Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus cases confirmed in the UK

Still Waters

Men in low-skilled jobs or caring, leisure or other service roles had the highest rate of death from COVID-19 in England and Wales from March to December last year, according to new figures.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said 7,961 deaths involving coronavirus in the working age population (those aged 20 to 64 years) were registered between 9 March and 28 December 2020.

Nearly two-thirds of these deaths were among men - 5,128 fatalities.

Sky news report

22,195 new cases and 592 new deaths

worldometers

People vaccinated up to and including 24 January 2021

First dose: 6,573,570

Second dose: 470,478

gov.uk

Newlyweds, 90 and 86, get their Covid vaccines at converted former DIY store.

MSN

Edited by Eldorado

20,089 new cases and 1,631 new deaths

Coronavirus Cases: 3,689,746

Deaths: 100,162

worldometers

People vaccinated up to and including 25 January 2021

First dose: 6,853,327

Second dose: 472,446

gov.uk

'Hard to compute sorrow' of 100,000 milestone - PM

bbc

• Thanks 1

I had my oxford vaccine today, along with mom and dad, and booked for another around end March early April. At 59 I was not expecting a shot but didn't turn it down when offered. :tu:

Jab administered about an hour ago and so far no side effects. 

The nurse who came out said quite a few in local area were not having the jab. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25,308 new cases and 1,725 new deaths

worldometers

People vaccinated up to and including 26 January 2021

First dose: 7,164,387

Second dose: 474,156

gov.uk

UK nationals and residents returning to Britain from "red list" countries will be forced to quarantine for 10 days in government-provided accommodation such as hotels, Boris Johnson has announced.

itv

The Picture on the British Isles.

• 11% population vaccinated England - United Kingdom.
  • 9.83% population vaccinated Northern Ireland - United Kingdom.
  • 9.2% population vaccinated Wales - United Kingdom.
  • 8.13% population vaccinated Scotland - United Kingdom.
  • 2.9% population vaccinated Rep of Ireland - EU.

Positive news.

• people testing positive. down -28.9%
  • patients admitted to hospital -9.4%

Cases by date;

image.thumb.png.09ae071433766ac506da7f5bcfafa494.png

Is the UK doing a better job than most European countries?  e.g.  It is reported that Spain will have 70% of its citizens vaccinated by September.  Is Britain likely to reach that percentage as well by September?  Are we ahead of schedule?

spain.png

Edited by TigerBright19

1 hour ago, TigerBright19 said:

Is the UK doing a better job than most European countries?  e.g.  It is reported that Spain will have 70% of its citizens vaccinated by September.  Is Britain likely to reach that percentage as well by September?  Are we ahead of schedule?

spain.png

Let's hope they do. But it'll be hard to achieve. 

UK population vaccinated. 11.3%.  

Spanish population vaccinated 2.8%.

Current projection 70% vaccinated by. 

UK August 2021.

Spain September 2023. (that's not a typo on the year) 

To achieve 70% by September 2022. (never mind 2021) It needs to be doing better than 217,500 daily. It's doing 56,000. And vaccine in short supply. Many regions stopping vaccination for 2 weeks. 

Spain daily vaccination 56,000.

UK daily vaccination 366,500.

On current projection. 

EsgP2tzW4AAfPbR?format=jpg&name=large

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Let's hope they do. But it'll be hard to achieve. 

UK population vaccinated. 11.3%.  

Spanish population vaccinated 2.8%.

Current projection 70% vaccinated by. 

UK August 2021.

Spain September 2023. (that's not a typo on the year) 

To achieve 70% by September 2022. (never mind 2021) It needs to be doing better than 217,500 daily. It's doing 56,000. And vaccine in short supply. Many regions stopping vaccination for 2 weeks. 

Spain daily vaccination 56,000.

UK daily vaccination 366,500.

On current projection. 

EsgP2tzW4AAfPbR?format=jpg&name=large

Cheers.  I had no idea there was already a chart with European estimations.  Watching the news I thought we were doing badly, yet it seems we are in a far better position than the rest of the EU.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

A Conservative MP has come under fire after claims he spread "dangerous misinformation" about coronavirus.

Sir Desmond Swayne told an anti-lockdown group that statistics on the virus "appear to have been manipulated" and risks to the NHS were "manageable".

Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove said the comments were "unacceptable" and called for him to apologise.

Full BBC report: Link

image.thumb.png.e80f0f80a55d25a47792fb5ca2f0891f.png

28,680 new cases and 1,239 new deaths

worldometers

People vaccinated up to and including 27 January 2021

First dose: 7,447,199

Second dose: 476,298

Estimated R number: 0.8 to 1 with a daily infection growth rate range of -4% to -1% as of 22 January 2021.

Patients in hospital: 36,931

Patients on ventilation: 3,937

gov.uk

29,079 new cases and 1,245 new deaths

People vaccinated up to and including 28 January 2021:

First dose: 7,891,184

Second dose: 478,254

Estimated R number: 0.7 to 1.1 with a daily infection growth rate range of -5% to 0% as of 29 January 2021.

gov.uk

"Vaccine rollout in English prisons to begin today"

Sky news report

23,275 new cases and 1,200 new deaths

worldometers

'People in their 30s are dying' - exhausted ITU staff reveal brutal truth of coronavirus frontline

Health workers have said "it's a marathon, not a sprint" as new coronavirus patients "come every two minutes".

Sky news report

Some encouraging News.

image.png.9e40aaac724e8d503d1529edb76b1f72.png

By Mid April all those on the priority list will have been vaccinated.

image.png.dd5c78de245b4a5830797c93d88b2720.png

image.png.34cab5447a2fdd4a3a8b2eb699695509.png

Cases by Date.

image.thumb.png.a62535fd36970d718bccb8105bfce924.png

• People tested positive down -31.3%
  • Patients Admitted to Hospital down -16.6%
  • Deaths down -5.7%

The Picture on the British Isles.

• 12.9%  population vaccinated England - United Kingdom.
  • 11.63% population vaccinated Northern Ireland - United Kingdom.
  • 11.51% population vaccinated Wales - United Kingdom.
  • 9.57%  population vaccinated Scotland - United Kingdom.
  • 3.27% population vaccinated Rep of Ireland - EU.

The United Kingdom is now vaccinating just shy of half a million people a day.

21,088 new cases and 587 new deaths

People vaccinated up to and including 30 January 2021

First dose: 8,977,329

Second dose: 491,053

Estimated R number: 0.7 to 1.1 with a daily infection growth rate range of -5% to 0% as of 29 January 2021.

UK Gov

Ending the current coronavirus lockdown must happen "very slowly, very cautiously", Public Health England's Covid strategy chief has said.

BBC

More encouraging news.

image.png.d40ae6aae4299568c3f756432e0c61a0.png

image.png.d86bcd6d41df7dce6cdb082a5a905960.png

image.png.3a554de8cf4d2d57acceeedbad333e57.png

image.png.405f30997e96c43c968e76d89b6eac5f.png

Medical groups representing ethnic minority NHS staff are calling for their communities to be prioritised in the Covid vaccine rollout.

A letter backed by 33 healthcare organisations recommends the government include ethnic minority communities in category six - out of the nine priority groups for the vaccine.

The calls come after a survey by the British Medical Association that suggests hundreds of doctors from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds do not feel fully protected from Covid-19 at work.

Full report at ITV: Link

this is smack bang on topic re coronavirus cases confirmed in the UK....

as suspected the official timeline is wrong - either by design or incompetence - I think it's a mixture of both ...

the first confirmed case has changed - but if you take the trouble to go to the YouTube Site and read the comments it's clear that SARS-CoV-2 was in the UK in 2019 - mainly in the last 3 months of the year  -

I have said a few times that I'm pretty sure (as sure as you can be without a test result to confirm) I had it in December 2019 - and my Mom and all the staff and residents of her care home had it around Oct / Nov 2019 - I think I caught it off Mom -

Talking to people around here - I also think it swept through the town where I live at the end of 2019 - beginning of 2020 -

There was something a bit different about the virus that spread around - it wasn't like a 'normal' bad virus - and at the time I actually said I felt like I'd been hit by a biological weapon -  the cough from hell made proper breathing difficult and if I hadn't done a steam inhalation with camphor oil drops in and coughed up all the crap I don't think I would have recovered so well from it... even my Mom (aged 87) got better eventually although she had a bad chesty cough for weeks after -

If the Official Timeline is wrong - how much else is wrong about this whole SARS-CoV-2 affair... and let's never forget that around 99,5% of people get better - only a small % getting complications that lead to death - this small % coming mainly from the elderly and those with underlying health conditions - 

was it really worth ruining this country economically and socially and loosing rights and freedoms just because the NHS isn't fit for purpose.,,,?

video (Jan 30th 2021) description -

One year ago today, the UK's first victim of COVID-19 passed away. But 84 year-old Peter Attwood's death wasn't attributed to coronavirus until seven months later. He was admitted to hospital with classic COVID-19 symptoms just before Christmas in 2019, raising questions about when the virus first came into circulation in the UK.

Edited by bee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bee said:

I have said a few times that I'm pretty sure (as sure as you can be without a test result to confirm) I had it in December 2019 - and my Mom and all the staff and residents of her care home had it around Oct / Nov 2019 - I think I caught it off Mom -

Yes, it is possible that you had it then... but because you didn't have a test you can't be sure, so you're just conjecturing.

Talking to people around here - I also think it swept through the town where I live at the end of 2019 - beginning of 2020 -

You think so--keep that in mind. You don't know because there was no testing being done at that time for COVID-19.

There was something a bit different about the virus that spread around - it wasn't like a 'normal' bad virus - and at the time I actually said I felt like I'd been hit by a biological weapon -  the cough from hell made proper breathing difficult and if I hadn't done a steam inhalation with camphor oil drops in and coughed up all the crap I don't think I would have recovered so well from it... even my Mom (aged 87) got better eventually although she had a bad chesty cough for weeks after -

What is a "normal bad virus"?

If the Official Timeline is wrong - how much else is wrong about this whole SARS-CoV-2 affair...

If the official timeline is determined to be wrong then that just means that the official timeline was wrong. It would also give us some epidemiological insight but that's.... pretty much... it.

and let's never forget that around 99,5% of people get better - only a small % getting complications that lead to death - this small % coming mainly from the elderly and those with underlying health conditions - 

OK.

So firstly, .5% can still be a lot of people depending on the size of that population that that figure is applied to.

Secondly, where exactly is that number coming from? I am just curious. I have seen so many different percentages thrown around about the survivability rate.

Thirdly, whether or not people get "better" as in "no longer sick with COVID-19"/infected with SARS-CoV-2 doesn't necessarily imply that they aren't going to suffer long-term health issues as a result of the illness.

For example: I no longer have the adenovirus that caused me to spend three years of my life in the hospital, so in that sense I got "better"... but I still have two types of COPD and 28% lung function as a result. Virus-free for years, but I still suffer from the impact it had many years later.

We are just slightly over a year from when the virus first started infecting humans so understanding the full extent of COVID-19's long-term effects is still relatively nebulous.

was it really worth ruining this country economically and socially and loosing rights and freedoms

What "rights" and "freedoms" did you lose, exactly?

One year ago today, the UK's first victim of COVID-19 passed away. But 84 year-old Peter Attwood's death wasn't attributed to coronavirus until seven months later.

Even if that was the case, mistakes do happen.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel

Over half of people in their 70s have now received a coronavirus jab, as UK vaccinations hit nearly 9.3 million.

It comes as the UK recorded a further 406 coronavirus-related deaths, the lowest daily rise since 28 December, and another 18,607 confirmed cases, the lowest number of daily cases since 15 December.

The figures bring the total number of UK deaths to 106,564 and total number of cases to 3,835,783.

Sky news report

Tens of thousands of people in a number of postcode areas have been told to take "extra special precaution" in order to avoid spreading the South African variant of coronavirus.

......in the following areas: East of England (EN10) , London (W7, N17, CR4), North West (PR9) , South East (ME15, GU21) , West Midlands (WS2).

Appealing to people living in those areas, Mr Hancock said: "Stay at home and lets get this new variant totally under control."

ITV news report

18 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

What "rights" and "freedoms" did you lose, exactly?

hello....

where have you been for the last year.... ?

^_^

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Thirdly, whether or not people get "better" as in "no longer sick with COVID-19"/infected with SARS-CoV-2 doesn't necessarily imply that they aren't going to suffer long-term health issues as a result of the illness.

There are long term health issues attached to many illnesses and conditions - but destroying the economy and normal social interaction - scaring people half to death so they are literally living in fear - bringing in draconian measures backed by law that creates a kind of  police state - - isn't going to change that....

this particular virus has been hyped up way way more than it needed to have been - 

For example: I no longer have the adenovirus that caused me to spend three years of my life in the hospital, so in that sense I got "better"... but I still have two types of COPD and 28% lung function as a result. Virus-free for years, but I still suffer from the impact it had many years later.

that must have been (is) tough for you and I know how low lung function can affect people because a friend of mine only has 23% lung function -

We are just slightly over a year from when the virus first started infecting humans so understanding the full extent of COVID-19's long-term effects is still relatively nebulous.

that's true - but the way things are going it will (IMO) end up like any other particularly nasty virus - that spreads around before the population has herd immunity - one way or another - some will get it bad some will get it mild but most will eventually get it no matter how many lockdowns there are - and like with flu and other viruses sadly some will die - mostly elderly or those with other health problems and weaknesses... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bee said:

There are long term health issues attached to many illnesses and conditions - but destroying the economy and normal social interaction - scaring people half to death so they are literally living in fear - bringing in draconian measures backed by law that creates a kind of  police state - - isn't going to change that....

That's a ridiculous over exageration. 

Only extremely paranoid people could see it like that. 

I don't believe for a second you had it last year. You are prone to extreme exaggeration and promotion of conspiracy nonsense. 

• Thanks 2

On 2/2/2021 at 8:00 AM, psyche101 said:

That's a ridiculous over exageration. 

Only extremely paranoid people could see it like that. 

I don't believe for a second you had it last year. You are prone to extreme exaggeration and promotion of conspiracy nonsense. 

*snip*

I'm pretty sure I did have it - 99% sure - how on earth you think you could possibly know and tell me I didn't  ... is pure silliness...

and as we are now seeing - the Official Timeline is being shown to be inaccurate .... and SARS-CoV-2 was in the UK earlier than originally thought - at the end of 2019 at least - 

Edited by Saru
Removed flamebait
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bee said:

this particular virus has been hyped up way way more than it needed to have been - 

I don't agree, in all honesty.

Frankly, I'm inclined to think that measures haven't strict enough in many places such as the USA, as one example... though it (thankfully) is getting better.

There are long term health issues attached to many illnesses and conditions - 

Yes, but we are talking specifically about COVID-19. Let's try to stick to the topic.

but destroying the economy and normal social interaction -

These measures are likely saving the economy, firstly.

Secondly, normal social interaction facilitates the spread of the virus, which is what we don't want.

but the way things are going it will (IMO) end up like any other particularly nasty virus 

This opinion, honestly, warrants some research.

- that spreads around before the population has herd immunity

We don't know the extent to which herd immunity applies to this virus.

- one way or another - some will get it bad some will get it mild but most will eventually get it no matter how many lockdowns there are - and like with flu and other viruses sadly some will die - mostly elderly or those with other health problems and weaknesses... 

If the public health and safety measures are adhered to as per the CDC/WHO/etc then significantly fewer people will die. Some people may also have underlying issues that they aren't even aware of, which is dangerous. Also, again... long-term issues from the virus/disease could be much more severe than what we realize.

It has been postulated that even asymptomatic cases may result in scarred tissue in the lungs, which is... terrifying

I'm pretty sure I did have it - 99% sure - how on earth you think you could possibly know and tell me I didn't  ... is pure silliness...

How are you 1% uncertain that you had COVID-19? Where does that 1% come from? You either had it, or you didn't. You never had a test, so you're not certain at all.

and as we are now seeing - the Official Timeline is being shown to be inaccurate .... and SARS-CoV-2 was in the UK earlier than originally thought - at the end of 2019 at least -

Even so, that doesn't imply that that is what you had. Continuing into your daily life with that mindset is actually potentially quite dangerous, as it will likely make you prone to not take it as seriously as you should.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel