Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus cases confirmed in the UK

Still Waters

11 hours ago, joc said:

At the time of posting (3 weeks ago) it was correct. And these cases remain the exception to the rule and will continue to be so.

5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

At the time of posting (3 weeks ago) it was correct. And these cases remain the exception to the rule and will continue to be so.

I am not razzing you stevewinn...that's the point really, 3 weeks ago.  I was speculating if everyone in my family came down with it...who would live?  The whole point is not to say that you are wrong about anything, but rather how we don't really know much still about this virus.  The numbers in the US for example...Doubling every 2 days! 

If we were all just, ho-hum-its-not-that-bad, those numbers would probably continue...and for a short time they probably will anyway...but if that rate sustained...the full exposure point, meaning every person in America, would be confirmed by April 18th.  The numbers are readily available and are changing quite frequently.  Here is a good place to see the whole world at large.  The exponential rate at which this virus is spreading is really quite alarming and should be a wake up call to those who think 'it's not all that bad'.   The good news...if you can believe the Chinese Government numbers at all...is that the doubling rate in China is now 33 39 days.  Currently the death rate world wide is about 4%...which is quite huge considering that death via flu virus is 1%.

The lyrics to Pink Floyd's Sheep song from the Animals album really do ring true:

Better stay at home and do as your told, Stay out of the road if you want to grow old.

Edited by joc

28 minutes ago, joc said:

I am not razzing you stevewinn...that's the point really, 3 weeks ago.  I was speculating if everyone in my family came down with it...who would live?  The whole point is not to say that you are wrong about anything, but rather how we don't really know much still about this virus.  The numbers in the US for example...Doubling every 2 days! 

If we were all just, ho-hum-its-not-that-bad, those numbers would probably continue...and for a short time they probably will anyway...but if that rate sustained...the full exposure point, meaning every person in America, would be confirmed by April 18th.  The numbers are readily available and are changing quite frequently.  Here is a good place to see the whole world at large.  The exponential rate at which this virus is spreading is really quite alarming and should be a wake up call to those who think 'it's not all that bad'.   The good news...if you can believe the Chinese Government numbers at all...is that the doubling rate in China is now 33 39 days.  Currently the death rate world wide is about 4%...which is quite huge considering that death via flu virus is 1%.

The lyrics to Pink Floyd's Sheep song from the Animals album really do ring true:

Better stay at home and do as your told, Stay out of the road if you want to grow old.

Best practice take the precautions to keep you and yours safe. 

The demographic remains the same. all deaths in the UK have been people with underlying health issues.

These people with underlying health problems are also at high risk of succumbing to the Flu. if it wasn't for coronavirus it is highly likely the Flu would have been the cause of death. 

Yesterdays' figures for the UK.

UPDATE on coronavirus testing in the UK: As of 1pm on 19 March,

• A total of 64,621 have been tested:
  • 61,352 negative.
  • 3,269 positive.
  • 144 patients who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have sadly died.
  • 0.005% of the UK population Has tested positive for Covid-19.
  • 0.0002% have sadly died.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Best practice take the precautions to keep you and yours safe. 

The demographic remains the same. all deaths in the UK have been people with underlying health issues.

These people with underlying health problems are also at high risk of succumbing to the Flu. if it wasn't for coronavirus it is highly likely the Flu would have been the cause of death. 

Yesterdays' figures for the UK.

UPDATE on coronavirus testing in the UK: As of 1pm on 19 March,

• A total of 64,621 have been tested:
  • 61,352 negative.
  • 3,269 positive.
  • 144 patients who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) have sadly died.
  • 0.005% of the UK population Has tested positive for Covid-19.
  • 0.0002% have sadly died.

.0002% of the population have sadly died.    A key piece of the above information is missing...the survival rate...of the 3269 confirmed cases, there are only 67 who have recovered.  Of the 3269 confirmed cases...145 have died.  4%  That number may go up or down depending on how many actually survive...but .04 is consistent with the rest of the world's figures.  AND...btw...the Doubling Rate in the UK is also every 2 days currently.  All of this information in it's entirety can be found here.

These people with underlying health problems are also at high risk of succumbing to the Flu. if it wasn't for coronavirus it is highly likely the Flu would have been the cause of death

If there were 3269 confirmed cases of the flu...same demographics not withstanding....the death rate would only be 36.  Because the death rate for the flu is typically around 1% compared to the death rate of 4% for Covid-19.  If you look at the map...here...virtually every country in the world has at least one case of the virus.  Which before Christmas was practically unheard of except in China.

I have been sent home on holiday and told to go to Government for my wages.

I phoned as second after 08:00 and it took me 30 minutes to get through. That aint good lol.

• Sad 2

• The title was changed to 3,269 coronavirus cases now confirmed in UK
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I have been sent home on holiday and told to go to Government for my wages.

I phoned as second after 08:00 and it took me 30 minutes to get through. That aint good lol.

i thought the Govt was making payments to the employer to then pay their employees, is this not the case?

• Like 1

Let’s not forget other flu victims 

Approximately 20,000 in the US have died from H1N1 this flu season, 136 of them children under 4.  

Unfortunately, this year’s flu season has taken an extremely hard toll on children, with at least 136 deaths this season. According to the CDC, as of February 29, hospitalization rates among children aged 4 and under were the highest on record at this point in the flu season. The 136 child deaths also mark the highest on record since the 2009 H1N1 pandemic.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/03/09/panic-coronavirus-20000-died-from-flu

Not one child has died from Corona — not one.  The Great majority of Corona deaths are of very aged immune compromised sick People — 80+ Years old.  From pneumonia, which is a common cause of death amongst Very Old Sick People.  

Why are children 'missing' from coronavirus outbreak cases?

https://www.livescience.com/why-kids-missing-coronavirus-cases.html

Edited by Festina

39 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Biggest rise in deaths in a day as UK total hits 184

Sky news: Link

So that's nationally 39 deaths to the total.

Look at poor Italy. they are suffering something terrible, Italy has now had more deaths than China. Lombardy alone has had 380 deaths in 24hrs. nation wide 3,400+

• Sad 1

Well, it's what you wanted by voting in Johnson. The man has just destroyed thousands upon thousands of shops, cafes, pubs that do not have the cushion of big chain brewery ownership, independent music venues, nightclubs, you name it.  You wanted an ultra-authoritarian, ultra-rightwing conservative government, and you've got one. is it still worth it because he'll "tell Brussels where to stick it"? Perhaps RabidMongoose might think so, but anyone with any levelheadedness can only wish that they were living in Putin's Russia right now, which seems to be one of the very few sane nations left on earth. 

I think i may as well ****ing try and get the ****ing coronaviorus, since Johnson and the hysterics (such as some in this thread) have shut down the entire ****ing country. "Sadly 0.0002% have died", dear crapping lord. What th hell is the point sealing yourself off from humanity if when Johnson does permit us to emerge from hibernation ("in anything up to a year" now it is) there's absolutely nothing ****ing functioning. Well done ****ing Johnson. You've tipped me ****ing over the edge, you panicky hypocritical sanctimonious, horribly horribly fake little mini-dictator. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Well, it's what you wanted by voting in Johnson. The man has just destroyed thousands upon thousands of shops, cafes, pubs that do not have the cushion of big chain brewery ownership, independent music venues, nightclubs, you name it.  You wanted an ultra-authoritarian, ultra-rightwing conservative government, and you've got one. is it still worth it because he'll "tell Brussels where to stick it"? Perhaps RabidMongoose might think so, but anyone with any levelheadedness can only wish that they were living in Putin's Russia right now, which seems to be one of the very few sane nations left on earth. 

behave yourself. its embarrassing now.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

behave yourself. its embarrassing now.

isn't ****ing Johnson embarrassing you? The entire ****ing country being shut down by a panicking little twerp? It ain't ****ing funny anymore

• Haha 1

The people at the cafes I like to visit;. You know they'll be out of a job now. But it's a price worth paying to save lives? *wring hands sanctimoniously* God, what a horrid wretched little greasy sweaty creep 

Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

isn't ****ing Johnson embarrassing you? The entire ****ing country being shut down by a panicking little twerp? It ain't ****ing funny anymore

No, but you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"We will get through this. We will get through it together ". Oh you ghastly sweaty tousle-haired fake 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

No, but you are.

It must be a shock I know, seeing the reality of your hero

The only thing that remains to be done is that order everyone not to go out of their homes, like his authoritarian counterpart M. Macron. And that will very obviously be not far away. Perhaps tomorrow's headline. Would you agree with that, Steve? Would being put under house arrest by your beloved leader be a price worth paying?

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

i thought the Govt was making payments to the employer to then pay their employees, is this not the case?

Has it been implemented yet?

I hope so.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Bad mood?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Biggest rise in deaths in a day as UK total hits 184

Sky news: Link

It's been changed:

Biggest rise in deaths in a day as UK total hits 177

Sky: Link

"Some 3,983 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the United Kingdom.

"As of this morning, 66,976 people have been tested in the UK, of which 62,993 were confirmed negative.

"The Department of Health also confirmed earlier that the death toll stands at 177."

UK Mirror: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The only thing that remains to be done is that order everyone not to go out of their homes, like his authoritarian counterpart M. Macron. And that will very obviously be not far away. Perhaps tomorrow's headline. Would you agree with that, Steve? Would being put under house arrest by your beloved leader be a price worth paying?

Done in California and New York. They are the hardest hit and decidedly Democrat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Bad mood?

either that or cabin fever.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Has it been implemented yet?

I hope so.

Starting Monday. plus the govt grant. where employer can apply for grant to cover 80% of the salary of those not working, up to £2500 per worker. 

Best of luck mate.

I tell you what, the Chancellor has impressed me, i thought Prime Minister potential.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to Coronavirus cases confirmed in the UK