Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus cases confirmed in the UK

Still Waters

What Boris should have said during his speech was that all speculation on government CV19 policy should be banned from TV news and the press.

It is the endless speculation and then speculating on speculation that is causing turmoil on what the UK public think they can do and when.

Hopefully the news media's part in how the pandemic played out in the UK will be put under a spotlight in any future inquiry. ;) 

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Like 7

50 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

What Boris should have said during his speech was that all speculation on government CV19 policy should be banned from TV news and the press.

It is the endless speculation and then speculating on speculation that is causing turmoil on what the UK public think they can do and when.

Hopefully the news media's part in how the pandemic played out in the UK will be put under a spotlight in any future inquiry. ;) 

Brexit and now this, their reporting is absolute garbage. The BBC has joined the rest of them in the gutter. The recruitment process in the media is to blame. Gone are truly knowledgeable reporters to be replaced by people who follow "trending" and copy it to get 'likes' and site traffic. 

Just look at the daily Corona Virus brief. Why are all the ones asking the questions political hacks? Surely they should be the health or science reporters asking the questions. Instead we have political "gotcha" reporting. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Surely they should be the health or science reporters asking the questions. Instead we have political "gotcha" reporting. 

Exactly, but there is no point clouding a political question with anything resembling facts or science. ;)  

• Like 5

I watched Boris. To me it was clear what he said.  - But then we return to the studio and the BBC inform me what Boris said was vague and confusing. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

I watched Boris. To me it was clear what he said.  - But then we return to the studio and the BBC inform me what Boris said was vague and confusing. 

It was clear and precise, the BBC's response was completely politically motivated.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, I put on the tv last night waiting for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and there was a scruffily dressed little man sitting there blethering away, and I was thinking "come on Jeremy, get on with Fastest Finger First" , but then I realised it was Bo Johnson, the Leader of the United Kingdom of England. I couldn't catch much of what he was saying, it seemed the usual incoherent rambling, but it seemed to boil down, from analysis by crack cryptographers at the BBC, that he was saying that we will be Officially Permitted to sit outside in the sun and get in our cars and drive around from Wednesday. Wednesday? So his nationwide network of snoopers will be authorized to snitch on us on social media if we do it today or Tuesday, but Bo will permit us from Wednesday? Well, I've got news for him (which he was on once, as I seem to recall.) And apprently he's also commanded us to Go back to Work, that is, unless you work in the retail sector, where the only part of it he seems to care about is the giant megasupermarkets, in which no doubt many senior Conservatives have a financial interest. :hmm:

Could someone remind me again what is the point of obediently going out and voting for these twerps whenever we're told to? 

• Haha 2

On 5/8/2020 at 7:06 AM, DieChecker said:

Oh dear... I'm an older male with type A+. Might as well just lay down on the highway.  Got three strikes against me.

I wonder what AB negative means for an older white guy?  :( 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

It was clear and precise, the BBC's response was completely politically motivated.  

exactly look at the Guardian's front page. - the confusion seems to be as you said a political bias. as the FT seemed to understand Boris, yet the guardian and mirror cannot.

_112224245_guardian11may1front01.jpg

_112224319_newmirrorfront11may.jpg

_112224069_ftfront11may.jpg

_112224241_tim.001.1gm.jpg

_112224077_dm_11may.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Could someone remind me again what is the point of obediently going out and voting for these twerps whenever we're told to? 

Not sure, but voting for politicians in general only seems to encourage them. Got to make anyone wonder whether that's worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, and then said:

I wonder what AB negative means for an older white guy?  :( 

Your safe, it's only A blood types that you should be concerned with. I have the same blood type as you, were safe at least were not singled out due to our blood.

Peace

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Your safe, it's only A blood types that you should be concerned with. I have the same blood type as you, were safe at least were not singled out due to our blood.

Peace

@and thenyou're not safe. Don't listen to this wrong information.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

@and thenyou're not safe. Don't listen to this wrong information.

smiley face.gif

• Confused 1

further to the narrative in the media that Boris and confusion. here's further instruction.

708967d6-b987-41fc-a98d-9003f0eff3d5-jpe

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

further to the narrative in the media that Boris and confusion. here's further instruction.

smiley face.gif

• Confused 1

On 5/8/2020 at 12:26 PM, Cookie Monster said:

You speak like someone who has never experienced war.

Its gruesome and horrific.

You don't know dude, because you werent there.

7SDhRCk.png

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

More signs people will ignore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

exactly look at the Guardian's front page. - the confusion seems to be as you said a political bias. as the FT seemed to understand Boris, yet the guardian and mirror cannot.

_112224245_guardian11may1front01.jpg

_112224319_newmirrorfront11may.jpg

_112224069_ftfront11may.jpg

_112224241_tim.001.1gm.jpg

_112224077_dm_11may.jpg

More toilet paper. :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

More toilet paper. :rolleyes:

I only wipe my bottom on The Daily Torygraph. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, acute said:

I only wipe my bottom on The Daily Torygraph. :D

why did the ink on the mirror run?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

You don't know dude, because you werent there.

7SDhRCk.png

He looks like he smokes whatever Helen smokes lol.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

why did the ink on the mirror run?

I can send him a toilet roll if he wants, I hoarded enough of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

He looks like he smokes whatever Helen smokes lol.

that is Helen. :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

* Headline today: "The BBC's been trying to make any sense of Boris Johnson" :santa: 

Good luck with that. 

• Haha 1