Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House with no entrance to sell at auction

UM-Bot

Interesting! I wouldn't mind using a ladder but it'd be pretty hard with groceries, not to mention very inconvenient when the ole' body starts to age : (

But for some reason I got a feeling theres a treasure trove of old things in there, maybe even something someone was hoping would be sealed up forever : )

• Haha 1

The brick building owner just needs to buy it and be done with it :). 

Where is the fire exit? Oh right, out the window! 

1 hour ago, Jujo-jo said:

But for some reason I got a feeling theres a treasure trove of old things in there, maybe even something someone was hoping would be sealed up forever : )

I doubt there is a treasure trove, the bricky would of had them. But there could be a body or two. :o

• Haha 3

It's worth buying just for the ghosts!

Every 16th-Century building is haunted. :yes:

Edited by acute
  • Haha 1

It's probably just some storage, no taps/bathroom, kitchen, etc. Oh, and no entrance aside from climbing a ladder and busting out a window.
But...It would be cool if it were a) bigger on the inside, and b) filled with supernatural horror.
I'll say this: it's a really cool story seed!

It reminds me of an apartment I had back in college. It was half of the top floor of a Baltimore row house. Built in the 1830's (according to the cornerstone). In one of my closets there was a bit of loose floorboard, and under that, a staircase to nowhere. Boarded up at both ends. I did a little research, and discovered it was for servants, and I was in the old servant's quarters. I did use it as extra storage, and my friends and I joked about turning it into a place to grow weed, :tsu:

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

journal entry 67: I thought no one would notice my prepper shelter. Hearing strange noises outside, did the zombies find me even through all this brick work? Radio not working, forgot to hang the bloody aerial. Will just have to wait it out.

• Haha 1

How do they even call that a house?

• Like 1

The room must, fairly recently, have belonged to the property that is now  (above) the insurance office, since the windows are clearly the same design and would have been installed the same time.  

• Like 1

Does the price also include inhabitants? If yes, $130 is not that much because you can sell them on E Bay and spend the money on a new carpet or a Hello Kitty doorbell or something like that. .

• Haha 1

So cool, a follow up with the discoveries of what is insight would be nice.
Looks like both houses left and right have intentionatedly sealed this room in between. I am sure that it may have been due to a dispute Re; not decide who is entitled to it or simply for better privacy.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 7:32 AM, ExoPaul said:

Anyone interested in it, here is the official listing for the property with extra photos. 

https://www.williamhbrown.co.uk/houses-for-sale/property-details/AUC0022142

That looks like a door in the back wall. Use zip ties to affix a ladder to the pipe/pole, and you've got access.

width_700,,ededed,.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Why? That's what I wanna know. 

51 minutes ago, Princess Serenity said:

Why? That's what I wanna know. 

why what?  why someone bought it? it is an investment,  if nothing else,

On 2/1/2020 at 10:32 AM, ExoPaul said:

Anyone interested in it, here is the official listing for the property with extra photos. 

https://www.williamhbrown.co.uk/houses-for-sale/property-details/AUC0022142

I thinking I were the insurance owner & it were part of the building he bought then I think I would have made it into a studio and rented it out but with the money insurance agents make why bother right... even storage you would have thought would have been nice, geez at that I think I would have put my private office right in front of that big window.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:53 PM, acute said:

It's worth buying just for the ghosts!

Every 16th-Century building is haunted. :yes:

My house is haunted, or perhaps enchanted is a better word.  It’s only fourteen years old. :yes:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...