accused and, of course, the Biden family had no economic stake in Ukraine whatsoever.

Just some facts would be good,  The Trump family has business interests all over the world.  None of that is illegal either.

So far, reports from Europe, Ukraine and the US say the prosecutor that got fired was not investigating Burisma and in fact the oligarch that owned it was the prosecutor's buddy. I think somebody mentioned that the British courts dropped a case against Burisma at the behest of this very prosecutor.

If you have other evidence, that would be great.  I don't get my jollies defending the Bidens.  And thanks, I am not in the market for a bridge right now.  But if I ever need one, I'll know who to call.

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Sure is. Do the investigation present the data.  Send the b*****s to jail.  I will trust your team, Durham or whoever you choose, but come up with the facts not  opinions.  Put your facts where your mouth is.  Get the truth out.

The facts are there.  They’ve been repeated many times in public.  There are clips, documents and now a book with all that in it.  It’s your choice if you want to remain blind to the facts.

Yes they did and a few of his associates wound up in jail, not because it is a coup or witch hunt but because they committed crimes that are defined by US law and have a punishment.  

And again, none of these crimes had anything to do with Russia collusion.  The DOJ had just recently released a statement that at least the last two FISA warrants were inappropriate.  Carter Page now has grounds to sue.  It is all beginning to unravel.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

The facts are there.  They’ve been repeated many times in public.  There are clips, documents and now a book with all that in it.  It’s your choice if you want to remain blind to the facts.

Trump Admits to Withholding Evidence From Impeachment Inquiry