Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Store CCTV captures 'paranormal activity'

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Store CCTV captures 'paranormal activity'

Tempered glass can spontaneously break like that due to stresses even at the tiniest point. No paranormal anything needed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If this is a CCTV camera, then why is it wobbling ? And why do we see such a short snippet ? And why is it mobile-phone aspect ratio ? 

Somebody stood with a mobile phone and took this video. Why where they recording, JUST when the glass smashed. Bit of a co-incidence, no ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If this is a CCTV camera, then why is it wobbling ? And why do we see such a short snippet ? And why is it mobile-phone aspect ratio ? 

Somebody stood with a mobile phone and took this video. Why where they recording, JUST when the glass smashed. Bit of a co-incidence, no ? 

It's a clip of that particular incident recorded off the CCTV monitor using a mobile phone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Saru said:

It's a clip of that particular incident recorded off the CCTV monitor using a mobile phone.

Hmmm.... OK..... 

The clip is way to sort, anything could of happened seconds prior to the start of this clip

• Like 2

Come on, folks..... it was "formerly a 19th-Century funeral parlour" FFS.

What shop owners are gonna smash their own display case?  IMHO, this is an open-and-shut coffin. :yes:

Edit:

case

• Like 1

The old pellet gun trick.  Nothing to see here people.  Move along.

• Like 2

I spent a few minutes going through their youtube channel. A lot of things falling off of shelves and walls. My first thought is you should invest in sturdier wall hangings and leveler shelves. Nothing on there was unexplainable, but I have to say if I worked somewhere where stuff just kept randomly flying off of shelves it might get unnerving. I don't have anything to offer on why the glass shattered, but there at least a few non-paranormal explanations for how that could have happened.

TBH, if I were an investigator I'd certainly be interested in getting to the bottom of what's happening here since there are multiple occurrences. Of course we can't rule out trickery for publicity's sake, but a decent investigator should be able to rule that out (or in) pretty quickly.

Edited by Calibeliever
a word
  • Like 1

This video is WAY old, we've talked about it here before. Tempered glass can explode with little provocation, I've seen it happen.

Edited by moonman

Well, glass exploding could possibly have a natural explanation but in conjunction with all the other alleged incidents in the shop I'm thinking a paranormal explanation is more likely.

Yes, it's that time again:

Papameter Reading on Exploding Cabinet Glass:

Paranormal 65%   Normal 35%

• Haha 3

On 1/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, Crikey said:

Any particular reason why the glass exploded outwards instead of inwards?

These things so often turn out to be advertising gimmicks.

For all we know the glass was already broken and they decided to use the broken glass as advertising before repairing the cabinet.

This is so similar to so many other advertising gimmicks that people have posted.

papameter: 0% paranormal 100% advertising gimmick

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

These things so often turn out to be advertising gimmicks.

I have seen a  number of these type videos by now. Not once do I recall one proven to be an advertising gimmick. I do believe though that for about 100% of these type videos that I recall determined skeptics calling 'advertising gimmick'.  

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

For all we know the glass was already broken and they decided to use the broken glass as advertising before repairing the cabinet.

This is so similar to so many other advertising gimmicks that people have posted.

Papameter reading has been posted and holds:

Paranormal 65%   Normal 35%

My papameter still holds

Not ever, not once has anything been proved to be more than imagination. 

You are of course dead wrong about never having been proven to be an advertising gimmick. 

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

My papameter still holds

Not ever, not once has anything been proved to be more than imagination. 

You are of course dead wrong about never having been proven to be an advertising gimmick. 

Sir, at least give your meter its own name!! Thinking outside the box may not be your forte but, come on here!

24 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Sir, at least give your meter its own name!! Thinking outside the box may not be your forte but, come on here!

I always think outside of the box. I'm not stuck in the dismal failure of woo as some are.

My papameter still holds

As  is clear you did not address being fooled previously by an advertising gimmick.

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

As  is clear you did not address being fooled previously by an advertising gimmick.

??? What case is that?

And anyway the Papameter knows hoaxes are a possibility. Do you think the Papameter could possibly be that stupid to not know that? It estimates likelihood of all the possibilities!

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

??? What case is that?

And anyway the Papameter knows hoaxes are a possibility. Do you think the Papameter could possibly be that stupid to not know that? It estimates likelihood of all the possibilities!

Papameter:  Fooled by advertising gimmick at least twice.  Here is one result.

80% paranormal ; 20% Hoax ; 0% Natural Causes

32 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Papameter:  Fooled by advertising gimmick at least twice.  Here is one result.

How do you think that made any sense without a specific case? An even a gimmick possibility was covered by the Papameter. 

Here is another case of being fooled by an advertising gimmick.

60% Paranormal / 40% hoax or natural phenomena to 70/30

Papageorge1's papameter goes for the advertising gimmick.

Like I stated, two failures despite the statement above and here it is: "Not once do I recall one proven to be an advertising gimmick."

It happens. You get fooled when you are stuck in the woo box with the false belief of thinking outside the box.

10 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Here is another case of being fooled by an advertising gimmick.

Papageorge1's papameter goes for the advertising gimmick.

Like I stated, two failures despite the statement above and here it is: "Not once do I recall one proven to be an advertising gimmick."

It happens. You get fooled when you are stuck in the woo box with the false belief of thinking outside the box.

Stereo, your posts are making less sense than usual today. Is there a reason? It probably comes across as snide criticism but I am serious. You are now on to case two and you still haven’t shown case one.

I’ve debated with you a hundred times before but you made more sense than this.

22 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Stereo, your posts are making less sense than usual today. Is there a reason? It probably comes across as snide criticism but I am serious. You are now on to case two and you still haven’t shown case one.

I’ve debated with you a hundred times before but you made more sense than this.

I pointed out two cases of advertising gimmick in which you claimed it was paranormal. You tried to suggest you've never fallen for an advertising gimmick and I showed that was wrong in two cases.

Please try to keep up.

It's okay to be wrong. Just admit that you fell for two advertising gimmicks. It has probably happened more often but two mistakes is enough.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 1