Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Dad and son film 'Ogopogo' in Canadian lake

38 posts in this topic

MissJatti

Its an escaped fugitive, couldn't you hear the police helicopter, and see the police boat towards the end of the video

• Haha 3

Myles

Doesn't look like much.

I wonder why it took a year and a half to release the footage?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gilbert Syndrome

People never learn. You're more likely to see Bryan Adams floating through the Canadian breeze on Bret the Hitman Hart's sunglasses than you are to ever see a "monster" in any lake on earth. Same ****, different day. 

87wolf

Grainy footage from a billion feet away (sigh)

• Like 1

acute

I think we are all agreed.

It's an Ogopogolog.

• Haha 2

DieChecker

I took a pic of a log in the Willamette River today. Looks like a crocodile to me. Just goes to show most of the time these things are logs.

20200129_113330_compress95.jpg

• Like 3

Davros of Skaro

It's a wave. We have them around the lake by me.

• Like 1

NCC1701

It does not make waves while moving. It is a wave.

• Like 1

glorybebe

A wave on same lake

PhotoPictureResizer_200130_102908683_crop_657x352.jpg

jbondo

Seems the consensus here is "log". However, it seems these people filming are local, which probably means they've seen lots of logs in the lake and know the difference. That said, I'm sure it's something unspectacular such as a Plesiosaurus  Wait, is that the same thing as a Obobingo or whatever?

glorybebe
9 minutes ago, jbondo said:

Seems the consensus here is "log". However, it seems these people filming are local, which probably means they've seen lots of logs in the lake and know the difference. That said, I'm sure it's something unspectacular such as a Plesiosaurus  Wait, is that the same thing as a Obobingo or whatever?

Actually, most of us on here who live near or on this lake say wave.  You see it when two boats go opposite directions, it causes a rolling on the surface, even when you don't see the rest of the wakes 

• Like 1

jbondo
23 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Actually, most of us on here who live near or on this lake say wave.  You see it when two boats go opposite directions, it causes a rolling on the surface, even when you don't see the rest of the wakes 

Makes sense to me! However, you'd think (not so much in a lake) in the vastness of the oceans that cover most of the earth, there could be something really big that is still undiscovered. Such as something that lives really deep and seldom approaches the surface. Then again, maybe not. Be cool if there were some Megalodons swimming around. Of course, I don't currently spend time out on the water, so I suppose they might not be that welcome by some who do.

• Like 1

Amanda Evans

Yes it is probably a log but it's still pretty cool.