Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep paralysis?

Bayleep

Late at night. Around Christmas time. Sleeping in bed with a large mirror in front of it. Woke up to a dark, demonic looking, figure screaming at me in a language I couldn’t understand. I was i able to move or speak. I tried to yell at it to leave, and couldn’t get any air. Lasted about 5 minutes. When I fully awake my muscles were extremely tired. Felt as thought I actually fought the thing away.  January 29th, around 3pm. Woke up to what I thought was someone in my house (downstairs as I couldn’t see them), I kept trying to turn my tv off so they wouldn’t hear, as well as reaching for my pistol in my bedside table. I was i able to do both for about 5 minutes. I ask imagines I was out of bed walking and had my gun but noticed it was jammed so I tried to fix it. But when I finally woke up completely and I was still in bed, tv on, and gun untouched. I also woke up feeling very exhausted and scared.  

• Like 1

I just want to ask if you make a habit of sleeping with the television on?  Welcome to the forum.  :st

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

How were your stress levels about then and level of depression or low mood around the holiday? How are you doing since then?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I just want to ask if you make a habit of sleeping with the television on?  Welcome to the forum.  :stNot often at all, I just fell asleep while watching a movie. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

How were your stress levels about then and level of depression or low mood around the holiday? How are you doing since then?

Stress levels are usually high, just from work related reasons. I don’t consider to be depressed at all. Holidays are a low point for me although. 

9 minutes ago, Bayleep said:

Late at night. Around Christmas time. Sleeping in bed with a large mirror in front of it. Woke up to a dark, demonic looking, figure screaming at me in a language I couldn’t understand. I was i able to move or speak. I tried to yell at it to leave, and couldn’t get any air. Lasted about 5 minutes. When I fully awake my muscles were extremely tired. Felt as thought I actually fought the thing away.  January 29th, around 3pm. Woke up to what I thought was someone in my house (downstairs as I couldn’t see them), I kept trying to turn my tv off so they wouldn’t hear, as well as reaching for my pistol in my bedside table. I was i able to do both for about 5 minutes. I ask imagines I was out of bed walking and had my gun but noticed it was jammed so I tried to fix it. But when I finally woke up completely and I was still in bed, tv on, and gun untouched. I also woke up feeling very exhausted and scared.  

You are repressing your dark side into your unconscious to conform to what society and/or religion has moulded you into believing is a moral human being.

While you shouldn't play out your darker motivations in society (or you will get locked up) why not watch a Purge Film and be truthful with yourself about it. Your darkness is part of you, its okay to acknowledge and accept that side to yourself exists. Once you do then your demonic night visits will stop.

Mind has primacy (reality arises from the mind, not the other way around) and currently the repression that exists for yourself has split your mind into two - your Jackal mind and your Hyde mind. As mind has primacy both have created a physical entity for themselves.

Your Hyde mind is the demonic entity you are encountering at night. It is pure evil because with the repressed side of your mind that contains your pure evil. The separation is causing your Hyde mind to suffer which is why it is putting in appearances which are an attempt to get your attention. It wants to be absorbed back into your conscious mind.

Stop dis-identifying with your dark side, stop repressing it. Letting it exist in your conscious mind is not the same as acting on it. Let it exist in your conscious mind, reunifying your Jackal and Hyde minds to become whole again.

And if you struggled with any of the above then you could read about shadow integration in psychology or watch Jackal and Hyde.

That post is either a work of genius, or total b******s ! And dare I say The "jackal" allusion a Freudian Slip !  ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

read about edgar Cayce of dreams make a sense

Everything we attract into our lives which we dont like is connected to an aspect of ourselves we are repressing and dis-identifying from.

Life is a self-correction feedback loop to move us into a state of being whole again.

Whatever is on TV could be filtering into your dreams. If you have sleep disorder...I'd guess sleep paralysis and firearms dont mix well together. 

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

Whatever is on TV could be filtering into your dreams. If you have sleep disorder...I'd guess sleep paralysis and firearms dont mix well together. 

Yeah, the part about reaching for the gun was disturbing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, the part about reaching for the gun was disturbing.

I see your point. However when these “dreams” occur, I feel as though I am fully awake. Therefor, in most recent experience, I was reaching for the gun because I thought someone was in my house. I am a well trained  gun owner and know the precautions. Didn’t post this story to be about the gun. It’s about wether this is a problem I should talk with a doctor about or just stress. 

I'd say yes probably sleep paraylis, the times its happened to me was usually during times of

high stress in my life.

10 hours ago, Bayleep said:

I see your point. However when these “dreams” occur, I feel as though I am fully awake. Therefor, in most recent experience, I was reaching for the gun because I thought someone was in my house. I am a well trained  gun owner and know the precautions. Didn’t post this story to be about the gun. It’s about wether this is a problem I should talk with a doctor about or just stress. 

I suspect there are many factors involved and you should talk to a physician to get tests done to eliminate the possibility of a medical condition that could be anything from a thyroid issue to some other brain chemical issue.  While you are doing that I suggest you examine why you have so much anxiety that you keep a weapon within reach of your bed and list what you think your stresses are. 

Then also, any time you feel anxious write down the thoughts that led you to that, and any time you feel anger determine if it is based in present reality, (someone cut you off in traffic and you were angry for 2 minutes then fine) or if it is based in past anger that you have not acknowledged (someone cuts you off in traffic and it ruins your whole day or takes hours to get over). 

You are endangering yourself and your family by keeping a loaded weapon by your bed.  That is a trigger for me and I will not go in to why, but my trigger is why I mentioned the gun.  For me it is a bright red flashing light indicator that there is more going on in your head than you want to acknowledge.

Blessings on your journey. 

• 1 month later...

Have you ever had sleep paralysis before? What was on the t.v when you finally woke up? What kind of movie where you watching before you fell asleep? It’s quit common to have dream of waking up, with in dream, with in a dream. That can be exhausting. What do you do for living? Just in case you need a gun for work. Gun jamming to a cop or military man can be stressful, and frustrating. The thing in the mirror seen it before? Or just once. Mirror can be a reflection on how you see yourself subconsciously. Don’t know what choices you had to make in your life and regrets . My guess stress and frustration of the time of year, plus what was on the tv influenced the dream. 

Hi @Bayleep

The experience you recounted does have many characteristics of sleep paralysis, yes. I would say it is what you experienced that time - almost certainly. Because I myself get sleep paralysis from time to time, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

• Like 1