Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2020 Libertarian predidential candidates

Desertrat56

Here is a link to the Libertarian parties list of candiddates.  I am concerned that two of them are allowed to be in the list.  You will know which two when you see their photos.

https://www.lp.org/libertarian-party-2020-presidential-candidates/

Bill Weld isn't on the list and I wonder why, but he is old so maybe it is good that he is not running.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

:blink:.......wtf????/

https://verminsupreme2020.com/   

It was easy to pick him out of the crowd!  I wonder if he will get any votes at all in the primaries.  And the guy in the yellow hat, did you check him out?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

And the guy in the yellow hat, did you check him out?

A tax dodger who runs his campaign from Cancun, Mexico and wants to give out free everything.

:lol:  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Rainboot for a hat.  Tigerprint Jacket.  Okay, I'm changing my affiliation back to independent.

Well, they have some other people.  Just ignore the goofballs.

10 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

My favorite dark horse candidate!

Dark horse ? 

Well, dark boot, anyway. 

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Here is a link to the Libertarian parties list of candiddates.  I am concerned that two of them are allowed to be in the list.  You will know which two when you see their photos.

Bill Weld isn't on the list and I wonder why, but he is old so maybe it is good that he is not running.

Bill Weld is running on the Republican ticket.  Not that he will get the Primary from Trump.

11 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Bill Weld is running on the Republican ticket.  Not that he will get the Primary from Trump.

OK. That makes no sense, but like I said he is old and one of his friends must have said, "Hey Bill, we need a name on the republican ticket".   Gary Johnson was a republican until he wanted to run for president too.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

OK. That makes no sense, but like I said he is old and one of his friends must have said, "Hey Bill, we need a name on the republican ticket".   Gary Johnson was a republican until he wanted to run for president too.

Could write and ask him.  It's not like an outsider can't step in and change the Republican's values to suit his own, however.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally taken time to read the websites of all the candidates.  I have not hit all of them yet, I think I still have 3 to go, inclluding the Vermin guy.  But I found that only 2 are reasonable Ken Armstrong and Lincoln Chaffey, need to do more research on them though.

I got to Sam Robb's website and saw this, which was appalling to me:

"The LP Iowa Presidential Caucus results are in! Ignore McAfee, write-ins and NOTA, and I’m in the top 8… just behind Vermin Supreme. Jacob Hornberger – 47.52% Lincoln Chafee – 12.77% Jo Jorgensen – 6.38% Adam Kokesh – 6.03% Daniel Behrman – 4.96% John McAfee- 3.55% Vermin Supreme – 3.19% Other (Write In) – 2.84% NOTA – 2.84% Sam Robb …"

Sam should not be bragging about being 8th after Vermin Supreme is number 7 before less weird candidates, including one that I think is more reasonable?  This is going to be a circus all the way around.  (not just Libertarians but the democrat circus that everyone is paying attention to).

More later.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:40 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Doesn't look like we have to worry.

Doug

4 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Doesn't look like we have to worry.

Doug

Worry about what?  That the libertarians are all crazy and we don't really have a third choice?!!  That is a lot to worry about for me.

I am not worried about Bill Weld, he is too old and he is just letting himself be used as a token.   That is all he and biden and that old woman are good for, place holders to make it look like there are more candidates than there really are.  It is depressing.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

here's the list that is on the New Mexico LIbertarian Party site.   They don't list a presidential candidate.

https://lpnm.us/candidates-for-office/

Bob Walsh US Senate
Brandi McAlexander State House 1
Mario Trujillo State House 42
Paul Mckenney State Senate 20
Mike Cordova State Senate 18
Jocelynn Paden State House 26
Matthew Cordova State House 8
Jeremy Myers State House 44
Steven Penhall State House 31
Matthew Cordova State House 8
Scott Milenski State House 45
Helen Milenski State Senate 24
Mayna Meyers Lea County Commission District 4
Jason Vaillancourt State House 28
Scott goodman State House 17
Chris Luchini Public Education Commission District 10

Vermin runs every election. He can be quite funny and his policies are unmatched such as subsidized ponies and toothbrushes for every man, woman and child.

29 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Vermin runs every election. He can be quite funny and his policies are unmatched such as subsidized ponies and toothbrushes for every man, woman and child.

Well, anyone with fewer votes than Vermin should just go home now.

I talked to the representative of the NM Libertarian party about all the nutters that are running on the LIbertarian ticket.  He said there are a couple that are experienced and recommended Lincoln Chafee.  He said that Vermin has been running for years and is essentially a place holder.  God forbid if they never had anyone who wanted to run.

https://www.lincolnchafee.com/

Here is a website with an alphabetical list of candidates they have running in all the other elections.

https://my.lp.org/2020-candidates/?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm/profile&gid=46&force=1&crmRowCount=50&reset=1

• Like 1