Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Species of Human.

Dejarma

As far as humans are concerned:

what's the difference between someone who'd think nothing of breaking into an elderly couples home, robbing them of everything & beating them to death (just because they can) & (hopefully) the likes of us?

Is someone capable of this a different species? Personally, I think they are== evolution? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

Is someone capable of this a different species? Personally, I think they are== evolution? 

Nope, just broken in the worse way. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Nope, just broken in the worse way. 

broken by who? Wouldn't <those doing the breaking> be in the same category?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

broken by who? Wouldn't <those doing the breaking> be in the same category?

Genes and environment. 

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

Genes and environment. 

yeah exactly= so what creates the Genes and environment? 

33 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

what's the difference between someone who'd think nothing of breaking into an elderly couples home, robbing them of everything & beating them to death (just because they can) & (hopefully) the likes of us?

Some people seem to have no regard for others and can cause harm to them without any regret or feelings of guilt. When this behavior is pervasive, a person may have a chronic mental health condition known as antisocial personality disorder. Sometimes people with antisocial personality disorder are called “sociopaths.”

peace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Children who have conduct disorder or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder before age 10 are at increased risk for having antisocial personality disorder as adults. This is particularly true for children with conduct disorder who are abused or neglected. Researchers estimate that 25% of girls and 40% of boys with conduct disorder will have antisocial personality disorder as adults.

Antisocial personality disorder occurs in roughly 3% of the U.S. population. The disorder occurs in men 6 times more often than in women. 80% of people with the disorder will have developed symptoms by the age of 11.

Peace

Edit to add link:https://www.psycom.net/antisocial-personality-disorder/

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
2c. Plagiarism and copyright: If you quote text from an external web site then please always provide a source link. Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting material from external sources, do not copy and paste entire articles o
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Some people seem to have no regard for others and can cause harm to them without any regret or feelings of guilt. When this behavior is pervasive, a person may have a chronic mental health condition known as antisocial personality disorder. Sometimes people with antisocial personality disorder are called “sociopaths.”

peace

yeah of course- so are they a different species? Because the are definitely not like me & all I know..... i don't know--- what do you think?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah of course- so are they a different species? Because the are definitely not like me & all I know..... i don't know--- what do you think?

Actually, they are born with a genetic disorder that effects their Frontal Lobe. For some unknown reason the portion of the frontal lobe that allows people to feel guilt, remorse, empathy isn't turned on in these people. So they go through life without ever feeling emotions that would not allow others to commit the terrible crimes that these people commit without any though.

Are they different species, no but they are very broken and there isn't anything they can do to change it. The best thing that can happen to people like this is to be diagnosed with this personality disorder when they are children. That way they can be given treatment which can stop the progression to terrible criminal acts. Unfortunately in most cases this disorder isn't caught until it's to late and they have started committing criminal activities.

peace

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah exactly= so what creates the Genes and environment? 

Many things. Too many to explain. There's whole textbooks on why it happens.

• Like 1

It’s not hard to think sometimes we make an assumption about something to quickly. A scientist would tell you the mind is a horrible thing to waste we must be careful about what we put in it cause there are a lot of monstrous software we can install in it. If you don’t filter out a lot of bad software in your mind every day on a day to day basis you never know what might meet your interest if you ponder on it long enough. Your mind can enjoy evil or good sometimes the both you have to decide for your mind don’t let it decide for you. But as far as another species of human out there they are a lot of human species out there a lot that will slip under the radar some that’s much greater than you and I !!  

Edited by Roccafella

I guess to some extent sociopathic and psychopathic traits are identifiable quite early on, but what can be done to stop them being expressed, a more difficult matter. You cannot take people out of circulation, because statistics say they are likely to offend.

They are what they are cause that’s what they wants to be you just have to eliminate them when they are found. And people should be careful cause bull**** can be detected as well some people just fall for anything. 

Edited by Roccafella

What is even more difficult to understand, are the women that write to, and become infatuated with, jailed, proven psychopathic killers. Some of those women have been female prison officers. There are some strange impulses resident in the human breast.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Short answer: No.

The quick and dirty definition of a species is a group of organisms that produce fertile offspring. I'll leave it to the biologists to get technical.

But sociopathic humans are perfectly capable of producing offspring with non-sociopathic humans. So they're part of the same species as everyone else.

I'd even venture to suggest it's not even a helpful idea to explore, given the ease with which the underlying concept can be abused. If, for example, the condition has a genetic basis, then labelling sociopaths a different species opens up any group of humans with a genetic condition to be labelled a "different species". Consider people who are deaf as a result of genes they inherited: are they a different species?

• Like 1

One might even speculate that the psychopath, the cold-blooded killer, was an asset in time of war, but a liability in civil society. To the extent it is genetic, then it could be said to be a product of natural selection, and not some inexplicable, "evil" aberration.

Edited by Habitat

6 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Species is defined by genetics.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:25 AM, Rlyeh said:

Species is defined by genetics.

That certainly correct, but do you account for genetic anomalies. Like the people who have personality disorders due to genetic defects that do not allow them to feel, remorse, pity, or any other human feeling that would prevent most people from committing terrible crimes. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20353928

look at cause

Peace

If we really knew answer there'd be less need for prisons, psychiatric facilities. In my opinion (I've previously stated) no one gives a **** about social services/counseling. Also assume depends of numerous circumstances. Mental illness, drugs, environment, depression, rejection, physical abuse, ect. Anyone ever read The Minority Report (Phillip Dick) deals with psychics (working w law enforcement) who predict crimes before they happen. What if 100 years from now we'd develop technology to predict criminal behavior. Or predict 'thought crimes' (like 1984 novel)..well probably not.

Edited by Bed of chaos

Lol just because people think differently doesn't mean they're a different species. 

That said, I honestly find it bewildering when I watch how people regard others and what people will do if they think they can get away with it. There just seems to be a general lack of empathy for others anymore. I know it's fun to talk about 'well back in my day!' but I've just noticed a degenerating lack of respect for others. It's actually very refreshing to know that someone truly is a good hearted person.