Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost hunter calls 911 after hearing voice

UM-Bot

Either delusional, or somebody pranked him.

• Like 4

Papameter Time!!

50% Paranormal Voice   30% Delusional   10% Hoax    10% Pranked

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another whack-job allowed to run around loose in Pennsylvania.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As things stand, the source of the voice that the man had heard continues to remain a total mystery

Respectfully, it's probably mental illness. It would also help explain why he became a ghost hunter in the first place. He probably assigns his symptoms to supernatural causes.

I believe this person has the same type of ability like those that can remote view.  It’s some sort of heightened awareness and I do think it’s possible. Too bad he didn’t have another person or 2 to help corroborate the sounds.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

I believe this person has the same type of ability like those that can remote view.  It’s some sort of heightened awareness and I do think it’s possible. Too bad he didn’t have another person or 2 to help corroborate the sounds.

I call it God given senses. Not so surprisingly, we use as little of our 5 senses as possible, which is a shame. If we spent just 15 minutes a day working on sharpening these senses, we'd be accused of having all sorts of superhuman abilities. I'm not even going to get into neuron sensors or proprioception.

It's getting worse as well. With people having their faces glued to a small cell phone screen all the time, their senses get dulled even more. It's literally amazing, the abilities we have locked away in our senses.

1 hour ago, tortugabob said:

Another whack-job allowed to run around loose in Pennsylvania.

I grew up in NWPA. Most of PA is covered in forestland and small rural towns dominate the state. So, there are more nutty rednecks than you can shake a stick at. What would surprise you though, is what they are not crazy with and that is their guns. Very proficient and extremely safe. Kids are taught how to use and safely handle firearms at a very young age. This is why there are never any accidental shootings. Guns hold no fascination with kids. There are lots of them. Children have no desire to sneak into dad's gun cabinet and "play" with the guns. They can just ask dad to take them shooting or hunting and in many cases, that means walking out the back door of the house. i still remember having to take a gun safety course as a kid. Now, the wacko part comes from being stir crazy and not having access to that which is available in the bigger cities. Of course, the internet helps, but many small town people think a PC is a solitaire machine. If not for Walmart, they'd all lose their minds.

Fun fact: I have spent time in the vicinity of the Jacob's bigfoot. Which to me is obviously a bear.

2 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A paranormal investigator called the emergency services after hearing cries for help at a Pennsylvania cemetery.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/334237/ghost-hunter-calls-911-after-hearing-voice

This is what happens when people allow their imaginations to take hold of their thoughts and minds. If you allow your beliefs to control your Conscious mind, it will also effect your Unconscious mind and then you may experience situations like this even when awake. But, who knows maybe something really did happen, maybe someone pranked him, or maybe it was a Hoax all along, but just maybe something abnormal actually did happen, we will never know for certain!!:D

Peace

• Like 2

Prank and/or shenanigans.

The details are too sketchy, for example did she just yell for help once, or did he switch on his tape recorder to capture more yells or what?

He is a ghost hunter, so he believes in ghosts right?

And yet he believes the screams where from an live woman under the dirty, in a graveyard.

5 hours ago, MissJatti said:

He is a ghost hunter, so he believes in ghosts right?

And yet he believes the screams where from an live woman under the dirty, in a graveyard.

I guess as a ghost hunter he probably isn't used to actually finding something!

If any of this is true then I suppose we should be glad he sought help instead of whipping out a ouija board or ghost box, better safe than sorry and all that..

Gotta say there's a few things that feel weird on this one though:

- Ghost hunting at 10am? Nothing inherently wrong with that but it seems a little odd to me

- No audio or video recordings? Not too unusual, but disappointing as ever..

- Anybody else think it's weird he went off to buy a shovel? Local hardware store is 5 minutes away by car so it's plausible, but I think I'd have asked for help at one of the many houses or businesses en route before that

- The voice was coming from 'a pile of dirt in a shed'? That's weird.. So he could see it but not reach it? And thought tunneling under the shed would be the fastest and easiest way in?

It'd be nice to know if the ghost hunter was still there when the trooper arrived, would help draw the line between mental illness/overactive imagination and prank call

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 11:43 AM, UM-Bot said:

A paranormal investigator called the emergency services after hearing cries for help at a Pennsylvania cemetery.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/334237/ghost-hunter-calls-911-after-hearing-voice

Just bring a damn dog there and if he ear something you dig if not you get the guy in an asylum...

A friend of mine used to camp in cemeteries.  Pull in. Set up his tent. Leave in the morning.

It is always a quiet sleep on a very nice comfortable lawn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pena n�o ter o contato deste homem, eu poderia explicar o que ele ouviu, e diferente do que muitos pensam n�o era um fantasmas. mas infelizmente muitos n�o estudam ent�o vivem dentro da ignor�ncia. como diz a frase,

Probably some local pranksters messing with him. Now yes it is true there have been real cases where people were buried alive. But in this case I am going to chalk it up to some teens/teen hanging out in the cemetery messing with him. Since they didn't find anything the prankster/pranksters probably left before the police arrived there.