Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US life expectancy rises to 78.7yrs

Eldorado

"Life expectancy in the United States edged up for the first time in four years as the number of fatal drug overdoses and six of the 10 leading causes of death declined, according to two new government reports from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Center for Health Statistics.

"Life expectancy in the United States in 2018 was 78.7 years -- an increase of 0.1 year compared with life expectancy of 78.6 years in 2017, the NCHS reported in a study published Thursday.

"The 2018 estimate remains lower than the peak of 78.9 years in 2014."

At CNN: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/30/health/us-life-expectancy-drug-overdose-deaths-cdc-study/index.html

At the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs.htm

Life expectancy in the United States in 2018 was 78.7 years -- an increase of 0.1 year compared with life expectancy of 78.6 years in 2017, the NCHS reported in a study published Thursday. The 2018 estimate remains lower than the peak of 78.9 years in 2014.

Jeeze what a waste of time!  Do people get paid to do this study?! 

Its up, its down! 

Then you have the most common ages of death:

According to the SSA data from 2013, the most common age (aka the “mode”) at the time of death for men is 87 (3415 deaths per 100,000) and 90 for females (3881 deaths per 100,000).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I was in gradeschool I read an article (maybe in Readers Digest  :P) that scientists believe the human body is designed to last 120 years so I decided that is what my life expectancy is.

• Like 2