Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus cases confirmed in the UK

Still Waters

3,862 new cases and 19 new deaths

People vaccinated up to and including 27 March 2021

First dose: 30,151,287

Second dose: 3,527,481

gov.uk

UK hits 30 million first coronavirus vaccine doses - 57% of all adults

news.sky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow nearly 60%. Plus the 20% acquired natural immunity. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Wow nearly 60%. Plus the 20% acquired natural immunity. 

No, some of those 20% will also have received the vaccine.

So true figure is somewhere between 60 and 80%. And that's only first dose.

Still amazing but let's not undermine it with misrepresentation.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

No, some of those 20% will also have received the vaccine.

So true figure is somewhere between 60 and 80%. And that's only first dose.

Still amazing but let's not undermine it with misrepresentation.

We must be closer to 80% and let's not forget 95% of the vulnerable group. And 90%+  for over 65's done. Brilliant. Hospitalisation down deaths down. The vaccine at one dose is brilliant 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 11:16 AM, stevewinn said:

let's not forget 95% of the vulnerable group.

Don't forget that as many as 2 million clinically vulnerable asthmatics were dumped out of group 6 at the last minute to help expedite the government's vaccination and lockdown-easing targets. 

There will still be a lot of unvaccinated, vulnerable people out there as things open back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/29/2021 at 11:16 AM, stevewinn said:

We must be closer to 80% and let's not forget 95% of the vulnerable group. And 90%+  for over 65's done. Brilliant. Hospitalisation down deaths down. The vaccine at one dose is brilliant 

55% is the real world number in England. Unclear if this includes children as well though.

BBC News - Covid: Half of UK has antibodies from vaccination or infection

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56576094

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

55% is the real world number in England. Unclear if this includes children as well though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56576094

Brilliant achievement. Just gets better and better. 

2 hours ago, Saru said:

Don't forget that as many as 2 million clinically vulnerable asthmatics were dumped out of group 6 at the last minute to help expedite the government's vaccination and lockdown-easing targets. 

There will still be a lot of unvaccinated, vulnerable people out there as things open back up.

They'll just have to wait their turn, as all others have. 

58 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

They'll just have to wait their turn, as all others have. 

(Almost) everyone else with a medical condition that puts them at increased risk from Covid has been offered a vaccine in either group 4 or 6.

Asthmatics were promised a priority vaccine in group 6 and then had that taken away from them.

So they've lost their turn and in many cases perfectly healthy people will now get the vaccine before them.

2 minutes ago, Saru said:

(Almost) everyone else with a medical condition that puts them at increased risk from Covid has been offered a vaccine in either group 4 or 6.

Asthmatics were promised a priority vaccine in group 6 and then had that taken away from them.

So they've lost their turn and in many cases perfectly healthy people will now get the vaccine before them.

I'm sure they'll be thankful when their turn comes. With the excellent world beating vaccine rollout it'll be sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I'm sure they'll be thankful when their turn comes. With the excellent world beating vaccine rollout it'll be sooner rather than later. 

If I'm still breathing when it finally comes, sure I'll be thankful for it.

If, on the other hand, I've caught covid while being forced to come into work and put in danger by a government that puts headlines over safety, I may be somewhat less grateful.

Quite happy to be the case study here. I'm 29 so I'll be in the last group vaccinated. According to the covid risk assessment the government has recommended, I have a covid age of 48. That means I'm at the same risk as a 48 year old. Yet that same government has decided to vaccinate me after a healthy 31 year old.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

I can assure you that those impacted and their families are anything but thankful for the situation they currently find themselves in.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Setton said:

If I'm still breathing when it finally comes, sure I'll be thankful for it.

If, on the other hand, I've caught covid while being forced to come into work and put in danger by a government that puts headlines over safety, I may be somewhat less grateful.

Always so negative. Try thinking of others who are worse off. You've 'survived' a whole year of the worse pandemic EVER, so keep doing what you've been doing and wait your turn. And be happy. 

4 minutes ago, Saru said:

I can assure you that those impacted and their families are anything but thankful for the situation they currently find themselves in.

Yes, I'm sure. If people are so determined why don't they do what a friend and his wife did recently - But hold on to your seat here, because it involves thinking for oneself and that is phone the local clinic every day and get the spare vaccine that's left because people failed to turn up. Mind blowing I know. Or just sit wait and moan. Much easier. Sad. 

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Always so negative. Try thinking of others who are worse off. You've 'survived' a whole year of the worse pandemic EVER, so keep doing what you've been doing and wait your turn. And be happy. 

Worse off?

If they're worse off, they've already had their vaccine. And yet I'm still in the office, at increased risk, despite having covered for them when they were more vulnerable.

I've survived a year with strict controls in place. Those controls will be gone before I am vaccinated. 

As for 'wait your turn', I've been putting myself at risk to keep you safe for a year while you were sat at home. Now you're quite willing to put me in extra danger for literally no reason.

So you can kindly do one.

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

Yes, I'm sure. If people are so determined why don't they do what a friend and his wife did recently - But hold on to your seat here, because it involves thinking for oneself and that is phone the local clinic every day and get the spare vaccine that's left because people failed to turn up. Mind blowing I know. Or just sit wait and moan. Much easier. Sad. 

If you'd bothered to research this issue in the slightest you'd have known that it doesn't work like that.

Thinking for oneself typically involves finding out what's actually going on instead of accepting the government's official narrative at face value.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Or perhaps we've already done that and are still waiting.

Why should it be a lottery depending how many your local centre has left over each day rather than the government actually taking responsibility for anything?

4,040 new cases and 56 new deaths

People vaccinated up to and including 29 March 2021

First dose: 30,680,948

Second dose: 3,838,010

UK Gov

Police have warned people to stick to coronavirus rules after large crowds were seen brawling and drinking in a city park on the day restrictions eased.

Over 50 per cent of people in England people have Covid-19 antibodies from either being infected or vaccination as deaths fall to the lowest level since October, figures show.

There were 963 deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending March 19 where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

This is the lowest number since the week ending October 16 and the first time the weekly death toll has fallen below 1,000 since the following week.

UK Standard

Edited by Eldorado

18 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Well that was impeccable timing.

The response from my local health centre a week after I inquired about exactly that:

We try to ensure all our vaccine clinics are fully booked but on the rare occasion if we do have spares then they are offered to people in the eligibility groups,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

Worse off?

If they're worse off, they've already had their vaccine. And yet I'm still in the office, at increased risk, despite having covered for them when they were more vulnerable.

I've survived a year with strict controls in place. Those controls will be gone before I am vaccinated. 

As for 'wait your turn', I've been putting myself at risk to keep you safe for a year while you were sat at home. Now you're quite willing to put me in extra danger for literally no reason.

So you can kindly do one.

You need to learn to be more selfless. There are people worse off than yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Saru said:

If you'd bothered to research this issue in the slightest you'd have known that it doesn't work like that.

Thinking for oneself typically involves finding out what's actually going on instead of accepting the government's official narrative at face value.

Have you rung your local clinic? If not why not And if you have send me your number and postcode I bet I'll get you slot within a week. 

1 minute ago, Setton said:

The response from my local health centre a week after I inquired about exactly that:

Need to be more proactive. Ring every day. And even call in, in person on the off chance. 

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

You need to learn to be more selfless. There are people worse off than yourself. 

There are also people a lot better off than me.

Why should I be a lower priority than them?

Have you rung your local clinic? If not why not And if you have send me your number and postcode I bet I'll get you slot within a week. 

Again:

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

We try to ensure all our vaccine clinics are fully booked but on the rare occasion if we do have spares then they are offered to people in the eligibility groups,

Just now, stevewinn said:

Need to be more proactive. Ring every day. And even call in, in person on the off chance. 

And how do you suggest I do that when, I repeat:

AM

AT

WORK