Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coronavirus cases confirmed in the UK

Still Waters

54,990 new cases and 454 new deaths

Coronavirus Cases: 2,654,779

Deaths: 75,024

WorldOmeters

Prime Minister Boris Johnson says tougher COVID-19 restrictions may need to be implemented "in the next few weeks".

Sky News

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Prime Minister Boris Johnson says tougher COVID-19 restrictions may need to be implemented "in the next few weeks".

Dithering Bozo should get on with it!

What are we waiting for..... A few thousand more deaths?

On 12/31/2020 at 11:02 AM, stevewinn said:

lockdowns and the wearing of masks are doing nothing as its become evident with time. even the most ardent supporter cant support the claims anymore.

Utter b******s.

Screenshot_20210102-004022~2.png

2 hours ago, acute said:

Exactly. There is an end in sight now. Full lockdown, especially schools, to get enough of a headstart in the vaccination programme then reopen gradually.

But no, they'll 'follow the science'. Unless the science says the government made a mistake, then **** it, we'll guess.

• Like 1

If anyone's going to be bubbling on happily about the latest untested concoction the British government is going to be trying to push on its people, the AstroZenecaThisThatAndTheOther AZD1222 [ChAdOx1] COVID 19 Vaccine, I'd urge you to read this. 

https://off-guardian.org/2021/01/03/what-vaccine-trials/

What this means, as I'm sure you'll realise, is that none of them have been proved to work, and it's ridiculously way, way too early to state suavely that "they have been proved to be completely safe". That's not how testing and approval of new vaccines works. it's a con. 

Edited by Space Commander Travis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Setton said:

Exactly. There is an end in sight now. Full lockdown, especially schools, to get enough of a headstart in the vaccination programme then reopen gradually.

But no, they'll 'follow the science'. Unless the science says the government made a mistake, then **** it, we'll guess.

full lockdown, for how long would you recommend? Shutting down the entire economy for a few months, ha, the British economy hardly exists anymore so no one'll notice. Just as long as it Saves Lives!!!!  

And force an alarmingly untested gunk on the gullible, about which the best we can probably hope is that it won't do any active harm.

How responsible you are. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, acute said:

how many times do people have to point this out?: These "Deaths" from The Horrid Disease would have happened anyway. At best, or worst, they may have come slightly sooner than they would anyway. Trying to pretend you can Stop Death is hubris tic absurdity of an unprecedented level. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Space Commander Travis said:

full lockdown, for how long would you recommend? Shutting down the entire economy for a few months, ha, the British economy hardly exists anymore so no one'll notice. Just as long as it Saves Lives!!!!  

They're already halfway through the clinically extremely vulnerable population.

And force an alarmingly untested gunk on the gullible, about which the best we can probably hope is that it won't do any active harm.

How responsible you are. 

As you know perfectly well, it is not untested and has gone through all the same tests and controls as any other vaccine.

2 minutes ago, Space Commander Travis said:

how many times do people have to point this out?: These "Deaths" from The Horrid Disease would have happened anyway.

Just not true:

download.png

* And for you people clamouring for Full Lockdown! Everyone should be prevented from coming into contact with any other Human being, because it'll Save Lives!!!!!!on the grounds that people might be spreading The Horrid Disease about them wherever they go but may not know it, you have, I'm sure, as I'm sure you follow The Science avidly, seen that science (proper science, done how it should be done, not Johnson's religious icon The Science) has, as near as science (proper science) is prepared to go, stated that about the biggest survey it';s possible to make (of ten million people, near enough) has come up with not one single piece of proof that it's ever been found to happen? You do know that, I'm sure. So what are your motives for Full Lockdown? You want to increase mental distress still more, increase the number of jobs lost and small businesses driven out of business, deny people (and particularly elderly people who are forcibly kept away from their family, ask Bee) human contact, if spreading between people who aren't showing symptoms has never been proved to happen? That (preventing an entirely hypothetical) is a "price worth paying"? 

• Thanks 1

Oh look, Setton's got a Graph! I hope you'll shove it under Boris's nose, he loves a good scary graph. Did you know, fond as you are of graphs of Excess Deaths, that worldwide, and I'm sure it's the same in Boris's little kingdom as well, that whatever Excess Deaths there may have been in the last year is barely measurable compared with the normal average? But that doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Space Commander Travis said:

Oh look, Setton's got a Graph! I hope you'll shove it under Boris's nose, he loves a good scary graph. Did you know, fond as you are of graphs of Excess Deaths, that worldwide, and I'm sure it's the same in Boris's little kingdom as well, that whatever Excess Deaths there may have been in the last year is barely measurable compared with the normal average? But that doesn't matter. 

I get it,your angry...

But i must add,when i see your profile pic and "Space Commander Travis" next to it i laughed through your whole post...sorry man :lol:

Here' for your entertainment is a mercifully short video of Hancock pretending to get all emotional. Be warned, you may need medication for nausea. 

https://www.b****ute.com/video/H9Y2EYK2JM2Z/

What a ghastly steaming pile of ... hypocrisy. 

* Oh how hilarious. It doesn't allow the url of that since it contains a Naughty Word. Well, insert the word 'itch' into the above and you'll get it.

Edited by Space Commander Travis

1 hour ago, Space Commander Travis said:

Proof right there that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Excess deaths are the deaths above the normal average.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Space Commander Travis said:

Here' for your entertainment is a mercifully short video of Hancock pretending to get all emotional. Be warned, you may need medication for nausea. 

https://www.b****ute.com/video/H9Y2EYK2JM2Z/

What a ghastly steaming pile of ... hypocrisy. 

* Oh how hilarious. It doesn't allow the url of that since it contains a Naughty Word. Well, insert the word 'itch' into the above and you'll get it.

Just a question,since you live over there and i always prefer a local citizens take over overseas "news articles"...how harsh are these lockdowns?Are people abiding by them?How long are they supposed to last?

I myself am for masks and people being 6 feet apart,but how long realistically can lockdowns be enforced before hammering a economy?

Just thought a slightly different perspective on what's happening in the UK might be useful. The article is comments by three Australian nurses working at different hospitals in the UK.

In Accident and Emergency (A&E) we're seeing 300 to 350 patients a day. That's about the same as during the first wave, but their acuity has increased, meaning they are sicker and need greater care...We're also accepting ICU transfers from hospitals that have no capacity. It's great we can offer that support, but soon we'll have to stop because we won't have capacity ourselves...

COVID patients deteriorate so much faster. A normal [ICU] shift might have one deterioration a day. A COVID ICU shift will have multiple patients deteriorating and multiple patients dying. Normally, one nurse will look after one or two patients on breathing machines in an open space. That is the safe ratio. During COVID the ratio is more like one to four or five, and now they are all in single rooms, making them effectively invisible if they deteriorate...

The numbers now are higher than they were in April. That is terrifying. People don't seem to understand, or care, how dangerous COVID is. They aren't taking it seriously anymore, or they think they are invincible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some hacker needs to decode the headers on Travis's posts, find the home related to his IP address, then we can go down to Dorchester and saw through his internet cable!

:D

Edited by acute
  • Haha 1

Lockdowns have worked before, but can we expect the new one to do the same?

It feels like we are back in March or April last year, when the strict controls on all our lives led to a fairly quick decline in levels of coronavirus.

But one of the crucial differences this time is the new variant, which is thought to spread between 50 and 70% faster than previous forms of the virus.

Experts warn there are now no guarantees that lockdown will be enough to bring the variant under control.

Full article: BBC analysis

No data to support UK delay of vaccines’ second dose, says WHO

Move to postpone second jab by up to 12 weeks is not supported by scientific evidence, experts find

Full report at the Guardian: Link

Edited by Eldorado

Is Brexit or Covid causing problems with online orders?  I ordered some gym equipment from a seller in China in December, but they cancelled the order and sent me a refund with this apology.

'Hello dear buyer, due to the epidemic, a large number of logistics services have been interrupted, making it impossible to deliver to you. In addition, it cannot be shipped smoothly. So we have sent you a refund. After a period of time you can buy again.'

Is Covid the reason, or is it Brexit?  I can't understand how Covid caused them to cancel my order?  Are transport and postal services temporarily closed in parts of the world, or refusing to accept any more parcels with a temporary cap on how many items they can ship out per month?

Edited by TigerBright19

28 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Is Brexit or Covid causing problems with online orders?  I ordered some gym equipment from a seller in China in December, but they cancelled the order and sent me a refund with this apology.

'Hello dear buyer, due to the epidemic, a large number of logistics services have been interrupted, making it impossible to deliver to you. In addition, it cannot be shipped smoothly. So we have sent you a refund. After a period of time you can buy again.'

Is Covid the reason, or is it Brexit?  I can't understand how Covid caused them to cancel my order?  Are transport and postal services temporarily closed in parts of the world, or refusing to accept any more parcels with a temporary cap on how many items they can ship out per month?

There's no problems with mail from China as far as I know. Staff shortages worldwide are slowing things down but that shouldn't have affected your order.

If it was being sent from an agent in mainland Europe, though, new customs forms may have put the seller off.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

https://www.ups.com/gb/en/service-alerts.page

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

Edited by Eldorado
  • Thanks 1

62,322 new cases and 1,041 new deaths

UK Gov

The UK has recorded the highest number of COVID-related deaths during the second wave of the pandemic - and the highest daily increase in cases.

Sky news report

• Sad 2

• 533,253 deaths registered in England and Wales in 2017
  • 541,589 deaths registered in England and Wales in 2018
  • 530,841 deaths registered in England and Wales in 2019
  • 573,465 deaths registered in England and Wales in 2020 week 1, 03 January To Week 52 December 25th 2020.

difference between years compared with 2020.

• 2017 difference 40,212
  • 2018 difference 31,876
  • 2019 difference 42,642

image.png.a97dc6f0997eb7b2ffd5ca2175c0259d.png

image.png.52c3ceb27cf7d4a897cdfc72e196893d.png

Most of the regions followed or near the 5 year average.

image.png.3d1d8293dcac766da6f85af3dd09cbb5.png

Edited by stevewinn
  • Thanks 1

The number of coronavirus patients in Welsh hospitals could soon be double that seen during the first wave of the pandemic, the country’s NHS chief executive has warned.

Dr Andrew Goodall said Wales’s health system was under “immense pressure”, with its critical care units operating at 140% of normal capacity and two health boards dedicating almost half their beds to patients with the virus.

Belfast Telegraph: Link

Across the UK, hospitals were treating 30,451 Covid patients as of Monday, with 2,645 people on ventilation.

Oxford Mail: Link

UK Gov: Link

image.png.4c9b35801d6523e813abc9bc14113611.png

image.png.1dfd28c91fd7c45da9d5e2762bfb8bbb.png

image.png.8bc2577ec1da06ee1886f763c7e41108.png

image.png

For Wales.

image.png.18eae4685f4f2bca031e30e49ef60dd3.png

image.png.a9e67d5be8ee8abb8eeeba20fdf643bc.png