Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guardian to ban advertising from fossil fuel

toast

:tu:

The Guardian will no longer accept advertising from oil and gas companies, becoming the first major global news organisation to institute an outright ban on taking money from companies that extract fossil fuels.

The move, which follows efforts to reduce the company’s carbon footprint and increase reporting on the climate emergency, was announced on Wednesday and will be implemented with immediate effect. The ban will apply to any business primarily involved in extracting fossil fuels, including many of the world’s largest polluters.

The Guardian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i did not think gas and oil industries need advertising, we use them whether we want it or not, we all buy gas\diesel, and use electricity, we all use plastics made from oil, and myriads of other things, if guardian wants to look PC, it is their right, buy they will not change the industry, or anything else, exsept what is printed on their pages, 

now i wonder how much fossil fuels guardian itself uses, or anything related to fossil fuel industry

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

i did not think gas and oil industries need advertising, we use them whether we want it or not, we all buy gas\diesel, and use electricity, we all use plastics made from oil, and myriads of other things, if guardian wants to look PC, it is their right, buy they will not change the industry, or anything else, exsept what is printed on their pages, 

now i wonder how much fossil fuels guardian itself uses, or anything related to fossil fuel industry

In the U.S. when ever there is a vote that will determine a change to the way oil companies steal their money from the government we get blasted with all kinds of ads and television commercials bragging about how the oil companies are taking good care of us.

Bless their virtue-signaling hearts :-*

• Like 6

i have only seen commercials for gas brands here in nyc. (our gas is better than their gas) i may have missed others, but most likely they are not showing them here,   but regardless of their adds, i still buy\use gas, and other products made from oil, and so does every single person on earth, well almost every single person. 

one thing i've learned the hard way, never fill up with  lukoil gas,  my brand new car threw CEL light after filling up with that crap. 

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

i did not think gas and oil industries need advertising, we use them whether we want it or not, we all buy gas\diesel,

From different suppliers. If there is competition, marketing is needed (lesson 1 in marketing)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

In the U.S. when ever there is a vote that will determine a change to the way oil companies steal their money from the government we get blasted with all kinds of ads and television commercials bragging about how the oil companies are taking good care of us.

Exactly. Over the last years, especially car fuel companies changed their marketing from "your car will be faster if you use our fuel" to "like you, we love the dolphins very much and we are taking care of them all over the world". Hypocrites.

• Like 2

The Guardian has become completely disconnected from reality. If it truly believes that the world should do without fossil fuels, it should support nuclear power. Let's see it do that. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 7:46 AM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The Guardian has become completely disconnected from reality. If it truly believes that the world should do without fossil fuels, it should support nuclear power. Let's see it do that. 

The Guardian lol, that is where the leftists go for their latest apocalyptic nonsense, or it is a bit like The Truth rag, not allowing conservative dress ad's.

:P

Excellent...another nail in the coffin.:tsu:

(of the Guardian)

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2