Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus cases confirmed in the UK

Still Waters

The question now is whether this "Indian variant" is going to screw everything up now that it seems to be spreading through the country.

With lockdown easing set for Monday and beyond, are we going to end up back at square one ?

We need more data on how much more transmissible it is and how effective the vaccines are against it.

Lifting lockdown restrictions without knowing this seems reckless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Saru said:

The question now is whether this "Indian variant" is going to screw everything up now that it seems to be spreading through the country.

With lockdown easing set for Monday and beyond, are we going to end up back at square one ?

We need more data on how much more transmissible it is and how effective the vaccines are against it.

Lifting lockdown restrictions without knowing this seems reckless.

It's crazy!

Bozo promised us a "cautious but irreversible" reopening, but he seems determined to push ahead regardless.

Edited by acute
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, acidhead said:

The BBC is in panic mode

Not the first time.

They will shortly be claiming public confusion, due to bbc commentary differing from the government.

Apparently mass vaccination can be ignored, the lock down easing should copy last year and the bbc have found one expert to back this up. ;) 

• Haha 2

It's over, vaccine programme saved the day. Herd immunity established. (We've probably ended up where we would have anyway) 

Deaths will go on in similar numbers to  common aliments. 

But we won't be locking down again. The vaccines have some use against all these variants.

The media have made a lot of money out of " reporting " covid. 

The well is drying up. 

New cases have nearly doubled . . . . .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Its always some kind of funny when morons of all kind declare the pandemic as to be over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2021 at 10:23 PM, ouija ouija said:

New cases have nearly doubled . . . . .

Sadly, someone accurately predicted this.  (on page 91)

:(

• Like 1

How's vaccinations going on in the UK?  Are any of these new cases among the vaccinated?  It seems pretty level to me.

16 hours ago, Gromdor said:

How's vaccinations going on in the UK?  Are any of these new cases among the vaccinated?  It seems pretty level to me.

Vaccines are available to everyone over 25 from this week so the rollout is going well.

Not sure how many new cases are vaccinated. No vaccine is 100% so no doubt some will be. I doubt they're openly publishing figures because of how the usual idiots would spin it.

16 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I think I read that the vaccinations are only 40% effective aginst the Indian variant so that may be the cause of some new cases.

• Like 2

This is exactly what I predicted!  A big increase in cases, but few deaths.

Thanks to the partial re-opening, more people are catching the virus, but (because of vaccination) less of those are dying.

• Like 1

7,393 new cases and 7 new deaths

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

The number of people waiting for hospital treatment in England has topped five million for the first time, the latest figures show.

The NHS England data showed 5.12 million people had been waiting at the end of April.

BBC report

Travellers at 'mercy of rogue operators' as Which? finds 'serious problems' with govt test providers.

Sky News report